Showing results 1 to 25 of 342
Search took 0.71 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: danger_uni
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By danger_uni
Bolts for Rollo Disks now available

Yes they have them. There weren't too many shipped to North America on
the first shipment though, so I'm not sure how many are left. More
should be coming around May.

Kris

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By danger_uni
Bolts for Rollo Disks now available

Hey All,

To let you know, longer axle bolts are now available for the Rollo
disks.

For those who didn't follow the original thread, on the first shipment
of Rollo disks we ran into the problem that...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By danger_uni
Titanium Hub?

Good point. The relationship between high-end product and price is
always non-linear.

At least we are not the bike industry. I was looking at an
off-the-shelf $4000 carbon road wheel in a bike...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By danger_uni
Titanium Hub?

Notwithstanding the coolness factor of titanium, the main difference is
weight. You're absolutely right that the major difference to
performance is the rider, not the gear. But that doesn't stop...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By danger_uni
Titanium Hub?

Good point. ISIS was never intended for an aluminum axle.

Weight savings can come from using a bigger hole through the axle (M15
axle bolt instead of an M12 bolt), but I've never offered an M15...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By danger_uni
Titanium Hub?

It's a common misconception that Titanium is "stronger" than steel, but
as mentioned above it depends on how it is measured.

Ti has a stronger strength to weight ratio than steel but a...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By danger_uni
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Hey,

These are all really great ideas and it is cool that some are already
working on it.

Because a uni frame is free to hinge back and forth, we are always
going to be sitting over the balance...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By danger_uni
Anyone know the thread size for the crank bolt on a Koxx1 hub

OneWheelLess;1165753 wrote:
do you know any good sources for a m12x1.0 tap?

Good question; not sure what the answer is. I think they exist
though; a machinist friend of mine has a M10x1.0 tap...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By danger_uni
Anyone know the thread size for the crank bolt on a Koxx1 hub

Hey, by the way- check the thread carefully on the tap. M12 x 1.25 is
very common, but M12 x 1.0 is not. I don't know why the 1.0 size was
chosen; it would have made it a lot easier if the bike...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By danger_uni
Kris Holm Percussion Leg Armor Sizing

Hey,

Size large should work for you. The 2009 leg armor has a 1" wider
wraparound the back, compared to the previous model.

Kris

--
danger_uni
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hey,

It looks to me like that hub had a defective weld.

Joe- thanks for the email. I will set you up with a warranty
replacement on it.

Kris
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By danger_uni
2009 KH Percussion Armor

Re sourcing ethics: I work through a Taiwan-based manufacturer; the
factory is in Shenzen China. As a small company serving a niche market,
I have no initial influence over a factory; what I can do...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By danger_uni
New KH touring handle

The setup can be extended out in front or positioned immediately in
front of the saddle and can be adjusted in height; it's light and simple
and seems to work well. Will post more later but probably...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By danger_uni
2009 KH Percussion Armor

Hi All,

To let you know, 2009 Percussion Armor has just arrived or will be
arriving in the next few weeks in most countries. These are the
improvements since the last batch:

-the leg wrap around...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By danger_uni
New KH touring handle

Butchering sounds interesting - there are a lot of cool handle ideas out
there =).

Hopefully some new stuff from KHU in this regard will happen around mid
Spring'09.

Kris

--
Forum: Unicycling December 20th 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20

Ben Meighen;1147314 wrote:
I have a good feeling there is a KH touring handlebar coming very soon.
The 36 is still fresh, so he would still be working on getting all the
accessories needed for...
Forum: Unicycling December 20th 08, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By danger_uni
Evolution of Balance Award 2009

Sure you can! =).

Seriously: if you know people who aren't on the newsgroup but who would
be interested in applying, please forward the link. Last year I had
incredible response from interested...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By danger_uni
Evolution of Balance Award 2009

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce the second annual Evolution of Balance Award!

For those of you not familiar with it, this grant is awarded to a team
proposing a difficult, creative, and remote...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By danger_uni
Steve Colligan and Pedro Tejada on Brazilian Go Outside

Way to go Pedro! That is really awesome.

It seems like there's quite a bit of growth in unicycling in South
America right now.

Kris

--
danger_uni
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Good point. None of the prototypes have broken in about 6 months of
testing, and it is machined one piece. However, nothing is
indestructible!

Kris

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By danger_uni
Knee surgery from CMW

By the way, good luck with your surgery tomorrow!

Hope it goes well.

Kris

--
danger_uni
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've used all the different colors of Magura pads, and clear plasmatic
pads. In good conditions I've really not noticed a huge difference;
perhaps the plasmatic pads did provide a bit more braking...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By danger_uni
Read if you have Rollo Disks

The shelf that the bolt face sits on is not actually that thin at about
4.5 mm - enough that it should be more than strong enough for the
appropriate axle bolt torque. The disk contains an insert...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By danger_uni
Read if you have Rollo Disks

Hi All,

Extra-long axle bolts have been ordered in Taiwan at 25 mm length (the
current axle bolts are 18 mm).

As soon as their made, I'll air-ship bolts to all the importers who
currently have...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 64
Posted By danger_uni
New Fall'08 KH products available

UDC has already taken photos; should be up soon.

Kris

--
danger_uni
danger_uni's Profile:...