Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Forum: General October 6th 06, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
Bicycling Glasses

wrote:
I'm just looking for something that I can use while biking
at night. I'm not excited about paying more than $20, but...
ya know, if I have to...
Thanks!
Forum: General September 26th 06, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
The latest bike lane research

http://www.utexas.edu/research/ctr/pdf_reports/0_5157_1.pdf

Anyone care to engage in a little peer review?

I never bothered reading the report (yet), but I have lived in cities
with...
Forum: General August 23rd 06, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
HOW TO TELL SIZE of bike?

adrian wrote:
Giant OCR. Is there a mark on the bike that tells what size it is?

Usually it's just a sticker on the (lower portion of the) seat tube.
If the sticker has been removed, you may be...
Forum: General August 21st 06, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Question about a part I broke

Is there any reason I need to replace this piece of plastic? I don't wear
pants while riding.

I had a stock chainring guard on my bike until I upgraded my rings (and
never replaced the guard). ...
Forum: General August 21st 06, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Question about a part I broke

Is there any reason I need to replace this piece of plastic? I don't wear
pants while riding.

I had a stock chainring guard on my bike until I upgraded my rings (and
never replaced the guard). ...
Forum: General August 16th 06, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Fuji - opinions solicted

landotter wrote:
Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
Curious to hear what folks in Usenet think of Fuji bikes, esp
their offerings from the past few years.

I just picked up a 2004 Fuji Finest in...
Forum: UK August 15th 06, 08:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.off-road,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Buying a new MTB

Very much agreed. You'll want to run V-brakes or cantis if you do this,
as swapping wheels with disc rotors that will invariably not line up is
just as annoying as a tire swap.

Don't...
Forum: Off Road August 15th 06, 08:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.off-road,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Buying a new MTB

Very much agreed. You'll want to run V-brakes or cantis if you do this,
as swapping wheels with disc rotors that will invariably not line up is
just as annoying as a tire swap.

Don't...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 15th 06, 08:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.off-road,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Buying a new MTB

Very much agreed. You'll want to run V-brakes or cantis if you do this,
as swapping wheels with disc rotors that will invariably not line up is
just as annoying as a tire swap.

Don't...
Forum: General August 15th 06, 08:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.off-road,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Buying a new MTB

Very much agreed. You'll want to run V-brakes or cantis if you do this,
as swapping wheels with disc rotors that will invariably not line up is
just as annoying as a tire swap.

Don't...
Forum: General July 21st 06, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
My first snapped chain

Last evening on a ride I snapped my first chain....a 10-speed Shimano.
A scary experience when riding in traffic (merging into a left turn
lane). Fortunately I didn't go flying over the bars and my...
Forum: General July 21st 06, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
So who here has received a ticket while bicycling?

I've tried on a couple of occasions to provoke a speeding ticket by
passing cop cars on descents while over the speed limit. I thought it
would make a great trophy. The cops never seemed to...
Forum: General July 18th 06, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
MTB speed increase ideas

Your friend doesn't need new gears. 42/12 is good for 24 mph (39 kph)
at your basic 90 rpm cadence. If he can sustain that for any length of
time on level ground riding a cheap MTB with...
Forum: General July 18th 06, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
MTB speed increase ideas

I'm confused then. This "beginner" runs out of gearing doing 25 MPH

Something does not compute:

The landscape here slopes gently down to sea level, with 15 MPH average
tailwinds. When...
Forum: General July 17th 06, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
MTB speed increase ideas

Hi all,

A friend of mine just got his first MTB. It's an entry-level beast,
and used for commuting right now. My friend wants to extract more
speed out of the thing. I checked it out, and his...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15