Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.94 seconds.
Forum: Techniques January 14th 19, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 176
Posted By [email protected]
What is the point of tubeless tires?

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 2:28:05 PM UTC-5, Ralph Barone wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 7:35:05 AM UTC-5, Tosspot wrote:
On 1/12/19 6:46 PM,...
Forum: Techniques January 13th 19, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 176
Posted By [email protected]
What is the point of tubeless tires?

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 7:35:05 AM UTC-5, Tosspot wrote:
On 1/12/19 6:46 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/12/2019 12:11 AM, wrote:
Seriously, what is the point...
Forum: Techniques January 12th 19, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 176
Posted By [email protected]
What is the point of tubeless tires?

Seriously, what is the point of these things? What problem do they solve and is it worth the extra maintenance hassles for non-racing riders?
Forum: Techniques January 12th 19, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
how wide tires can one put on a 622x15C rim?

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 1:10:14 PM UTC-4, Emanuel Berg wrote:
How wide tires can one put on a 622x15C rim?
Currently those on are the accursed 23-622
or 700x23C.

TIA

Forum: Techniques November 17th 07, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Sturdy rack and panniers for off-road

If you've ever gone touring in Germany, you know that the whole
country is criss-crossed with tiny dirty roads and trails, perfect for
exploring on a bicycle. And if one plans to tour further...
Forum: Techniques November 14th 07, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By [email protected]
Crappy Shimano shoes

On Nov 13, 6:47 am, Pikachu wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
Many years ago, I purchased a...
Forum: Techniques November 12th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By [email protected]
Crappy Shimano shoes

On Nov 12, 6:51 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
wrote:
Many years ago, I purchased a pair of Shimano touring shoes: lace-ups
with a single velcro strap. I...
Forum: Techniques November 12th 07, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By [email protected]
Crappy Shimano shoes

On Nov 12, 7:16 pm, "
wrote:
I think this is yet another example of manufacturers saving money by
catering to a specific type of user. ...
Forum: Techniques November 12th 07, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By [email protected]
Crappy Shimano shoes

Many years ago, I purchased a pair of Shimano touring shoes: lace-ups
with a single velcro strap. I was extremely satisfied with these
shoes--they were comfortable, durable, versatile and also...
Forum: Techniques November 1st 07, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 85
Posted By [email protected]
Mount front brakes on rear?

On Nov 1, 5:19 am, jim beam wrote:
A Muzi wrote:
wrote:
Nashbar has a good deal on ultegra brake calipers; I mounted
Forum: Techniques October 31st 07, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
XT hub : to service or not ?

On Oct 31, 11:01 am, "news.virgin.net" wrote:
Hi,
I bought a wheel for my tourer with an XT hub after trashing many wheels
over the years and it's been wonderfull. The...
Forum: Techniques October 31st 07, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
time trial measurements for 55cm bike

On Oct 31, 6:07 am, wrote:
I have a Giant ocr1 55.5cm mens bike.
I here that the frame is a day riders frame, not for racing and not
much aerodynamics, and geomeraty is setup...
Forum: Techniques October 30th 07, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 183
Posted By [email protected]
Gyroscopic forces revisited

On Oct 23, 7:54 pm, wrote:
Joseph Santaniello writes:
A while ago there was a thread discussing no-handed riding and the
role gyroscopic forces play in bike...
Forum: Techniques October 29th 07, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
Flat bar conversion questions

On Oct 22, 12:27 am, "Mike Blake" wrote:
I have a Specialize Allez Sport (2002 vintage I think that I would like to
convert from drop bars to a flat bar configuration. Our...
Forum: Techniques October 29th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
Flat bar conversion questions

On Oct 22, 12:27 am, "Mike Blake" wrote:
I have a Specialize Allez Sport (2002 vintage I think that I would like to
convert from drop bars to a flat bar configuration. Our...
Forum: Techniques October 29th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 85
Posted By [email protected]
Mount front brakes on rear?

On Oct 28, 6:48 pm, wrote:
Nashbar has a good deal on ultegra brake calipers; I mounted them on
my front wheel. My rear caliper is kinda corroded, and I was
considering...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 07, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Climbing gears

On Oct 14, 4:48 pm, "graham" wrote:
Just starting to plan for doing the La Marmotte in France next year - 174km
taking in the col du Glandon, col du Galiber and...
Forum: Techniques October 15th 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Clinchers and Cyclocross

On Oct 13, 4:48 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Jobst got me to thinking about CX tires, typically run at low pressure,
in another thread, and I decided to start a new line of...
Forum: General September 20th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Kevlar bike tires not bullet proof

On Sep 18, 5:35 am, " wrote:
On Sep 15, 6:39 pm, Jorg Lueke wrote:

After my stock Bontrager select tires started to wear out...
Forum: General September 20th 07, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Gearing on MTB not tall enough, what to replace?

On Sep 18, 11:11 am, "peter" wrote:
I found the tallest gearing on my MTB not tall enough, both on road and on a
bike trainer. On the trainer, it feels like biking on a flat...
Forum: General September 20th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Sidewalk bicycling?

On Sep 14, 11:22 am, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:
wrote: (clip) If we can share the road with cars,

why can't we share sidewalks with...
Forum: Techniques September 20th 07, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 120
Posted By [email protected]
Speed record

On 2007-09-20, Michael Press wrote:
[...]

I do not know what you are getting at.

Who can pedal a standard...
Forum: Techniques September 19th 07, 10:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
I don't know what to call this.

On Sep 19, 2:09 am, wrote:
Petey Mills writes:
http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php/photo/124931/size/big/cat/594
I'm sorry, I just had to show this to...
Forum: Techniques September 19th 07, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 120
Posted By [email protected]
Speed record

On Sep 19, 8:03 am, wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:48:16 -0600, wrote:
On 19 Sep 2007 05:31:56 GMT, wrote:

Carl...
Forum: Techniques September 19th 07, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 120
Posted By [email protected]
Speed record

On Sep 17, 8:35 am, wrote:
Barry who? writes:
Speed was limited by Howard's ability to spin the gear used on his
bicycle (chosen for a specific max speed...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50