Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: johnfoss
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By johnfoss
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

Bondo;1167567 wrote:
I'm sure some areas of the country may not consider their impact on the
trail as much. (Widening trails, double-tracking, shortcuts, deepening
trails, erosion etc) IMBA...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By johnfoss
Inflatable Clown Costume

I don't hate you, but you do stand a chance of getting beat up if you
ride down the street like that... :p

What are your plans for the costume?

--
johnfoss

John Foss
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By johnfoss
difrnce between freestyle, trails and street

Forrest, I think you said Freestyle when you meant Flatland. Freestyle
is "anything goes" and in competition form includes music, costume,
props and entertainment value.

'Read the rules to learn...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 65
Posted By johnfoss
America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

Goats_On_Unicycles;1167300 wrote:
I just have a loathing for big companies and I would be saddened to see
unicycling get caught up in that stuff.

Where does a company cross the line to being...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 65
Posted By johnfoss
America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

hungry4uni;1167185 wrote:
I'm sorry...but no unicycle, no matter how good, can compete with the
Zooperstars. None.

And the judges -loved- those Zooperstars, didn't they? :p They had a
lot of...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By johnfoss
1 foot wheel walk. need tips

1wheelwonder;1166724 wrote:
that was me, I couldn't find another thread...

But you did find another thread; this one! While other newbies and
not-so newbies are polluting the area with duplicate...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By johnfoss
Has anyone ever tried this?

Yes.

Search first.

Read second.

Search some more third.

Post in pre-existing forums fourth.
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By johnfoss
problem with vista dvd burner

It's only complicated when you don't know what's going wrong.
Supposedly. Unfortunately I don't know what's going wrong either so
that's not very helpful. I will comment that the many-versions-old...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By johnfoss
Cal Muni Weekend Pictures + Suspension Uni

I didn't get any videos of those cycles, but I did finally upload my
'MUni Weekend pictures' (http://tinyurl.com/a2s53w), yaay! Lots to look
at in the

'Tandem'...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By johnfoss
Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

natosha;1166572 wrote:
Has anyone experienced a similar "mental block" when learning?

Yes, pretty much everyone I've ever really watched learning to ride. You
are at the cusp. But telling you...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 65
Posted By johnfoss
America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

ThisGuyIKnow;1166536 wrote:
It's that age old divide between sports unicycling and performance
unicycling.

Or to make that even simpler, its that age-old divide between a sports
demonstration...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 65
Posted By johnfoss
America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

beeper;1166485 wrote:
The pogo sticker did not make it through the round because they thought
it was a cool, potentially successful sport, but they were looking for
the next David Blane or...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By johnfoss
Wheel Walk Unicycle. (Home Made)

SamGoodburn;1165666 wrote:
The Wheel Walk Unicycle. (Can you think of a better name as its not
technicly a "cycle")Wheel walk uni. That takes out the "cycle" part if
you don't like it. Or...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By johnfoss
Unicycles on the plane (long instructions)

These weight & size horror stories serve as a good reminder to make sure
you know your airline's rules on luggage *before* you pack. Better yet,
before you buy your tickets because if you're flying...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By johnfoss
DC Uni 2009

siafirede;1164689 wrote:
I have brakes, gears, and handlebars on my uni =]

In 1998 you couldn't buy any of those things and gears were still a ways
off. :)

I like 1, 5 and 6. But on 6, just use...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By johnfoss
Pedals won't stay tight...

First things first: Make sure you're riding with the right pedal on the
right-hand side. If the stickers are wrong, most cranks have an L or R
stamped into them, usually on the inside (facing the...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By johnfoss
Help choosing editing program, Please

Moderator(s), please move this thread over to JC.

Could you describe a bit more about what you mean by "didn't work" and
"not compatible with WMM"? It's very little information to work with,
other...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By johnfoss
listening to iPod whilst riding uni...ear phones jerk out :S

I'm old. My solution used to be a boombox. Same music source could be
used by everybody, but not everybody always wanted to hear the same
thing...

--
johnfoss

John Foss
Email: "jfoss" at...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By johnfoss
unicyclist featured on webcomic

I might have thought the same thing. :)

--
johnfoss

John Foss
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By johnfoss
Giraffe Discussion Thread

Looks like a pretty decent deal, especially if it's brand new. Also
looks like a 6' frame. That is, if you're tall and raise the seat up,
it's probably closer to 6' than 5'. 5' if you're really...
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By johnfoss
Close Call

I hate when that happens. From the video, sounds like you edited out
some colorful language, or at least some horrible sounds of pain!

Not sure if there's a lesson there. Surely a helmet would not...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By johnfoss
Pedal problems!

sigve;1158274 wrote:
As I said earlier, I'm 100% sure I turned the right way!
I would try putting more effort in it, but it just isn't possible.

With all the information you're providing us to...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 45
Posted By johnfoss
Another psi question

hydrophidian;1157263 wrote:
I'm convinced that my pump's built in guage is just horribly off. It's
just a cheap little Wal-Mart pump anyway.

This should be called the "Obsessed with PSI...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By johnfoss
Christmas goodies thread

Santa brought me a new 'Canon G-10'
(http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08091702canon_g10.asp) from Amazon.
Uni-related? It'll replace my old trail cam, the 'Casio...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By johnfoss
Any good?~Advice wanted.

Biggestbtc;1157269 wrote:
What is the weakness of these old Schwinn unis?

Perhaps one of their newer ones.

I'm almost sure that this is a 20"

Schwinn weaknesses:
1. Seat only adjusts...