Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Keiron Kinninmont
Forum: Techniques January 1st 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Keiron Kinninmont
Braking on Steel rims

Greets,

Whats the best pad compound for use with steel rims? Will dual compound or
ceramic pads offer an advantage over 'standard' without crippling/vastly
wearing the rim?

Thanks
Forum: Techniques December 22nd 06, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Keiron Kinninmont
Rechargable Cells/batteries for Lights

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
Supposedly, Lithium cells thrive in cold. I don't know about the
rechargeables.

If anyone knows...
Forum: Techniques December 22nd 06, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Keiron Kinninmont
Rechargable Cells/batteries for Lights

Hi,

Currently using a rather bog-standard cateye front light for commuting. It
requires two C/R14/Baby size cells. I'm currently usinf NiMh 2300mAh cells.
Despite the claims of global warming, the...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 06, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 83
Posted By Keiron Kinninmont
disc brake fundamentals please

Many Thanks to all for your replies, it's becoming much clearer.
In addition, what are peoples views on the Avid Mechanical discs? Despite
hearing that they have only one actuated, which i suppose is...
Forum: Techniques December 15th 06, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 83
Posted By Keiron Kinninmont
disc brake fundamentals please

Hi,

Need to know the basics disc brakes.

Firstly, can anyone explain and show me the difference between IS mount and
post mount, google not being so helpful when you have no idea what...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5