Showing results 1 to 25 of 440
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: kerosian
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By kerosian
Shorter Cranks effect still standing?

agentQ;1134239 wrote:
Both one footed and standstills are not only awesome, but two of the
best skills to practice if you want to increase your balance and overall
riding ability.

Keep...
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By kerosian
Shorter Cranks effect still standing?

uniaddict;1134142 wrote:
How do you do long stilstands? I still can't.:mad:

Learning stillstands is a long process, eventually it will sort of
click though. The way I learned was by trying to...
Forum: Unicycling June 27th 08, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By kerosian
Unicon 2010 - I got suggestions, and questions...

I still cringe when I hear or read the word "vegemite". That's what it
tastes like, horror. :eek:

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Ra

DustinSchaap wrote:
Forum: Unicycling June 27th 08, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By kerosian
Where do you put your feet?

I like the center of my feet, if I use the balls of my feet I feel like
I'll fall off.

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Ra

DustinSchaap wrote:
Forum: Unicycling June 22nd 08, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By kerosian
hi....

shhhh they don't know about usenet ;)

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Ra

DustinSchaap wrote:
why would you kill the 5 yr olds? there's so much more fun things you
Forum: Unicycling June 22nd 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By kerosian
hi....

Seager wrote:
Just so I'm clear, this is the guy who invented the Profile uni hub,
right?

Yes, David also got Rick Hunter to start making frames, basically, the
profile hub brought splined...
Forum: Unicycling June 21st 08, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By kerosian
The Triton's competition

It's similiar to welding aluminum, not nearly as hard as Ti

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Ra

DustinSchaap wrote:
why would you kill the 5 yr olds? there's so much more fun things you
Forum: Unicycling June 21st 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By kerosian
The Triton's competition

I want a magnesium frame, hopefully a shin friendly one and for a 36"
wheel. Would be fricking sick.

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Ra

DustinSchaap wrote:
Forum: Unicycling June 18th 08, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 190
Posted By kerosian
MUni discussion thread

isaac steiner wrote:
So, i've noticed that the Duro tire isn't actually seem that much wider
than my Luna, is this maybe because the Luna is on a 47mm rim and and
Duro is on a 42mm rim? It...
Forum: Unicycling June 18th 08, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 840
Posted By kerosian
Post Your Unis Here!

sp4rky-m4rky wrote:
Maybe so it doesnt fill up with crap?

You know, I've rode through six inches of mud before, and after a
little water from the hose, no mud or anything is in the holes....
Forum: Unicycling June 16th 08, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By kerosian
Wow I'm in another magazine, but had no idea!

MuniAddict wrote:
And porn movie with unicycles? what would it be called, "unisex"?
:D:p:rolleyes: (Uh oh...here comes officer "Loomis" again!)

It'd be called "Level Eleven" ;) :D

--...
Forum: Unicycling June 15th 08, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By kerosian
custom frame ideas (exotic materials!)

GizmoDuck wrote:
Bamboo.

Cheap, light, and recyclable

It can be done, we have the technology.

--
Forum: Unicycling June 15th 08, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By kerosian
custom frame ideas (exotic materials!)

actually, bamboo is doable, it's very strong and very light. I believe
you could ask 'Calfee Design' (http://www.calfeedesign.com/) about
making one (They did do a carbon fiber frame for Scot...
Forum: Unicycling June 14th 08, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By kerosian
custom frame ideas (exotic materials!)

sxbud138 wrote:
True, i was thinking of les prob of a fire and its probley easier to
find mag tubing than a block of mag for holders ? BUT im not sure !

I can find mag round stock pretty...
Forum: Unicycling June 14th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By kerosian
custom frame ideas (exotic materials!)

sxbud138 wrote:
If you only need the bearing holders machined why not make them out of
aluminum and do some kind of a press fit into the forks

Press fit is ugly, and I'd rather have the whole...
Forum: Unicycling June 14th 08, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By kerosian
custom frame ideas (exotic materials!)

It wouldn't be too bad though, I'd just go slow and hope for the best.

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Ra

DustinSchaap wrote:
why would you kill the 5 yr olds? there's so much more fun things you
Forum: Unicycling June 14th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By kerosian
custom frame ideas (exotic materials!)

Tyler_N wrote:
that would be sick to male a mold of a frame and fill it with water and
freeze it to have an iceunicycle

What'd be the point? It'd be heavy, brittle, and it'd melt real...
Forum: Unicycling June 14th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By kerosian
custom frame ideas (exotic materials!)

sxbud138 wrote:
Ya that would explain its cost ! So its never been made into a uni frame
?

Not yet, but I can dream :rolleyes: If I could find the right tubing
I'd have one built. Machining...
Forum: Unicycling June 14th 08, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By kerosian
custom frame ideas (exotic materials!)

I've seen it welded before, the only things that catch fire are mag
shavings and powder, the solid material is extremely hard to ignite
because it dissapates heat too quickly. Machining it is a...
Forum: Unicycling June 14th 08, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By kerosian
custom frame ideas (exotic materials!)

sxbud138 wrote:
does anyone sell Ti frames and if so howmuch does one cost ? and what
are the biggest bennifits from a Ti frame.

Triton bikes did, for around $500, but I think they are now...
Forum: Unicycling June 14th 08, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By kerosian
custom frame ideas (exotic materials!)

a ti XTP frame would be heavier than an aluminum one! Unless you used
real thin tubing and machined more off of the crown. Titanium is more
dense than aluminum, so to achieve lightweight properties...
Forum: Unicycling June 14th 08, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By kerosian
custom frame ideas (exotic materials!)

There was talk of carbon fiber frames in the past, and lately I've been
wondering, what would the perfect material be for the lightest,
strongest uni frames? I've been thinking of a magnesium frame,...
Forum: Unicycling June 11th 08, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By kerosian
MUni discussion thread

yeah Isaac, it's just the cable length that's different. Unless you're
real tall (which you aren't) a front brake will work perfect. Just wrap
the excess around the seat tube. Also, welcome to MUni....
Forum: Unicycling May 31st 08, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By kerosian
Monty Eagle Claw Vs. Try-All Sticky

MEC or Try All, you'll be happy with either. The MEC gets my vote
though, but I don't ride much street, I ride trials. (and MUni, but
thats on a different wheel.) The MEC is cheaper (at $45) than...
Forum: Unicycling May 31st 08, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By kerosian
Shoe Lifespan

after the shoe falls apart, just use the sole on your next shoe. 5.10
rubber is awesome.

--
kerosian

Unicycle for Ra