Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Cotton
Forum: Techniques February 8th 08, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Cotton
Article about Sheldon in Boston Globe

Excuse the top post but thanks Peter
www.billcotton.com
"Peter Cole" wrote in message
There was a very nice article...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 08, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Bill Cotton
Ultegra shifter repair

"Martin Borsje" wrote in message
formulated on woensdag :
The right shifter on my bike has been sticking all winter...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Bill Cotton
Ultegra shifter repair

"A Muzi" wrote in message
The right shifter on my bike has been sticking all winter (when I move
the...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 08, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Bill Cotton
Ultegra shifter repair

wrote in message
On Jan 23, 9:47 am, " wrote:
The right...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 07, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Cotton
caloric

wrote in message
On Dec 15, 9:00 pm, wrote:
More seriously than my...
Forum: Techniques December 15th 07, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Cotton
caloric

I have a Cateye bike computer, Velo8, on my training setup, that gives
Caloric reading. I am trying to find a constant that I can apply to the same
reading from my gps mileage reading. The first...
Forum: Techniques November 26th 07, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Cotton
STI shifter improveent

Because of my web page about repairing STI, I received the following email.
http://www.billcotton.com/sti_shifter_repair.htm
Bill- just came across a article you had written on repairing the Shimano...
Forum: Rides November 21st 07, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Cotton
Trip Report: San Francisco to Milwaukee - August 10 - 26, 2007

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message
On Nov 20, 1:05 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" ...
Forum: Rides November 3rd 07, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Cotton
Planning for 2008 bike season kick off

"René Auger" wrote in message
I live in canada, province of quebec, near Montréal, and would like to
streach the duration...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 07, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Cotton
Sealed wheel bearings

"FB" wrote in message
Are there any special tools necessary to remove and replace sealed front
wheel bearings? Can...
Forum: Rides July 4th 07, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill Cotton
Henry Hudson Bicycle trail connection to the Edgar Felix Bike way

The Henry Hudson southwestern end is in Freehold NJ. A total of about 30
mile from Sandy Hooks. There are some breaks in the trail. Details are on
this page;...
Forum: Rides June 26th 07, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Cotton
Henry Hudson Bicycle path

"Bill Cotton" wrote in message
I included the Henry Hudson trail on my list of...
Forum: Rides June 26th 07, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Cotton
Henry Hudson Bicycle path

I included the Henry Hudson trail on my list of
http://www.billcotton.com/philadelphia_area_bicycle_trails.htm I have
bicycle from Freehold NJ to Sandy Hook on the trail. Two sections isn't...
Forum: Techniques June 19th 07, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Cotton
Mavic rims

"jim beam" wrote in message
Tosspot wrote:
Bill Cotton wrote:
I trashed my rear wheel yesterday. My first...
Forum: Techniques June 19th 07, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Cotton
Mavic rims

portions deleted
"daveornee" wrote in
message ...

Thanks:
I located a Mavic MA3 with...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 07, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Cotton
Mavic rims

"daveornee" wrote in
message ...

Bill Cotton Wrote:
I trashed my rear wheel yesterday. My...
Forum: Techniques June 17th 07, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Cotton
Mavic rims

I trashed my rear wheel yesterday. My first impulse was to pickup another
wheel. After a night sleep, I thought why not build a wheel. I have a home
machine shop with dial indicators, retired with...
Forum: Rides May 23rd 07, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Cotton
cycling in canada bugs roads culture

"Jim Flom" wrote in message
"Kenny" wrote in message
Forum: Rides May 23rd 07, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Cotton
Delaware State Bicycle Routes

"Dave Rusin" wrote in message
On a recent bike trip into Delaware I noticed some signage indicating
state-anointed bicycle...
Forum: Rides April 30th 07, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Cotton
My Bike Ride from Pittsburgh to Washington DC

"bdbafh" wrote in message
On Apr 28, 3:02 pm, wrote:
I am cycling to Washington DC from the...
Forum: Techniques February 28th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill Cotton
Battery Charging on a Bicycle

"Nick Payne" wrote in message
I cycled across Australia in 1982 with a solar panel in the map pocket of
my handlebar bag. I used it...
Forum: Rides December 28th 06, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Cotton
Heading Northeast from Philadelphia

"H M Leary" wrote in message
In article ,
"Bill Cotton"...
Forum: Rides December 27th 06, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Cotton
Heading Northeast from Philadelphia

"Dave Rusin" wrote in message

So I'm starting to make preliminary plans for a long ride in summer 2007,
and I'm opening the...
Forum: Rides December 20th 06, 11:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill Cotton
2007 bilelog & my two 100 mile centuries each Month in 2006

http://www.billcotton.com/my_training.htm I have post the 2007 bikelog here.
It just happen to be on the same page as my bikelog that shows 25 100 mile
centuries for 2006. I plan to set my goal for...
Forum: Techniques November 20th 06, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Bill Cotton
STI shifter problem

"Doug B." wrote in message
Just want to verify the common wisdom:
If the WD-40 treatment doesn't fix shifter problems, replace...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49