Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.90 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: saskatchewanian
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By saskatchewanian
Buying that first 36er

feel the light;1171070 wrote:
If you ask UDC they might let you swap out the cranks for a pair of dual
hole moments. They are very convenient and popular, and will also save
you the cost of...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By saskatchewanian
Buying that first 36er

I made a really long post comparing the available 36ers in 'this'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74633) thread.

I am not the biggest fan of the T7 but it is way better than no...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By saskatchewanian
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Klaas Bil;1170555 wrote:
Just thinking: would there be merit in having two seats at the same
time? A bike seat in the rear and a unicycle seat in the usual location?
And then some short...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By saskatchewanian
need hill climbing advice

scott ttocs;1170437 wrote:
Velcro pedals! Yeah!

That sounds like fun. Has anyone tried it? Industrial velco has a
strong grip, so one could use little patches to get the desired
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By saskatchewanian
KH SYM cranks snag pants

Put your pants in your socks.

--
saskatchewanian
saskatchewanian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14180

:eek:

I don't know what to say other than I hope you have better luck getting
this one out.

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By saskatchewanian
Too many flats... here's one solution.

Ever thought of going tubeless?

--
saskatchewanian
saskatchewanian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14180
View...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By saskatchewanian
Titanium Hub?

I wish I had my old text books handy with all the properties of common
metals and alloys but I seem to remember carbon steel and titanium
having similar strength but titanium weighing about 60% as...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By saskatchewanian
newbie advice

The comfiest seat off the shelf right now is probably the KH Fusion
Freeride but I prefer something like the Nimbus Hightop with about half
the foam removed and custom shaped to fit me.

To avoid...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By saskatchewanian
Crotch Protection

Bike shorts of compression shorts would help. Modify your saddle to fit
your body better.

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By saskatchewanian
Carrying Luggage on a Long Distance Ride (36)

carrying stuff on a unicycle sucks. If you insist on using a unicycle
carrying stuff in a backpack really speeds up and magnifies saddle
soreness and strapping stuff to handles makes the unicycle...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By saskatchewanian
Will you still be riding when you're......

I wouldn't consider my riding to be at a high level but I believe I will
still be doing distance rides and MUni for many years to come.

I might slow down physically a bit but I think that technique...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By saskatchewanian
Torker/Nimbus-converting to freestyle

pick something made for a 20" wheel and 40mm bearings.

http://tinyurl.com/9jum5r

--
saskatchewanian
saskatchewanian's...
Replies: 116
Posted By saskatchewanian
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

munirocks;1167463 wrote:
Well, the thing is that the more I tilt the saddle downwards, the harder
it gets to ride without both hands on the handle, because with that
center of gravity I would...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By saskatchewanian
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Turtle and Ken, where did you find those seat clamp things? I did a
quick google search and couldn't find anything. It would probably help
to know what they are called.

I can't wait to get a 36er...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By saskatchewanian
How to remove anodizing (rims/cranks) / Polishing aul. to mirror finish.

Anodizing is a forum of oxidizing which means that it is the aluminum on
the surface that has changed colour. It is not like taking off paint you
will need to remove a thin layer of aluminum from the...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By saskatchewanian
Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

The only advice I have for people with mental blocks is... drink two
beer. Just enough to help loosen those mental blocks without severely
affecting your coordination or balance, then try letting go...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By saskatchewanian
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Good stuff Ken. I did a bit of experimenting with a bike seat this fall
and will definitely have a bike seat and long handle on my next 36er.

'Here'...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By saskatchewanian
SS 14g 36er Spokes breaking

Brass will deform and help distribute the stress at the spoke head
better.

--
saskatchewanian
saskatchewanian's Profile:...

I put the tread from a 24" tire on a 26" tire casing to see if it would
work. It worked much better than i thought. There was about 8% stretch.

I am sure that putting a 20" tread on a slightly...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By saskatchewanian
Shaved tires

When I took the tread of a tire to put on my homemade tire casing I
discovered you can just peel the rubber from the casing once you are
started.

I started trying to skin it like you would when...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By saskatchewanian
Shaved tires

Has anyone tried taking the tread from a 20" freestyle and gluing it to
the carcass of a 19" tire?

You won't have the weight savings of a regular shaved tire but it would
last much longer. When/if I...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By saskatchewanian
need hill climbing advice

Practice is the key to consistency. I often mount how you do but prefer
a running jump mount when trying to start on a moderate up-slope.

A running jump mount can be scary at first but it is really...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By saskatchewanian
Intro to me...

you will find that most people who laugh at a unicyclist going by are
the kind of people who laugh at life. Stop and have a chat. It is a
great way to meet happy people.

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By saskatchewanian
Qu-Ax 36er + brake

If you are the kind of person who doesn't mind making a few mods to make
things work I would say go for it.

It might not fit but it can't be too hard to make it work.

--...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500