Showing results 1 to 25 of 178
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: domesticated ape
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By domesticated ape
South downs college

Hi, I'm in Aldershot, I ride mostly road and muni:) I've heard Queen
Elizabeth country park is good for muni, I've never got round to finding
out for myself though.

--
domesticated...
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 08, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That's awesome, well done Jan! 27+ kph around the corners of an
athletics track must be pretty scary!

--
domesticated...
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 08, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

My weekend was pretty similar to Rob's report above, including a leaky
tent:rolleyes: I spent Saturday afternoon attempting to play hockey and
learn to wheelwalk though rather than watching trials in...
Forum: Unicycling September 17th 08, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By domesticated ape
BUC Registration OPEN!

I just read the legal document, we're definitely too late to hold a
bicycle or tricycle race but as long as we're on unicycles I think
we'll be fine! The document is pretty specific on the bicycles...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By domesticated ape
Warwick UK Town Centre Unicyle Races

4.91 miles I think, my time was 19 minutes and about 15 seconds, I don't
know exactly because I forgot to look at my watch until after I'd
stopped and got off. So 15ish mph, which I'm pretty pleased...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By domesticated ape
BUC Registration OPEN!

How about 2ish laps of this: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2264822 ?

--
domesticated ape
domesticated ape's Profile:...

I'm off to look for a route on Google maps...

--
domesticated ape
domesticated ape's Profile:...

joemarshall wrote:
Personally I'm only really bothered about muni - from a riding point of
view it's the only type of riding I do which is really different in
different places - road riding,...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By domesticated ape
BUC Registration OPEN!

rob.northcott wrote:
Right, I'm registered. See you all there. No marathon race?... I'm
itching to do another one after I did better than I expected at
unicon!

Rob
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By domesticated ape
Warwick UK Town Centre Unicyle Races

jerome wrote:
clipped in looked very impressive ,can you unclip quick if you are in
trouble?

I don't know, I haven't been in trouble yet :p They are pretty easy to
unclip though, and I...
Forum: Unicycling September 14th 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By domesticated ape
Warwick UK Town Centre Unicyle Races

Well that was fun, there was quite a low turnout in the big wheel race
(only 8 riders) but still a good day. The lack of certain riders helped
me out a lot, last year I came fourth behind Roger, Sam...
Forum: Unicycling September 14th 08, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 55
Posted By domesticated ape
Top 10 Cities in the World for Unicycling

Actual residents of London may want to correct me (I live an hour away)
but I don't reckon it deserves to be on the list.

It's got two hockey clubs, but neither has a particularly large amount
of...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 08, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By domesticated ape
Warwick UK Town Centre Unicyle Races

I just spoke to johnthejuggler on the phone, because I was worried that
I'd sent my form off too late (I sent it on Friday) and it hadn't got
there. He said that it was there, and that it will be ok...
Forum: Unicycling August 20th 08, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By domesticated ape
British Unicycle Convention - Back on!

Haha Monkey World, I will definitely be up for that (as long as they
don't try to keep me :eek: ).

--
domesticated...
Forum: Unicycling August 14th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Posted By domesticated ape
British Unicycle Convention - Back on!

Awesome, not only is it on, it's at the same end of the country as I
am:)

Well done to the organisers for sorting it out!

--
domesticated...
Forum: Unicycling August 12th 08, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Well done Rob, the Mayhem mud was bad enough, completing 24 hours in
worse conditions is pretty awesome!

--
domesticated...
Forum: Unicycling August 2nd 08, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

rem48 wrote:
Whoever he is it is great to see a unicycle on the cover of a magazine.
Was there an article in it about unicycling?

You can look if you want, it's an online magazine so you can...
Forum: Unicycling July 31st 08, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By domesticated ape
Unicon 14: Marathon results

Speaking of Pete Perron, I wonder how fast Chuck could ride the Red
Menace in 1:1.9 gear:eek:

--
domesticated...
Forum: Unicycling July 29th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By domesticated ape
Warwick UK Town Centre Unicyle Races

I'm up for this, last year's race was great:)

--
domesticated ape
domesticated ape's Profile:...

semach.the.monkey wrote:
Yay! Good news on the early arrival of issue 5. Even better news on the
wheel build article as it means that even if I have never been in the
mag myself, at least I...
Forum: Unicycling July 3rd 08, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By domesticated ape
New Formats of Racing

keg wrote:
Liam and I entered as a pair for a TrailTrax competition
http://www.gorrick.com/trailtrax/index.php a couple of years back on
29er's.

We were made welcome by the organisers and...
Forum: Unicycling June 17th 08, 10:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By domesticated ape
**HELP!!!** Rider needed quickly for 2008 Mountain Mayhem

Woo, thanks Anna for saving the day!

--
domesticated ape
domesticated ape's Profile:...

rob.northcott wrote:
Don't suppose you get much time for other riding with all the Mountain
Mayhem training you're doing? ;)

Rob

Er yeah, all that training :o I have been doing 70ish...
Forum: Unicycling April 18th 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 97
Posted By domesticated ape
I just got a "premium" Sponsorship from 661!

Nice one, despite your 'geezer' status this doesn't surprise me at all,
you're always all over the news and Youtube! Have you found out what
the sponsorship involves yet?

You should check with 661...
Forum: Unicycling April 18th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 136
Posted By domesticated ape
Uni magazine issue 4

thejdw wrote:
am I the only person in the uk still waiting?

Looks like it:p Haha only joking, I'm sure it will arrive soon.

I got mine today, I haven't read much yet but I reckon it looks...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 178