Showing results 1 to 25 of 53
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: CrazyChrisVT
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

I have a bunch of clothing that I wear for both Uni and MTBing. I just
put the studded tire on my uni but haven't been out yet. I have been
out on the MTB a few times on the ice...

This past...
Forum: Unicycling August 15th 08, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN // team koxx one

Cool vid, I love the dog driving the van. Nice!

--
CrazyChrisVT
CrazyChrisVT's Profile:...

Wow I didn't realize redwing made those kind of shoes! I was kind of
joking about redwing - I knew they were famous for steel toed boots,
but I had no idea
they made athletic styled shoes with...
Forum: Unicycling July 3rd 08, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
Toe armor

I use 5.10 impacts, high tops. The toe protection isn't very good, I
sometimes get whacked there and it can hurt. But the ankle protection
is pretty decent, because of the high tops. And the tread...
Forum: Unicycling June 3rd 08, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
Girafe unicycling

Holy smokes, you think juggling giraffes is hard, try juggling cats.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 26th 08, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
Cycling backwards

I too have been struggling with learning to ride backwards. I've been
reaching out and using a wall for guidance, but progress is slow. I
can maybe do 20-30 feet using the wall, and only a few feet...
Forum: Unicycling March 19th 08, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
Unicycle accidents happen in the home!

A couple of years ago I was playing around with my uni in my basement.
I was freemounting and riding around. I was using the overhead floor
joists to help balance, occasionally reaching up and...
Forum: Unicycling February 22nd 08, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
Riding in snow

mattburnsey: get the 45C. I have a nashbar studded 700x35C and the tire
is frighteningly narrow. I swear I can see both side of the rim while
looking down at the tire tread.

It does work great on...
Forum: Unicycling October 1st 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
New DH Speed record (bikes)

Here's the bike company site:
http://www.intensecycles.com/web/index.html

here is the bike he rode, or very close to it anyway:
http://www.intensecycles.com/web/news/m6/m6.html

He fared better than...
Forum: Unicycling September 27th 07, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 242
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
29" Discussion thread

On a scale of 1-5, I'd say a 5!!! I love riding my 29" Sun (or is it
28"? whatever). It literally rides itself. People scoff when I claim
that it rides itself, but it's true! I just sit on top! ...
Forum: Unicycling September 12th 07, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
What are those crazy Belgians upto?

Back at ya

http://tinyurl.com/37sg8x

--
CrazyChrisVT
CrazyChrisVT's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12606

Hey MuniAddict, that channeladvisor price of $65 is a great deal.

--
CrazyChrisVT
CrazyChrisVT's Profile:...

Huh? What do you mean "loose"? Is the axle spinning inside the hub?
How can that be? I'm not familiar with the internal design of these
hubs, but perhaps you could tack weld it (it is certainly...
Forum: Unicycling July 31st 07, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
In celebration of the XC 29er

Hurray for the 29er!!! I rode mine last evening and it rides soooo
nice... Just a plain ol' Sun 29 (well, 700cm actually), nothing
special, but I love it. It like rides itself with my sittin' on...
Forum: Unicycling July 23rd 07, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
your other baby..

I'm going to ride my Sun 28" this evening... but my recent love is this
awesome bike. I rocket through the air then land. Smooth is the word.
Like landing in a tub of...
Forum: Unicycling July 18th 07, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 59
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
What Kind of Shin/Knee Pads do you use?

Rockgardn

I have a Rockgardn Flak jacket, with matching knee/shin guards. But I
never wear the jacket, only the knee/shin guards. Uni'ing or b*king.

--...
Forum: Unicycling July 9th 07, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
Riding Headphones

What about this helmet?

http://tinyurl.com/2f6pse

Safe and easy.

--
CrazyChrisVT
Forum: Unicycling July 3rd 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Uhhh... none?

http://www.worldnakedbikerideburlington.com/

I wouldn't recommend unicycling like that. Pain, you know.

Seriously, though, I like using a padded cycling short under a regular
pair...
Forum: Unicycling July 2nd 07, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
help with circus bike

oooooo... here you go

http://www.sidewaysbike.com/

--
CrazyChrisVT
CrazyChrisVT's Profile:...

Check out bike #3 on the list
http://tinyurl.com/2mwtto

--
CrazyChrisVT
CrazyChrisVT's Profile:...

Primos rock!

You left out Sun Ringles. $35, about medium weight. Definitely
lighter than the Primos.

--...
Forum: Unicycling June 18th 07, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
What size uni is KH riding in this video?

I'm always on the lookout for new unseen (to me anyway!) unicycle
videos, and somehow I missed this one:

http://tinyurl.com/yxs7yr

"Kris Holm Freeride Video"

That is some amazing riding!!! :eek:...
Forum: Unicycling May 28th 07, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
This looks totally crazy - Giant Penny Farthing?

Is this a giant penny farthing?

http://tinyurl.com/2fppvw

It looks like the dude in the foreground, lower left, is holding a
normal sized unicycle.

This looks crazy too; I love the expression on...
Forum: Unicycling May 14th 07, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
Helmets Attract Cars

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/index.php?ntid=133934

I bet he'll continue to wear a helmet.

It took alot of convincing and threats to get my 15 year old to wear a
helmet on his MTB. But he has...
Forum: Unicycling March 22nd 07, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By CrazyChrisVT
Glasses fogging up

Yeah, glasses suck. I'm 43 and I've had glasses since about 10, in 3rd
grade. I clearly remember getting those glasses and losing all my
friends at the same time. Nobody wanted to hang out with a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 53