Showing results 1 to 25 of 216
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Victor Kan
Forum: Racing September 7th 11, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 23
Posted By Victor Kan
No discussion of RadioShack/Leopard-Trek merger rumor?

I'm suspicious of Quick Step. Their focus is not what he does well.
And I don't see where beefing up their lineup for 'training race'
stage races is an asset for them.

Maybe they want Levi for...
Forum: Racing August 26th 11, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Victor Kan
Did Liquidas screw up the finish? (Vuelta)

On Aug 26, 12:44*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" ...
. But for all I know maybe that's what happened and Nibali
simply had nothing left in the tank. The video quality wasn't good
enough to really tell...
Forum: Racing August 19th 11, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Victor Kan
Long layback seatpin Fore/aft position on saddle when climbing.

On Aug 18, 8:58*am, thirty-six wrote:
Someone point me in the direction of a cheap long layback seatpin,
please.

Velo...
Forum: Techniques August 19th 11, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Victor Kan
Long layback seatpin Fore/aft position on saddle when climbing.

On Aug 18, 8:58*am, thirty-six wrote:
Someone point me in the direction of a cheap long layback seatpin,
please.

Velo...
Forum: Racing July 29th 11, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Victor Kan
Unbelievable

On Jul 28, 7:40*am, "William R. Mattil"
wrote:
Alberto Contador is now blaming his team on his failure to win the double..

I suppose you could read it that way (and...
Forum: Racing July 28th 11, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Victor Kan
So much for Michael Ball's empire

Looks like Rock Racing lives on though:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rock-racing-here-to-stay
Forum: Racing July 25th 11, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Victor Kan
Market value of Cervelo & BMC

On Jul 25, 1:07*am, Randall wrote:
Does anyone have any idea of what Cervelo or BMC is worth...? It's
hard to tell because these are private companies. But I still...
Forum: Racing July 22nd 11, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 18
Posted By Victor Kan
Besides Lemonds ITT to beat Fignon isn't it bad form to race onthe final day ?

On Jul 21, 7:54*pm, Jimmy July wrote:
On 7/21/2011 9:54 AM, Choppy Warburton wrote:

But with a scenario of 6 guys within 20-30 seconds of each other for
first would the...
Forum: Racing July 20th 11, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Victor Kan
Photo of Cavendish getting towed in Tour de France

"Jonathan Vaughters and the boys chow down on some Chipotle burritos."

Hmm. *Why would they mention the burrito brand name?
Of course it's fascinating. *It's product placement. *Expect more...
Forum: Racing July 20th 11, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Victor Kan
Does parity in this years tour indicate a clean Tour de France ?

On Jul 19, 11:50*am, Choppy Warburton
wrote:
Or just the widespread well publicized use of the now known Armstrong
doping protocol ?

FWIW, Vaughters says the data...
Forum: Racing July 8th 11, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By Victor Kan
Serious question about a 'private' cycling club - closed routes

On Jul 7, 4:57*pm, Choppy Warburton wrote:
A wealthy friend of mine that is nervous about cycling in traffic
thinks that he wants to buy some land and pave cycling...
Forum: Techniques July 8th 11, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By Victor Kan
Serious question about a 'private' cycling club - closed routes

On Jul 7, 4:57*pm, Choppy Warburton wrote:
A wealthy friend of mine that is nervous about cycling in traffic
thinks that he wants to buy some land and pave cycling...
Forum: Racing July 1st 11, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Victor Kan
TdF starts Saturday

On Jun 29, 12:16*pm, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
Leipheimer, L * * *65.0
Nibali, V * * * * *65.0

I wonder how Levi feels about about being given the same odds...
Forum: Racing July 1st 11, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Victor Kan
TdF starts Saturday

On Jun 29, 12:16*pm, Fred Flintstein
Nibali, V * * * * *65.0

Wow, they're giving odds on a guy who's not even entered?

Leipheimer, L 65.0

Or...
Forum: Racing June 24th 11, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By Victor Kan
Spanish court overturns Heras' suspension - the courts are candy-ass

On Jun 24, 11:08*am, ilan wrote:
That also sends a clear signal to the Armstrong investigators, in case
they are considering using the tainted 1999 AFLD samples.

So even...
Forum: Racing June 13th 11, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Victor Kan
Andy in Chains

On Jun 12, 9:23*pm, Scott wrote:
I keep imagining a Python-esque skit: *SRAM, SRAM, SRAM, SRAM...

Except that Schleck and Leopard-Trek are on Shimano this...
Forum: Racing May 22nd 11, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Victor Kan
The Giro sucks without Chris Horner - he is the only cyclist inthe world that could counter Contrador.

On May 22, 6:46*am, Simply Fred wrote:
Horner and Leipheimer looked good yesterday but I wonder how many other
riders were peaking this early if their main aim is the...
Forum: Racing May 11th 11, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By Victor Kan
Who can do the math on this ? Wouter

On May 10, 7:41*pm, ilan wrote:
Voight had almost as bad an accident in the 2009 Tour without hitting
anything in particular.

Voigt fell to the side and slid a long way, so...
Forum: Racing April 26th 11, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Victor Kan
radio karma for Gilbert?

April 2011:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/future-uncertain-for-omega-pharma-lotto-and-gilbert-despite-liege-win

“I panicked a little because I was completely isolated. I was mad at
my teammates...
Forum: Racing April 26th 11, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By Victor Kan
GILBERT - SCHLECK - SCHLECK

On Apr 25, 2:22*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
Day after day, Andy has shown he can be there, he can avoid
the big mistakes. But he's not going to do anything...
Forum: Racing March 25th 11, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Victor Kan
Interesting article studying race radio

On Mar 25, 12:13*am, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
Yes. I've never accepted that radios = more information.
Radios = faster transmission, which is not the same...
Forum: Racing March 23rd 11, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Victor Kan
Milan San-Remo

On Mar 19, 6:56*pm, Randall wrote:

I watched very last part of the race. Just wish I could have watched
more of it.

Universal Sports, available as a secondary...
Forum: Racing August 11th 10, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24
Posted By Victor Kan
Is Chris Horner the next George Blanda?

On Aug 11, 4:18*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
"Hopefully, I've earned a position on the team to be riding the Tour as one
of the favorites, and I'll be a guy who's...
Forum: Racing July 30th 10, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By Victor Kan
Andy's chain incident- am I seeing it right?

On Jul 29, 10:47*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
When Andy dumped his chain, why didn't he shift it back onto the chainring?

He did try that, but it didn't work. From the...
Forum: Racing July 30th 10, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Victor Kan
Contador and Riis

On Jul 29, 7:55*pm, RicodJour wrote:
I love Jens, but he'll do nothing at all next year. *He's on record as
saying the only reason he came back was due to that horrific...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 216