Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: O-V R:nen
Forum: Techniques November 29th 06, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By O-V R:nen
Can I use a triple Front Der with 53, 42, 30?

"Barbara L" writes:

I want to change the 52,42,30 chainrings I have to a 53,42,30. This is a
older bike I use indoors on a trainer with a 12-23 on the rear. It has
Forum: Techniques November 29th 06, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By O-V R:nen
Can I use a triple Front Der with 53, 42, 30?

"Bill Sornson" writes:
O-V R:nen wrote:

Whereas Campagnolo's lawyers are too busy protecting us from
ACCIDENTs, PERSONAL INJURY or DEATH...

Why did you trim the OP's typo...
Forum: Techniques November 28th 06, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By O-V R:nen
Can I use a triple Front Der with 53, 42, 30?

"Bill Sornson" writes:

Big S has lawyers that will eat you alive. Stick to sticking it to Campy.

Whereas Campagnolo's lawyers are too busy protecting us from
ACCIDENTs, PERSONAL...
Forum: Techniques November 23rd 06, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By O-V R:nen
De Rosa bottom bracket threads

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" writes:
O-V R:nen wrote:

Don't forget that the "right"-handed BB fixed cup thread means it may
unscrew in use with traditional BBs unless...
Forum: Techniques November 22nd 06, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By O-V R:nen
De Rosa bottom bracket threads

"* * Chas" writes:

Not wanting to start a confrontation, just curious but why do you
consider Italian threads superior?

Don't forget that the "right"-handed BB...
Forum: Techniques November 10th 06, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 186
Posted By O-V R:nen
tire pressure does not significantly affect rolling resistance.

Antti Salonen writes:
O-V R:nen wrote:

- latex (80 g) 23.9 W
- polyurethane (60 g) 25.1 W
- butyl (50 g)...
Forum: Techniques November 10th 06, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 186
Posted By O-V R:nen
tire pressure does not significantly affect rolling resistance.

writes:

But ISTM that one can be skeptical about those judgements, yet not toss
out other data resulting from measurements made with decent technique.

As it happens, this...
Forum: Techniques November 6th 06, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By O-V R:nen
9 speed vs. ten speed Campy

Solvang Cyclist writes:

I have a friend that wants to upgrade his girlfriend's all Shimano bike to
Campy. It's currently a 9-speed triple. The first thing he wants to...
Forum: Techniques September 2nd 06, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By O-V R:nen
Source for smaller tire repair patches?

"MykalCrooks" writes:

BTW, I just measured with a metric scale the Rema patches that I recieved
and that were listed as being "20 mm round."

The actual diameter...
Forum: Techniques August 30th 06, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By O-V R:nen
What difference would a 115g saving in tyre weight make?

writes:

Now tape a pair of 60 gram weights to opposite spokes and spin it up
again. Joe Riel has pointed out that modern pennies (post 1982) are
about 2.5 grams, so 24...
Forum: Techniques August 12th 06, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By O-V R:nen
Stainless steel track frame?

jim beam writes:

why is some [with respect to their enthusiasm and historical efforts]
random, non-tech author of a web site authoritative, but a frame
manufacturer is...
Forum: Techniques August 12th 06, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By O-V R:nen
Vegetable oil for your chain - WHY NOT?

"Marcin J." writes:

Thus I suggest searching for an oil with
the smallest content of C=C bounds. A book of organic chemistry I have
mentions two candidates: oil from palm...
Forum: Techniques July 18th 06, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By O-V R:nen
Breaking 9 Speed Campy Chain

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" writes:

C9 chains were some of the last designed to have the pin pushed out and
then same pin pushed back in...BUT I would use and carry a Sram...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13