Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: NY Rides
Forum: Rides November 4th 06, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 20
Posted By NY Rides
What's on your Ipod?

Music is like sex- it's wonderful, and there's a time and place for it,
but
not on a bicycle!

You've OBVIOUSLY never had sex on a bicycle, then?

"Gary Smiley" ...
Forum: Rides October 31st 06, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 20
Posted By NY Rides
What's on your Ipod?

Well, Kyle...you made a nice attempt at being sociable, but as you will soon
find (if you haven't already) bicyclists can be just as arrogant and
opinionated as anybody else.

I still think...
Forum: Rides October 29th 06, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 20
Posted By NY Rides
What's on your Ipod?

Because in your car you are surrounded by a cocoon made out of a ton or
two of metal.

All the more reason to be able to hear the jingly bell of some poor,
vulnerable bicyclist in my blind...
Forum: Rides October 28th 06, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 20
Posted By NY Rides
What's on your Ipod?

I don't listen to music while riding. I live in an urban area and it
would be dangerous. I depend on my ears to locate vehicles approaching
from the rear.

Hence my decision to connect mine...
Forum: Rides October 28th 06, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 20
Posted By NY Rides
What's on your Ipod?

Good lord...lighten up!

I second that. At least, let's be respectful of each other's differing
opinions. If we can't do that when we're discussing bicycles, there's no
way we'll ever...
Forum: Rides October 27th 06, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 20
Posted By NY Rides
What's on your Ipod?

Oh, and I forgot...there's a whole bunch of New Country on there, too.

"NY Rides" wrote in message
What about you?

I...
Forum: Rides October 27th 06, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 20
Posted By NY Rides
What's on your Ipod?

What about you?

I ride primarily in the summer time and I've rigged up a little personal
speaker to my iPod. I've got a mix of about 800 summer hits from the 1920s
to now. Every song is a...
Forum: Rides September 21st 06, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By NY Rides
Bike paths in New Jersey

Also try www.geocities.com/NYRides and go to the "Out-Of-Town" section

"Fred" wrote in message
I was hoping...
Forum: Techniques August 23rd 06, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By NY Rides
Ideas for mounting mp3 speakers?

OK, forget it.

"G.T." wrote in message

"NY Rides" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques August 23rd 06, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By NY Rides
Ideas for mounting mp3 speakers?

One would think that the distraction of the noise would make the needed
attention span worse for the beginning rider.

They're not beginners, just people who are hesitant to ride with me...
Forum: Techniques August 23rd 06, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By NY Rides
Ideas for mounting mp3 speakers?

Tee hee. Two very funny answers. I should note that:
1. I'm 43 years old and often "host" rides with people who are not totally
comfortable on bikes. The music helps to loosen everybody up. I'm...
Forum: Techniques August 23rd 06, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By NY Rides
Ideas for mounting mp3 speakers?

This is a two-part question:

First, what are the best bike-mountable mini speakers you've come up with?
By "best," I mean best-sounding and most compact for bicycle use.

Second, how did you mount...
Forum: Techniques August 8th 06, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By NY Rides
Loose brake lever

Does the lever move back and forth within it's frame? If so (and it
didn'tmove before) the bushing is probaby worn. This usually cannot be
fixed.

Yes. That's how it is moving. I guess 10...
Forum: Techniques July 19th 06, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By NY Rides
Gear Skipping?

OK, I found the problem and it was right under my nose the hole time. It
turns out a link on the chain had somehow gotten mangled, perhaps during
transit. I don't know how I missed it, but I...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 06, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By NY Rides
Gear Skipping?

What's making my wife's gears skip around all of a sudden? Her bike is only
a few months old and she hardly rides it. Tonight, she was taking a simple
ride and her chain kept randomly skipping...
Forum: Techniques July 13th 06, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By NY Rides
Schwinn Quality Pump w. Gauge?

Do you live in or near a city?

I think there's a city close to here. It's called "New York" or something
like that. I should check it out some time :) (Sorry...I couldn't resist
that...
Forum: Techniques July 12th 06, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By NY Rides
Schwinn Quality Pump w. Gauge?

OK, so I returned the Schwinn pump and did some shopping for a replacement
gauge for my old, dependable Lemond. Went to two local bike shops (one a
very large one) and also a pretty large Ace...
Forum: Techniques July 12th 06, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By NY Rides
Schwinn Quality Pump w. Gauge?

Also this would be a good time to take apart your pump, clean it out,
lube it, & replace any seals or "O" rings.

I forgot to mention that the Schwinn pump is only a week old.

"john"...
Forum: Techniques July 12th 06, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By NY Rides
Schwinn Quality Pump w. Gauge?

I thought I had solved the problem of the broken gauge on my LeMond floor
pump by buying a new $19 Schwinn pump that looks the same and seems to have
the same gauge on it.

Excuse me for expecting...
Forum: Techniques July 12th 06, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By NY Rides
Loose brake lever

V-brake, road, which type of lever?

Straight cantilever brake with a Shimano mountain bike lever. That's about
the most detail I can provide, not having the bike in front of me. Sorry, I...
Forum: Rides July 10th 06, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By NY Rides
Ever think abt giving bicycling up?

Give it up cause its become TOO equipment oriented?

IT doesn't become too equipment-oriented. PEOPLE do. You have a choice
about whether to give in to that way of thinking. I've been...
Forum: Techniques July 9th 06, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By NY Rides
Loose brake lever

The lever that controls my rear brake (straight, old-fashioned cantilever)
has become loose, moving from side-to-side within its casing. The brake
itself works fine. Is there a way to tighten...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22