Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: onelesscar
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By onelesscar
Wide foot seeking wide pedal for special get-together.

I have really sensitive feet...as in, they start hurting really fast if
the pedal bodies aren't big enough. I reeeeaaaallly love my wellgo
mg-1's, and they match all your criteria...light, grippy,...
Forum: Unicycling June 20th 08, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By onelesscar
Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

Yeah, but NZUni is holding it's own on ungeared's against all the geared
cokers. They are conspicuously lonely in the top ten though...

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker...
Forum: Unicycling April 30th 08, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By onelesscar
New brake location on T7

How do you squeeze the lever in that position? It's not anywhere close
to your hands...

And I have to say, I've never -accidentally- grabbed the lever going
for my handlebar. Is that a common...
Forum: Unicycling April 4th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By onelesscar
Strpping Chrome Off a Nimbus Frame?

When I got my frame powder coated, they had to strip the chrome, and I
think he mentioned sand blasting or glass beading.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker...
Forum: Unicycling April 4th 08, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 41
Posted By onelesscar
Holy crap. I broke my KH/Schlumpf Hub.

Yep, he was riding with 165mm cranks, he weighs ~200lbs I think? And he
-really- pulls up on his T7 when he stops. And it -was- a one-rev
stop.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker...
Forum: Unicycling November 8th 07, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By onelesscar
So. Cal. Anaheim hills area or ?

Mostly trials around the campus...the closest trails that I know of are
Aliso Woods.

Mostly I just want company :D

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
Forum: Unicycling November 8th 07, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By onelesscar
So. Cal. Anaheim hills area or ?

Come to UC Irvine!! Sorry, I don't have a car to get to wherever you'll
be...

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker...
Forum: Unicycling October 27th 07, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By onelesscar
Significance of Dented Spoke?

It's easy to replace just one spoke without redoing the whole wheel.

But yeah, probably not a big deal.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker...
Forum: Unicycling October 26th 07, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By onelesscar
Fluro Green Drilled Trials Rims

yunisyko wrote:
Hey....you can't relace a wheel with already used spokes. so if you are
planning on taking apart the wheel itself, you need a brand new set of
spokes to lace in there. the old...
Forum: Unicycling October 26th 07, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By onelesscar
Wide Hub for Nimbus 36er Frame?

saskatchewanian wrote:
Ken, I meant the standard/skinny hub, UDC has their standard hub listed
as the "wide" where there super-wide is listed as, well the Super-Wide
hub.

Nope, there's still...
Forum: Unicycling October 26th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By onelesscar
Fluro Green Drilled Trials Rims

An hour or two?

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127
View...
Forum: Unicycling October 25th 07, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 275
Posted By onelesscar
Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials.

Sponge wrote:
The problem with alu frames is that they can't be rewelded back to their
former strength and glory.. they will NEVER be the same again, even if
you heat treat them again.

Are...
Forum: Unicycling October 15th 07, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 125
Posted By onelesscar
California Mountain Unicycle Weekend - 2007 - Santa Cruz

I feel like a cheater...but are there any extra t-shirts?

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
onelesscar's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling October 15th 07, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By onelesscar
Is this a typo?

oneisenough wrote:
will they really do that??

Wouldn't be the first time...

--
onelesscar
Forum: Unicycling October 13th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

MuniAddict wrote:
Hmm, my KH "Sealed" bearings have a rubber cover that simply pops off
allowing the bearings to be cleaned and repacked, so they are indeed
"user-servicable"...at least the...
Forum: Unicycling October 13th 07, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By onelesscar
KH dual Moment cranks now in 137/165mm

MuniAddict wrote:
It will happen, if I have to invent it myself!:cool:

Do it. :)

--
onelesscar
Forum: Unicycling October 13th 07, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

MuniAddict wrote:
WD-40 to leech out any remaining water so the bearings won't rust! Maybe
remove and repack the bearings too.

Umm...wouldn't recommend it. WD-40 is a solvent, and...
Forum: Unicycling October 13th 07, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By onelesscar
torkerdx

Has anyone used Just Conversation lately?

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
onelesscar's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 07, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 72
Posted By onelesscar
Real commuting questions

I've had more than a couple falls caused by shoelaces...my eventual
solution was to cut them as short as was convenient and lace them like
'this' (http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/bushwalklacing.htm)....
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 07, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By onelesscar
145mm--137mm?

I know loads of people use 137s...they're stock on the KH 20" now.

You'll feel a difference, but a small one, and not for long (your legs
will adjust very quickly).

--
onelesscar

Catching the...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 07, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By onelesscar
Seat weights ??

Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler wrote:
In article

m,
onelesscar ...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By onelesscar
Seat weights ??

thejdw wrote:
There gona be pretty similar, to the point were it probebly won't make
any diffrence.

I dunno...30g of foam weighs an awful lot...

--
onelesscar
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 07, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 275
Posted By onelesscar
Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials.

Danni wrote:
Can we have an update on this frame?

-When we can expect it to come out
-How much for it retail
-How much it weighs

Thanks a bunch.
Forum: Unicycling October 7th 07, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 64
Posted By onelesscar
carbonfiber unicycle frames?

peleschramm wrote:
idk if cf would b good for this but ik aluminum sure isnt (based on my
experience).

Oh yeah, aluminum sucks for rims. Hey, lets make them out of steel!
That's stronger,...
Forum: Unicycling October 7th 07, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 64
Posted By onelesscar
carbonfiber unicycle frames?

thejdw wrote:
CF would probeblt crack if it was a trials rim, not absolutly cerain
though.

Or, rather, not at all certain? As in, stating opinions based entirely
on hearsay?

--
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500