Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Wayne[_4_]
Forum: Techniques June 11th 12, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 54
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
How's Jobst Doing?

On Jun 11, 2:35*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On Jun 11, 5:07*am, "Tom $herman (-_-)" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

Forum: Techniques May 22nd 12, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Bicycle Infrastructure and Safety: Death in PDX

A cyclist should avoid trucks' blind spots like the plague. That said
it seems obvious to me that ANY vehicle turning from the wrong lane
and /or not looking before doing so to insure it is not...
Forum: Techniques May 17th 12, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Chris Horner mini-pump

On May 17, 10:03*am, "Bertrand"
wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/pro-bike-chris-horners
-trek-madone-6-9-ssl/222553

Forum: Techniques February 24th 12, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
equality before the law

On Feb 22, 4:56*pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Feb 22, 2:45*pm, AMuzi wrote:

Forum: Techniques November 22nd 11, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Spoke Wind up on front disk brake - ultimate test?

Lots of good points have been made. To me the whole attempt makes two
points:

- The current attempt is driven by marketing by Wiggle. This provides
huge support, follow cars etc. and requires use...
Forum: Techniques November 21st 11, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Spoke Wind up on front disk brake - ultimate test?

I fall into the camp feeling that "fast" equipment losing many more
races than "fast" equipment wins. I am not sure how a point to point
road ride will be less stressful than a velodrome or time...
Forum: Techniques November 21st 11, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Spoke Wind up on front disk brake - ultimate test?

Wiggle, the British retailer is sponsoring a male tandem team
attempting to break a series of long standing endurance road records.
The tandem is custom made by Dolan and has Magura hydraulic...
Forum: Techniques June 12th 11, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
10 speed shimano Road Cassette compatible with Dyna-Sys ?

Back to the original question.....
Has anyone actually tried a road cassette on a Shimano 10 speed
mountain group?

Wayne
Forum: Techniques April 29th 11, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Shimano Di series question?

On Apr 27, 2:37*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Apr 27, 11:29*am, TheCoz wrote:

Have there ever been a Di-1 series, or has it always been Di-2?
Forum: Techniques March 11th 11, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Front Derailleur Clamp Overtightened

On Mar 10, 6:46*pm, AMuzi wrote:
As I wrote earlier, it may well be simply paint deformation
and we still don't know the material. With 1.6mm mild steel
tube you can...
Forum: Techniques March 10th 11, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Front Derailleur Clamp Overtightened

Just bought a used steel frame with slight indentation on seat tube
resulting from prior owner overtightening the front derailleur clamp.
The tube has an indentation about .5-1.0 mm deep all around...
Forum: Techniques March 4th 10, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Bike Brand In The News

On Mar 4, 11:55*am, Dan O wrote:
On Mar 4, 5:50*am, N8N wrote:

On Mar 4, 2:40*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

Forum: Techniques February 8th 10, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Qatar - Broke a "bomb-proof" wheel

VeloNews 2010-02-08:

"The young Phinney’s verdict on his first experience in the pro
peloton was: “Broke a spoke in the most crucial part of the race but
fought back to a big group … and managed to...
Forum: Techniques November 30th 09, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Shiftmate - Jtek available on ebay

Jtek's Shiftmate is available on ebay from seller bikesportstuff. I
have ordered a shiftmate and service is great. The seller is actually
Jtek Engineering.
Forum: Techniques October 19th 09, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Wider Rims for Roadies ?

Chalo wrote:

The 24mm wide, 32mm tall Velocity Chukker should be just the thing for
OCD types whose cause du jour happens to be tire aerodynamics.
"Without added strength"? *Yeah,...
Forum: Techniques July 30th 09, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Wayne[_4_]
Archive searching issue

I am getting only recent results on searches. No older posts.

Anyone else with similar problem?
Suggestions on other ways to access archives?
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16