Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Forum: Techniques August 18th 06, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
Durable Rims for Road Wheels - Recommendations?

wrote:
Some crude theoretical calculations:

Wires have a long and disreputable history in the field of
aerodynamics. Almost the first thing that airplane designers...
Forum: General August 18th 06, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 48

wrote:
Some crude theoretical calculations:

Wires have a long and disreputable history in the field of
aerodynamics. Almost the first thing that airplane designers...
Forum: Techniques August 16th 06, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Please Evaluate My Chain Cleaning Process

Bill Sornson wrote:

Not to mention, of course, that my post was intended to be good-natured and
not in any way insulting. Perhaps you failed to grasp that?

;-)
Forum: Techniques August 16th 06, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Please Evaluate My Chain Cleaning Process

Bill Sornson wrote:

I've decided to think you're a woman.

If this is the kind of thing you've come to associate with the women in
your life, then you go right ahead.
Forum: Techniques August 16th 06, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Please Evaluate My Chain Cleaning Process

I shower and shampoo the chain daily, applying a conditioner such as
Vidal Sassoon Aloe Herbal chain conditioner.

Once a month I bathe myself in degreaser and hang dry overnight.
Forum: Techniques August 14th 06, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By [email protected]
Vegetable oil for your chain - WHY NOT?

BigBen wrote:

Just a while ago, I was pressing a few drops of olive oil between my
fingers, and then comparing that with some other vegetable oil, which
source, I was not able to...
Forum: Techniques August 5th 06, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
MIT on Aero

41 wrote:
-rider contribution to drag about 75-85%, bicycle roughly 15-25%. Not
much to work with for the bicycle.

That's the last time I'll ride in drag, then.
Forum: Techniques August 5th 06, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
VeloNews on Frame Stiffness

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
Although I think it should be possible to determine stability
objectively
by instrumenting a bike with an accelerometer and letting a lot of
people ride it. The less...
Forum: Techniques July 28th 06, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Extensive Pix of Campy's 2007 Range

I'm curious how the machining would compare with, eg, an Isis BB. I
put one of those on the other day, and it had rather involved fluting.

The center clamp would simply be moving the machined...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 06, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Extensive Pix of Campy's 2007 Range

Do a search on "hirth coupling"; there's some info online. There's a
page on bicycle cranks he

http://pardo.net/bike/pic/fail-005/000.html

I haven't checked the calculations, but the main...
Forum: Techniques July 19th 06, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
The 'helmet poll' thread

I've seen several people using the h-word in this thread. I know it's
in the subject line, but in this thread we're expected to behave like
adults and not repeat it.
Forum: Techniques July 18th 06, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
The 'helmet poll' thread

wrote:

But this thread has helmet in the subject line, and it's even in quotes
as required for not reading it.

Who says he read it?
Forum: Techniques July 18th 06, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
The 'helmet poll' thread

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
4156 posts and a countin'......why do people still post on this thing???

Hey, they just broke 150 posters, meaning each of them has posted an
*average* of 27 times. ...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13