Showing results 1 to 25 of 380
Search took 0.84 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Crescentius Vespasianus
Forum: Techniques August 31st 11, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
sunscreen ate my paint

sunscreen ate my paint

---------------
It will also eat the rubber part of sunglasses that rests on the nose.
Forum: Racing July 26th 11, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Cadel's drug test results..

When do we get Cadel's blood test results?

We learned with Landis, to wait a while to see who really won, no?
Forum: Racing July 18th 11, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Why Lance will be in Paris.

Lance can't stand the thought that a Tour de France will end, without
the media hovered around him. Although it will be for negative
attention that is better than no attention at all. The thought...
Forum: Racing July 5th 11, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Thor, Cadel

It's obvious to me that these two are dirty.
Forum: Techniques June 22nd 11, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Is jobst gone?

Did some searching through the groups as I don't normally ask a
question if that has been previously answered. I'm talking about he
was in head trauma, then sent to rehab, and then nothing that I...
Forum: Racing June 15th 11, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Tyler Hamilton is weak.

Why is Tyler cracking, I thought he was suppose to be a tough guy? Is
it marital or financial problems, because after they get done using
him, no one will have respect for a snitch.
Forum: Racing July 6th 10, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Lance & Liggett

It seemed as if Liggett was so delighted to describe Lance as looking
like a "coal miner" being "all by himself" with a "black face." I think
Liggett now thinks that Lance has rejoined his "social...
Forum: Racing July 6th 10, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
UCI pussies out? They banned exploding forks, race radios andsplit-aero bars

Ben Trovato wrote:
On Jul 5, 2:07 pm, Betty wrote:
Anton Berlin wrote:
Yet so far in the tour I've seen all three.... For ****s sake who
bribed them this time?
Forum: Racing July 4th 10, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
My analysis...

B. Lafferty wrote:
On 7/3/2010 9:38 PM, Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
Lance proved he can hang with best for 6 miles in a non-grubered Trek,
but we'll have to wait till the Pyrenees, at the...
Forum: Racing July 4th 10, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
My analysis...

Lance proved he can hang with best for 6 miles in a non-grubered Trek,
but we'll have to wait till the Pyrenees, at the near end before the
masks come off.

Watching versus on my anchored yacht in...
Forum: Racing September 20th 09, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Why do we hate Danielson?

Is it because Danielson represents what is in all of us, but we don't
act on those attitudes while he does? So he has a blog where he brags
about himself, and is so self-focused that he thinks the...
Forum: Racing September 19th 09, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Chris Hipp 1961 - 2009

wrote:
This might be old news, but I just found out...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/17/technology/business-computing/17hipp.html

-----------
What is it about cycling...
Forum: Racing September 15th 09, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
I'm so tired of it all...

Missouri, La Vuelta, when will all the madness come to an end? When
will people stop riding in anger, and start riding for fun?
Forum: Racing September 11th 09, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
WFT is wrong with you people??!!!

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:
No commentary on Farrar in the Tour of Spain. Or that Johnny
Hoogerland dude? Or the Schlecks imploding?

I was pretty sure Farrar went too early...
Forum: Racing August 31st 09, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Greenville is Hincapie's Paris Roubaix

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Thanks,

Magilla

-------------
Why did this make me laugh?
Forum: Racing August 25th 09, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 20
David Clinger's New Face

Same thing with Chad Gerlach, who recently relapsed. Well, Gerlach ain't making a good wage and at 36 years
of age, his days on a $12k dreamer team are about over. So he'll be back doing...
Forum: Racing August 4th 09, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 57
LANCE and FRAAM

ilan wrote:
On Aug 3, 10:35 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
" wrote in message

Forum: Racing August 4th 09, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 57
LANCE and FRAAM

Paul B. Anders wrote:
From his twit feed today:

"Maybe I'll do RAAM one of these years. Am I crazy? Anyone know how
many miles a day they avg?"

Brad Anders
----------
No drafting...
Forum: Techniques August 4th 09, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 120
cash for clunker bikes

Why can't there be a cash for clunker bikes?? Can you imagine the
interest in bicycles that would generate if you could get a $450 rebate
on a new bike for your clunker bike.

But no, what we get...
Forum: Racing July 29th 09, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 13
Lance's virtual wins

Using LeMond's virtual win formula, I figure Lance of course has his 7
actual tdf victories, and 3 more virtual tdf wins. The virtual wins
came because of his very good performance this year,...
Forum: Racing July 28th 09, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 22
it's all about the bike

Anyone ever compile a list of which bikes have won the Tour de France in
the last 20 years? I'm guessing Trek has the most wins, am I wrong?
It's all about the bike, the riders are mere...
Forum: Racing July 28th 09, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Contador disses Armstrong

Paul G. wrote:
"My relationship with Lance is non-existent. Even if he is a great
champion, I have never had admiration for him and I never will," the
26-year-old Spaniard told reporters.
Forum: Racing July 27th 09, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Why are French riders so lame?

The French still have currently one rider racing at the top of the game, the
greatest female rider ever in history, not so lame! 50 to boot, beating at
one time or another, everyone in the...
Forum: Racing July 27th 09, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Why are French riders so lame?

French riders use to be the best, now they are non-competitive, why is
this true? I've heard some theories, such as reports from people that
have traveled to France over the last 30 years, and...
Forum: Racing July 25th 09, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Hincapie again

z wrote:
--D-y wrote:
Another lead-out the other teams and riders couldn't beat.

Doing one of the things he does well, and doing it with a "suspected
broken collar bone" or whatever...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 380