Showing results 1 to 25 of 134
Search took 0.45 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anthony DeLorenzo
Forum: Mountain Biking March 24th 09, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 19
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Mountain Biker Robs a Bank

On Mar 19, 9:07*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Robber stomps bank teller, rides off on a mountain bike

Best Mike V. post ever!

Clearly the man robbed the bank *because* he's a...
Forum: Techniques February 18th 09, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Hand guards for cold weather?

On Feb 16, 1:30*pm, wrote:
Does anyone make like a "fairing" or
hand guard that blocks the wind off
hands that can easily be mounted on any
bicycle?

For flat bars, you can...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 9th 09, 08:40 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
GPS communication & locator device

On Feb 7, 5:27*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

I missed the two-way part looking at Spot's web site.

Is there just one SPOT device with a cell phone embedded in it,
or are...
Forum: Techniques February 9th 09, 08:40 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
GPS communication & locator device

On Feb 7, 5:27*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

I missed the two-way part looking at Spot's web site.

Is there just one SPOT device with a cell phone embedded in it,
or are...
Forum: Techniques February 9th 09, 08:37 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
GPS communication & locator device

On Feb 7, 4:39*pm, Corvus Corvax wrote:

Well... you don't push the button on a SARSAT beacon because you have
a mechanical. That's not what it's for. A SARSAT PLB is...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 9th 09, 08:37 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
GPS communication & locator device

On Feb 7, 4:39*pm, Corvus Corvax wrote:

Well... you don't push the button on a SARSAT beacon because you have
a mechanical. That's not what it's for. A SARSAT PLB is...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 7th 09, 12:30 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
GPS communication & locator device

On Feb 5, 10:57*am, Corvus Corvax wrote:

When I did a solo backcountry tour in Colorado last summer, I took
along a SARSAT Personal Locator Beacon:

Forum: Techniques February 7th 09, 12:30 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
GPS communication & locator device

On Feb 5, 10:57*am, Corvus Corvax wrote:

When I did a solo backcountry tour in Colorado last summer, I took
along a SARSAT Personal Locator Beacon:

Forum: Techniques February 7th 09, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 119
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
On low gears

On Feb 5, 7:01*pm, pm wrote:

The current record is held by Steve Gilmore who made 101 trips up the
hill, or ~10km of elevation gain.

Here's a video of one of his...
Forum: General January 28th 09, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Quebec town bans winter cycling

On Jan 27, 12:09*pm, Peter Cole wrote:

I find it very common for people to remark negatively when I bike on a
snowy day. It doesn't seem to matter that the cars are...
Forum: General January 27th 09, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Quebec town bans winter cycling

La Tuque says no to winter cycling

BY MICHELLE LALONDE, THE GAZETTEJANUARY 17, 2009

http://tinyurl.com/nobikesinwinter

City officials in La Tuque will be urging police to enforce a little-
known...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 09, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Frozen headset? (Steering difficult at -12c)

On Jan 13, 6:37*pm, Brian Huntley wrote:
I've been having a problem lately with my bike's steering getting very
stiff when the temperature drops. It may be a...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 09, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
20mm-50mm suspension forks

On Jan 15, 9:42*am, Keiron wrote:
My one and only
suspension purchase, Rockshox judy XC '98, are still sitting in the garage
and in good working order so i'd be happy to...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 30th 08, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 10
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Cold Weather Breathing Aids?

On Dec 29, 5:05*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

She's has a mask
with a device that captures heat from your breath and warms the air
that is coming in... *...don't remember...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 30th 08, 12:28 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 10
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Cold Weather Breathing Aids?

On Dec 16, 1:35*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

Bottom line: anybody else living with this? * Other solutions -
besides moving to a warmer area?

My wife has lung problems at cold...
Forum: Techniques December 18th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Guru bicycles?

On Dec 17, 5:20*pm, "Kerry Montgomery" wrote:

Just saw this on Craigslist:http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/962019621.html
It looks like Guru in Montreal does the...
Forum: Techniques November 8th 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Perpetually loosening threadless headset...

On Nov 7, 9:22*am, Dave wrote:
I have a Santa Cruz Blur mountain bike with a Chris King threadless
headset. *In order to keep the headset from creaking due to fore/aft
Forum: Techniques October 30th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Saint Edward the Great is Levitating!

On Oct 29, 7:16*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
The eternal laws of physics are for naught where Saint Edward the Great is
concerned. I have noted of late that I seem to be levitating....
Forum: Techniques October 27th 08, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Longevity of Cannondale Headshok?

On Oct 24, 7:48*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

I'm trying to determine if in relatively light use the Headshok (Fatty
Ultra 80mm) will survive.

One of my friends had one that lasted...
Forum: Techniques October 27th 08, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Need NOS Biopace 46, 36, & 28 Chainrings

On Oct 23, 5:30*pm, jl wrote:

I believe I have found a 46-tooth but will buy another if you know
where I can find one. *As well as a 36, and also a spare 28.

Keep your...
Forum: Techniques October 21st 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Will this old 3-speed stick shifter work with a modern hub?

Hi All,

I've been planning to put a 3-speed hub on the wife's cruiser. I'd
like to use an old-style stick shifter, if possible. Something like
this:

http://tinyurl.com/stickshifter

Would these old...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 08, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
29x1.9" mud tires?

On Oct 17, 4:04*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

For a chainstay routing, you just want the washer pair that makes the
cassette joint point up about 45 degrees from its normal...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 08, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
Proofide on Brooks leather bar tape

On Oct 16, 6:31*pm, Woland99 wrote:
What do you guys think? Use small amount of Proofide
and let it be? My concern would that if I put it some
on it it will stretch out and...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 08, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
29x1.9" mud tires?

On Oct 14, 3:56*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Okay, this post isn't entirely meant as a chance to brag about the new
bike, but let's get it over with...

Forum: Mountain Biking October 11th 08, 12:36 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By Anthony DeLorenzo
My new downhill Mnt Falcon, Colorado video

On Oct 9, 12:20*pm, LIBERATOR wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHRAdpeXqUk

I hope you can learn especially that Mitchel Sprinsky.

I also talk about a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 134