Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Forum: UK May 23rd 07, 01:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Female Cyclist Assaulted

On 22 May, 09:38, Nick Kew wrote:
On 22 May 2007 00:52:58 -0700

wrote:
a five foot female cyclist as well.

Some wonderful Hindu goddess? ...
Forum: UK May 22nd 07, 08:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Female Cyclist Assaulted

It would take a pretty determined motorist to go to the trouble of parking
up, getting out and kicking a cyclist!

What can I say? The guy even turned off of the main road to park...
Forum: UK May 21st 07, 02:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Female Cyclist Assaulted

Is there any followup to that story? Have the police caught anyone?

--

Well, I had to look for images that looked like the car and they have
circulated those around the local police. Got the...

On 21 May, 11:14, Marc Brett wrote:
On 21 May 2007 02:57:41 -0700, "

wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/24ofto

In...
Forum: UK May 12th 07, 10:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Today's wet weather lessons

On 12 May, 00:04, Tony Raven wrote:
Paul Boyd wrote on 11/05/2007 20:51 +0100:

Didn't get wet, did you???? [1]

25 miles traning. Dry for 22.....you can guess what...
Forum: UK May 11th 07, 08:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Case is point!

Update
Plod came around last night to finish taking my statement. It will be
treated as an asult. He has mentioned that he has seen the car around
in a town not far from where it all happened. Its a...
Forum: UK May 10th 07, 11:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Case is point!

Alarm maybe, but don't carry a weapon. It could easily be grabbed off you
and used against you. This often actually happens, apparently.

Yea, I think in retrospect you are all right about...
Forum: UK May 10th 07, 10:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Case is point!

Thanks for your nice replies. I was desperate to see another cyclist
on my way home and have a rant! We may disagree on a lot of issues,
but I have never failed to find sympathy and support from the...
Forum: UK May 10th 07, 08:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Case is point!

Went out for a train yesturday afternoon. Came across a very small
section of cycle track, which I never use becuase it is on a downhill
and I feel riding at 30mph on a very rough cycle track. Bloke...
Forum: UK April 20th 07, 02:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Canaries

Less wind resistance, more comfortable....

If you are sport cyclist, you need to get the best out of every ride.
Don't feel I do that when I am struggling against wind resistance or
got a sore botty!
Forum: UK April 5th 07, 04:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Clicking/creaking from handlebars/stem

On 5 Apr, 14:04, wrote:
At the beginnning of the year I decided to get rid of my car as it was
costing me a fortune and 90% of the time I was only using it to sit in
Forum: UK March 29th 07, 10:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Bronx Vintage

Hi all,
My boss has just bought a new Bronx Cycles bike. It's the Vintage. As
a road racer, i've had great fun dashing around on it in the car park.
I should put a basket on my TT bike. It can hold...
Forum: UK March 23rd 07, 10:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
HELP!!!!!!!!!!! --- Bike light charger problem.

On 23 Mar, 10:34, "TrailRat" wrote:
I have for the past two weeks almost destroyed my flat looking for the
charger to my Cateye ABS 20 bike lights but to no avail.

Forum: UK March 23rd 07, 08:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
A visit to Oxford

On 22 Mar, 18:13, (Ziggy) wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:09:11 GMT, "Pinky"
wrote:

Just got back from a few days cycling in the city...
Forum: UK March 22nd 07, 01:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Stolen bike

On 22 Mar, 13:03, Tony Raven wrote:
elyob wrote on 22/03/2007 12:37 +0100:

Not really a "one for the good guys". You put yourself in a potentially
dangerous...
Forum: UK March 21st 07, 04:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
A lovely day for cycling

On 21 Mar, 12:42, Simon Brooke wrote:
Today I have two meetings, one in Kirkcudbright (13 miles one way) at
10.30, one in Dumfries (21 miles the other) at 15:00 (Tour of...
Forum: UK March 21st 07, 12:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
A close thing .....

Learn from motorcyclists and always make a 'lifesaver' observation over
the appropriate shoulder before moving out or over. You probably don't
need to look particularly hard as long as you...
Forum: UK March 21st 07, 10:04 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
A close thing .....

What I suppose I am trying to say is that as drivers we can never be too
careful - apologies for preaching to the converted here but sometimes we can
all become a tad complacent in our 4...
Forum: UK March 20th 07, 08:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Bikeability

On 19 Mar, 19:00, Tom Crispin
wrote:
Bikeability is the replacement for the Cycle Profienency Test.

It has the overall aim: "More people cycling more...
Forum: UK March 19th 07, 02:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 51
Posted By [email protected]
my new town bike

On 19 Mar, 14:44, Paul Boyd usenet.dont.work@plusnet wrote:
Erik Sandblom said the following on 19/03/2007 13:35:

Here's a juicier pictu
Forum: UK March 19th 07, 12:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 332
Posted By [email protected]
Definitive proof ;-)

Does your training explain how putting something on your head prevents
injuries to your legs?

It doesn't. I'm quite happy to wait for a leg to heal though. The
brain is the most important organ...
Forum: UK March 19th 07, 09:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 332
Posted By [email protected]
Definitive proof ;-)

On 2007-03-15 21:16:15 +0000, Tony Raven said:

The definitive...
Forum: UK March 19th 07, 09:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Don't chase after cars.

On 18 Mar, 20:34, "wafflycat" wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Forum: UK March 16th 07, 09:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Lovely day

...and no grass grows on the spot where the blood was spilt.

Now that bit even I didn't know! Explains the bald spot on top of it.
(We'll ignore the possibility of erosion, it was definitly...
Forum: UK March 16th 07, 09:12 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Lovely day

(Examines map). Ent done that one yet, but the Cheddar Gorge 300 routes one
up Blowingstone - the next one along to the east, and every second Audax in
central southern England seems to take...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54