Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Theo Bekkers
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 28th 08, 11:59 PM Posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo Bekkers
Horn Blowing = Lion's Roar?

Moike wrote:

Dunno, but I recently acquired an old one that sounds a bit like a
tram bell. None of your ****y "tink tink" or "brring brring" My
bike says "Clang Clang".

I've got one that...
Forum: Australia April 28th 08, 11:59 PM Posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
Replies: 17
Posted By Theo Bekkers
Horn Blowing = Lion's Roar?

Moike wrote:

Dunno, but I recently acquired an old one that sounds a bit like a
tram bell. None of your ****y "tink tink" or "brring brring" My
bike says "Clang Clang".

I've got one that...
Forum: Australia April 28th 08, 04:35 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Theo Bekkers
$$$ on line hero $$$

wrote:
On Apr 27, 5:13 pm, wrote:
you see on line hero!!! you see this web you win!!!!! new modal
TATA car.

This must be some kind of...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 23rd 08, 02:38 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 192
Posted By Theo Bekkers
Where the cyclists in America belong: back alleys, gutters and sidewalks

Gunner Asch wrote:

Shrug..ask the Italians. They pioneered the moped as I recall.

Ahh, mon ami, it was le Frogs with the Veelosolex, then the German DKW team
improved and popularised it. The...
Forum: Australia April 23rd 08, 02:38 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 189

Gunner Asch wrote:

Shrug..ask the Italians. They pioneered the moped as I recall.

Ahh, mon ami, it was le Frogs with the Veelosolex, then the German DKW team
improved and popularised it. The...
Forum: Australia April 17th 08, 03:10 AM Posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Replies: 63
Posted By Theo Bekkers
Unaugural 2008: Some bad news, a roll call, and a vote

wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote:

Bloody global warming!

La Niña more likely, but I suspect you knew that.

What opera does she sing in?

Theo
Forum: Australia April 17th 08, 12:11 AM Posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Replies: 63
Posted By Theo Bekkers
Unaugural 2008: Some bad news, a roll call, and a vote

BT Humble wrote:
The bad news:
In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
That means that we...
Forum: Australia April 14th 08, 12:08 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Theo Bekkers
PeterSig - Generator lights -- Thank you!!

Patrick Keogh wrote:
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Note that you will be up for the cost of spokes too. So ring your
LBS and say "How much to build this hub into my wheel then?"

I'd say...
Forum: Australia April 11th 08, 04:28 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 19
Posted By Theo Bekkers
Super cheap roadie

Claude wrote:

Yeah all of that's probably true and can explain to a large extent
why bikes are cheaper in the US than they are here. But in general
good bikes are still more expensive in the...
Forum: Australia April 11th 08, 04:24 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 50
Posted By Theo Bekkers
9000 bike riders fined for breaking road rules

Terryc wrote:
TimC wrote:

Most sysadmins are.

But, sadly, a neccessary evil.

Stuff doesn't work without some management. If you get rid of your accounts
dept, (you know, those people...
Forum: Australia April 10th 08, 11:14 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 50
Posted By Theo Bekkers
9000 bike riders fined for breaking road rules

TimC wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote

I thought you were calling me a ******. :-)

Most sysadmins are.

Now that's just too much. I will not be called a sysadmin. :-)

Theo
Forum: Australia April 10th 08, 07:08 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 50
Posted By Theo Bekkers
9000 bike riders fined for breaking road rules

wrote:
On Apr 10, 3:13 pm, "Theo Bekkers" wrote:
wrote:
How would he unmount the disk first though? I'm going to...
Forum: Australia April 10th 08, 06:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 50
Posted By Theo Bekkers
9000 bike riders fined for breaking road rules

wrote:

How would he unmount the disk first though? I'm going to assume that
Theo normally comes up in single user mode.

"comes up in single user mode"

?? What are you...
Forum: Australia April 10th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 19
Posted By Theo Bekkers
Lights Camera Action!

TimC wrote:
lemmiwinkswrote

The SLA battery it comes with will probably be heavy rubbish, but
replacement NiMh 12V cordless drill batteries and chargers are so
cheap I'm not really...
Forum: Australia April 10th 08, 12:45 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 50
Posted By Theo Bekkers
9000 bike riders fined for breaking road rules

Claude wrote:
"Theo Bekkers wrote

I think I'm losing my mind. I felt sure there were trams when I was
in Brisbane in 74-5. I'v only been there the once.

Trams were eliminated in Brisbane...
Forum: Australia April 9th 08, 11:18 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 50
Posted By Theo Bekkers
9000 bike riders fined for breaking road rules

Skewer wrote:
Duncan wrote:
There are 6 recorded for overtaking a tram at 10km/h.. does that
count?

What puzzles me is that the last QLD tram ran on April 1969.
So how did 6...
Forum: Australia April 7th 08, 04:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Theo Bekkers
Farewell to an old friend

Brian Watson wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote:

Who kows? Would he have been doing such a risky thing if he didn't
have a helmet to rely on?

No, I probably wouldn't have.

Then was it your...
Forum: Australia April 7th 08, 12:12 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Theo Bekkers
Farewell to an old friend

Davo wrote:
PeteSig wrote:

You are very lucky! The helemt failed and you could have suffered
serious injury if your speed had been a bit higher.
Forum: Australia April 7th 08, 12:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Theo Bekkers
someone is

wrote:
On Apr 5, 12:48?pm, wrote:
someone is calling 20 times a day
from this # +61897342316 and
this # +616045507000

Hey, they're my...
Forum: Australia April 4th 08, 12:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Theo Bekkers
Was anyone looking for bulk tube patches?

BT Humble wrote:
I just bought a box of these 20mm ones, they look reasonable:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ7180340QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They come with a decent-sized tube...
Forum: Australia April 2nd 08, 11:17 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Theo Bekkers
left knee pain

Bean Long wrote:
Peter wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
Tight ITB?

Tight what?

IlioTibial Band

(http://www.itbs.info/)
Forum: Australia April 2nd 08, 11:16 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 50
Posted By Theo Bekkers
9000 bike riders fined for breaking road rules

Peter Cremasco wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote:
Peter Cremasco wrote:

It does seem a bit high, but then again I'd be tempted to use those
figures to support the case against registration of...
Forum: Australia April 1st 08, 10:22 PM Posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By Theo Bekkers
2008 Unaugural - 4 week warning!

bikerbetty wrote:

Glad I don't know what a Stones Bomb is - sounds awful! - and looks
bloody dangerous......

I like stones bombs at rallys, they add ambience.

Theo
Forum: Australia April 1st 08, 12:12 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 50
Posted By Theo Bekkers
9000 bike riders fined for breaking road rules

Peter Cremasco wrote:
Duncan wrote:
snip

per.
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/services/reportsPublications/statisticalReview/0607/default.htm

in 06/07, Qld traffic offences...
Forum: Australia March 25th 08, 10:13 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Theo Bekkers
tights

John Tserkezis wrote:
waratah wrote:

A lot of cyclists seem to wear them, should I?

Depends on whether or not you like a chaffed bum after spending two
straight hours in the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500