Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jerry[_3_]
Forum: Techniques July 13th 08, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Jerry[_3_]
chain comes off lower pulley

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

Is this the rear derailleur? I think you're missing some parts. The
path of the chain is normally enclosed so it can't hop off.

thanks Kevin - but no, the chain is...
Forum: Techniques July 13th 08, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Jerry[_3_]
chain comes off lower pulley

what's the common cause(s) for that, please?

The chain is old

I did take off the old wheel with 5 sprockets and replaced that with a wheel
with 6 sprockets, but things were okay for a whole year...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 08, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 133
Posted By Jerry[_3_]
HEART RATE

wizardB wrote:
Dan Gregory wrote:
wrote:

Using a formula to figure your max HR is like fitting your shoes based
on measuring the circumfrence of your...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 08, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Jerry[_3_]
makeshift rim strip

what to do if I'm out on my bike and the rim strip breaks?

I've read about using newspaper. Does that actually work (if I could find
any)? What about using the old tube somehow, how do you get it...
Forum: Techniques March 31st 08, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Jerry[_3_]
wide tire slips on narrower wheel

wrote:

just to confirm, presta or shraeder valve ?

it's the regular kind, with a small metal pin that needs to be pressed down to
release air. Sorry, I don't know the name....
Forum: Techniques March 31st 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Jerry[_3_]
wide tire slips on narrower wheel

landotter wrote:
On Mar 31, 10:52 am, Jerry wrote:
I have an ATB with the usual 2" tires. I got hold of some used aluminum wheels
(Araya) that are narrower and put them...
Forum: Techniques March 31st 08, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Jerry[_3_]
wide tire slips on narrower wheel

I have an ATB with the usual 2" tires. I got hold of some used aluminum wheels
(Araya) that are narrower and put them on.

All is fine except that the tire and tube rotate on the wheel, probably...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7