Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.56 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alistair Gunn
Forum: UK February 25th 10, 12:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 106
Posted By Alistair Gunn
URCM closes ranks

Señor Chris twisted the electrons to say:
delboy wrote:
I replied to a thread on wearing cycle helmets, where I pointed out a
misuse of statistics by one of the anti-helmet bridade.
Have...
Forum: UK February 22nd 10, 03:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Resignation of Sara Merriman as moderator of urcm

Toom Tabard twisted the electrons to say:
All the evidence is that you frequently panic and go into rant mode
when confronted by reality, particularly in relation to expert opinion
on the...
Forum: UK February 22nd 10, 02:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Resignation of Sara Merriman as moderator of urcm

Paul - xxx twisted the electrons to say:
Seriously, why rant that things should change while in another
paragraph saying he isn't prepared to do anything to change it? Just
seems stupid to...
Forum: UK February 1st 10, 05:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 415
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Speed Limit in Greenwich Park to be cut to 20mph

Peter Grange twisted the electrons to say:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:46:38 +0000 (UTC), Alistair Gunn
wrote:
Peter Grange twisted the electrons to say:
If you and I...
Forum: UK January 31st 10, 03:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 415
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Speed Limit in Greenwich Park to be cut to 20mph

Peter Grange twisted the electrons to say:
If you and I both pay all the taxes required by the government we are
both paying our way. Or do you have some other definition?

How much should a...
Forum: UK January 20th 10, 12:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 239
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Another crash into a home.

Paul Cummins twisted the electrons to say:
I ride a bike, and drive a car. So I pay road fund licence (road tax) for
my car, and don't get a refund when I cycle in.
I pay Insurance Premium Tax,...
Forum: UK January 17th 10, 10:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Cost of new racing/performance bikes!

delboy twisted the electrons to say:
Does anyone have any views on the Boardman bikes being sold by
Halfords? I originally though they were rather expensive, but maybe
they are a bargain in...
Forum: UK January 4th 10, 10:21 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 210
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Motorists above the law.

In uk.rec.cycling PeterG twisted the electrons to say:
How 'green' would these cities be, given that there would be very
littlt natural light, also what would the heating/cooling arrangements
Forum: UK December 18th 09, 10:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Alistair Gunn
replacing chainring

Just zis Guy, you know? twisted the electrons to say:
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:19:43 +0000, Happi Monday
wrote:
Single speeds are total crap
Which of course explains why...
Forum: UK December 16th 09, 03:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 87
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Government faces legal proceedings over London air quality

In uk.rec.cycling Norman Wells twisted the electrons to say:
Tom Crispin wrote:
Foggy days would be an issue. Reliance on wind/solar would require
back-up generation capacity, or energy...
Forum: General December 16th 09, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 195
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Drop-in replacement LED bulbs?

In uk.rec.cycling Nate Nagel twisted the electrons to say:
Tim McNamara wrote:
I don't think any of the riders I know with dynamos are using a wired
taillight, nor do I. The battery...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 09, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 168

Tim McNamara wrote:
I don't think any of the riders I know with dynamos are using a wired
taillight, nor do I. The battery...
Forum: UK December 16th 09, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53

Tim McNamara wrote:
I don't think any of the riders I know with dynamos are using a wired
taillight, nor do I. The battery...
Forum: UK December 15th 09, 08:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 87
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Government faces legal proceedings over London air quality

In uk.rec.cycling Cynic twisted the electrons to say:
Hydro-electric power is a good way to generate "free" electricity
though, and if there are any suitable rivers that have a year-round
flow...
Forum: UK December 14th 09, 02:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,790
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Cyclists above the law

In uk.rec.cycling Peter Grange twisted the electrons to say:
And I have no wish to pay a tax which doesn't exist.

Ah, but when he avoids paying a tax in a perfectly legal way that's
totally fair. ...
Forum: Techniques December 12th 09, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 168
Posted By Alistair Gunn
"white" LED's vs. incandescent and halogen lights

In uk.rec.cycling Lou Holtman twisted the electrons to say:
It makes a great combo ;-)
http://picasaweb.google.nl/LoetjeH/Misc#5358780828378927730
My winter 'roadbike'.

Hmm ... That's a nice...
Forum: General December 12th 09, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 195
Posted By Alistair Gunn
"white" LED's vs. incandescent and halogen lights

In uk.rec.cycling Lou Holtman twisted the electrons to say:
It makes a great combo ;-)
http://picasaweb.google.nl/LoetjeH/Misc#5358780828378927730
My winter 'roadbike'.

Hmm ... That's a nice...
Forum: General December 12th 09, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 195
Posted By Alistair Gunn
"white" LED's vs. incandescent and halogen lights

In uk.rec.cycling Lou Holtman twisted the electrons to say:
Op 12-12-2009 10:48, Alistair Gunn schreef:
Hmm, I'm definitely looking forward to the arrival of my Edelux then as I
had a...
Forum: Techniques December 12th 09, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 168
Posted By Alistair Gunn
"white" LED's vs. incandescent and halogen lights

In uk.rec.cycling Lou Holtman twisted the electrons to say:
Op 12-12-2009 10:48, Alistair Gunn schreef:
Hmm, I'm definitely looking forward to the arrival of my Edelux then as I
had a...
Forum: General December 12th 09, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 195
Posted By Alistair Gunn
"white" LED's vs. incandescent and halogen lights

In uk.rec.cycling Just zis Guy, you know? twisted the electrons to say:
A D-Lumotec might justly be characterised as thirty-six described, but
the IQ Cyo definitely can't.

Hmm, I'm definitely...
Forum: Techniques December 12th 09, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 168
Posted By Alistair Gunn
"white" LED's vs. incandescent and halogen lights

In uk.rec.cycling Just zis Guy, you know? twisted the electrons to say:
A D-Lumotec might justly be characterised as thirty-six described, but
the IQ Cyo definitely can't.

Hmm, I'm definitely...
Forum: UK November 12th 09, 10:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Alistair Gunn
A little more bike parking in Copenhagen

Mark Lewis twisted the electrons to say:
What is the best strategy for securing a bike?

Lock it next to two other bikes, one of which is better than yours and
the other of which is barely locked...
Forum: UK November 3rd 09, 06:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Hub dynamo with suspension fork?

Sue White twisted the electrons to say:
Is there any reason I can't have a front hub dynamo on a trekking bike
with front suspension, if I wire it both ways and leave a bit of slack
in the...
Forum: UK November 3rd 09, 09:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 148
Posted By Alistair Gunn
Pavement Cyclists - Daily Telegraph

In uk.rec.cycling mileburner twisted the electrons to say:
I recently had a chat with a street engineer who was responsible for
implementing traffic calming measures. I asked him what the...
Forum: UK October 29th 09, 10:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 100
Posted By Alistair Gunn
the other place

Marc twisted the electrons to say:
It pains me to say this but you are making the judith's arguments for it
as far as the actions of the moderators and Steve Firth's arguments for
him that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500