Showing results 1 to 25 of 89
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BrettS
Forum: Australia March 22nd 07, 04:24 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 31
Posted By BrettS
Bike tube etiquette

gravelmuncher wrote:
Ok. If I had 2 spares, I'd give them one and not ask for payment - yet
if they offered to give me $5 I'd take it.

However, if I only had 1 spare (as is usually the...
Forum: Australia January 29th 07, 12:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By BrettS
Tragedy at Gnomesville.

Friday wrote:
Riders from the Southwest (WA) area familiar the Ferguson Valley circuit
will be saddened to hear of a massacre at Gnomesville. The roundabout
will never be the same.

Forum: Australia January 8th 07, 05:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By BrettS
Mavic Aksium creaking under load

Spack wrote:
Hi,

This is where the new problem starts. My rear wheel starts creaking in
25 tooth gear under my 92 kg frame and 20 kg lpayload(it is not just my
lunch in the backpack...
Forum: Australia December 27th 06, 02:59 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By BrettS
New (Lowered) Bicycle Fines in WA starting next Monday!

M Bison wrote:
Happened to come along this page during my travels around the big bad
intarweb:

http://www.officeofroadsafety.wa.gov.au/penalties/miscellaneous.html

Under "Bicycle...
Forum: Australia December 7th 06, 12:33 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By BrettS
(almost) Bike rage on the Kwinana Fwy this morning

wrote:
... I find it annoying that they didn't include a pedestrian crossing in
the Roe hwy overpass.

I'm with you on that one. Especially for when they extend Roe Hwy...
Forum: Australia November 27th 06, 09:56 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By BrettS
What to drink on tough rides

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Parbs wrote:

JoeD wrote:

As some may have read on a previous post. I recently completed the Alpine
Delight. On the return leg from Omeo, over Hotham to Bright, we...
Forum: Australia November 22nd 06, 12:47 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 73
Posted By BrettS
Sunday Mail report on nasty prang in Perth

Theo Bekkers wrote:
graeme chambers@gmail wrote:

MikeyOz wrote:

Puts everything into perspective, even when you have had an accident
yourself, you realise how lucky you...
Forum: Australia November 19th 06, 08:56 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By BrettS
forget reflectors

Friday wrote:
BrettS wrote:

Friday wrote:

Did they quote a law?
I've looked and found no law against a bicycle having a blue flashing
light.

Forum: Australia November 16th 06, 09:22 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By BrettS
forget reflectors

Friday wrote:

Did they quote a law?
I've looked and found no law against a bicycle having a blue flashing
light.

My understanding is that it used to be illegal for _anyone_ to display a...
Forum: Australia November 8th 06, 11:31 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By BrettS
Recurring flat tyre :(

just us wrote:
Well I did well over 3000kms without a flat and then it happened - just as
well a couple of weeks before hubby got out the old bike in the shed and
showed me how to do it. I...
Forum: Australia November 6th 06, 09:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By BrettS
Confessions of a red-light runner...

wrote:
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Did you cross the line before the light went red?

If you did then you are not crossing illegally.

My sister got nicked for...
Forum: Australia October 29th 06, 05:36 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By BrettS
US roadsafety ad

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTLqCLYy22A&eurl=

road safety with a twist.

Love it. And you get free delivery with your second order!

--
BrettS
Forum: Australia October 21st 06, 04:12 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

Friday wrote:
Came across this in r.b.t.

10 minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQXxDMfpyuw

Wow!

Like Bleve said, that spoking tool is simply amazing.
Forum: Australia October 20th 06, 03:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 45
Posted By BrettS
Brisbane in gridlock - crack in city motorway pylon

Donga wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20612747-421,00.html
I't s not much, but at least it's a start.. bikes finally get a mention
- and our CBD BUG too!

No free ride for...
Forum: Australia October 17th 06, 03:09 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By BrettS
Removing a cluster without a freewheel tool?

Mike wrote:
Bleve wrote:

Jules wrote:

Possible? Or am I wasting my time?

You can improvise a chain whip easily enough, but the cassette inset
socket is a special tool. You...
Forum: Australia October 10th 06, 03:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By BrettS
rural amusement

Donga wrote:
BrettS wrote:

How is a recumbent snip different
from snip
* Wheelie bins?

Did you really ask that?
Forum: Australia October 9th 06, 04:08 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By BrettS
rural amusement

Duncan wrote:
"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message

In aus.bicycle on Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:53:35 +1000
asterope...
Forum: Australia October 7th 06, 03:22 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 31
Posted By BrettS
We all know bike lanes are (generally) useless, but....

Friday wrote:
Peter Signorini wrote:

"Friday" wrote:

You're right and I was wrong. The median is what we call the average,
and the mean is the largest grouping of a range, so the...
Forum: Australia October 3rd 06, 05:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By BrettS
RR WCMCC Two-day stage race - B-grade (long)

DeF wrote:
WCMCC Two Day Stage Race - Oct 1 & 2 2006.

Another first for me, a multi stage bike race. The
race had four stages over two days. Overall placings
were determined by points...
Forum: Australia September 26th 06, 09:07 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By BrettS
Odd polar behaviour

DeF wrote:

BrettS wrote:

DeF wrote:

Bleve wrote:

DeF wrote:
Forum: Australia September 26th 06, 06:22 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 116
Posted By BrettS
Here we groan again.... theHun

Tamyka Bell wrote:

Donga wrote:

That type of segregated lane marking on 'shared paths' works pretty
well in the few parts of Brisbane where it is used. The path needs to
be pretty wide...
Forum: Australia September 26th 06, 05:50 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By BrettS
Odd polar behaviour

DeF wrote:
Bleve wrote:

DeF wrote:

I have a Polar CS100. I've been using it as
my sole cyclometer on one of my bikes.

Today, I rode a route that the CS100 measured
as...
Forum: Australia September 21st 06, 12:47 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 0
Posted By BrettS
Floyd's 'B' Sample

Found this via yesterday's Fark photoshop contest...:

http://penguins.freepgs.com/pics/btest.jpg

--
BrettS
Forum: Australia September 21st 06, 12:19 PM Posted to aus.bicycle

Artoi wrote:
In article ,
parawolf wrote:

I've just joined Coburg Cycling Club (I live in Thornbury). Speaking
with...
Forum: Australia September 15th 06, 08:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 82
Posted By BrettS
reaching new heights of idiocy

Absent Husband wrote:

I can't fscking believe you guys are still discussing this. FFS, does
anyone remember the "What does Share The Road mean????" thread??????

Listen to Abby - he know...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 89