Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: joe[_5_]
Forum: UK January 22nd 11, 02:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 141
Posted By joe[_5_]
Cycle helmets offer vital protection to the brain.

Judith wrote:

I once heard that motorcycle helmets frequently cause spinal damage
that results in permanent paralysis.

Yes - someone down the pub told me that as well.

They were...
Forum: UK January 3rd 11, 07:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 53
Posted By joe[_5_]
Its a black day for vulnerable road users.

Doug wrote:

On Jan 3, 5:59*pm, "joe" wrote:
Doug wrote:
On Jan 3, 9:21 am, "Norman Wells" wrote:
Doug wrote:
Yet more...
Forum: UK January 3rd 11, 05:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal

Doug wrote:

On Jan 3, 9:21*am, "Norman Wells" wrote:
Doug wrote:
Yet more pandering to motorists which will obviously encourage
even greater car use.

Forum: UK December 18th 10, 03:39 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 163
Posted By joe[_5_]
A mere 18 months for killing two people on a pavement.

JNugent wrote:

On 18/12/2010 14:36, GB wrote:

Ret. wrote:

But she was not a 'normal' diabetic - she was subject to
black-outs. Anyone subject to random black-outs should not...
Forum: UK November 20th 10, 10:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 232
Posted By joe[_5_]
LED Lights on bikes - are they legal?

JMS wrote:

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 22:13:37 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

snip

I'm totally gobsmacked! You really can't see the...
Forum: UK November 10th 10, 06:43 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By joe[_5_]
Raise Awareness

Doug wrote:

To raise the awareness of weapon users I am organising a
demonstration which will involve a group of us riding our bicycles
from Lands End to Jophn O'Groats.

We will dress up...
Forum: UK October 22nd 10, 10:12 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 79
Posted By joe[_5_]
driver uses car as weapon, driver gets life

Tony Dragon wrote:

On 19/10/2010 08:02, Doug wrote:
On 15 Oct, 20:38, wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
It's good to see that a car driver, using a car...
Forum: UK October 22nd 10, 10:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 104
Posted By joe[_5_]
Another pavement attack on a person using a car as a weapon.

Doug wrote:

On 18 Oct, 22:17, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 18/10/2010 21:40, Alex Heney wrote:

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:39:23 -0700 (PDT), Paul
Forum: UK October 17th 10, 02:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 103
Posted By joe[_5_]
"Baby airlifted to hospital after car crashes into buggy", and on a pavement too!

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Doug wrote:

Car Free Cities.
http://www.carfree.com/
Carfree Cities proposes a delightful solution
to the vexing problem of urban automobiles.

Forum: UK October 16th 10, 08:39 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 79
Posted By joe[_5_]
driver uses car as weapon, driver gets life

Mrcheerful wrote:

Brimstone wrote:
It's good to see that a car driver, using a car as a weapon, has got
his just desserts, life with a minimum of eighteen years.

Forum: UK October 16th 10, 08:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 103
Posted By joe[_5_]
"Baby airlifted to hospital after car crashes into buggy", and on a pavement too!

Phil W Lee wrote:

SInce you are so keen to blame victims, do you also propose that women
should be made responsible for reducing the number of rapes?

It would be a sensible idea, if a large...
Forum: UK July 2nd 10, 05:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 208
Posted By joe[_5_]
The motorists here tried to censor me again.

bod wrote:

David wrote:
"Norman Wells" wrote in message
Don't you think a belief in fairies is a pretty naive and...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12