Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 2.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Randall Shimizu
Forum: Racing July 22nd 19, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Farming teams.....?

Now that French cycling is finally making a comeback I am wondering if some of French UCI teams have development teams. I believe tha the French cycling federation has some development teams. It...
Forum: Racing April 4th 17, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Peter Sagan's physiological data.....?

Has anyone seen what Sagan's physiological stats are such as WATT output, VAM and Vo2 max, weight etc....?
Forum: Racing July 27th 15, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Randall Shimizu
"I'll Never Dishonour Maillot Jaune"

Yes I agree, But I would have 4 to 6 motorcycles. 2 for the breakaway and 2 or 3 more for the main field.

Or maybe run a couple of motorcycles in front of key riders to clear the way a little....
Forum: Racing July 27th 15, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Randall Shimizu
"I'll Never Dishonour Maillot Jaune"

Froome has not been all that exciting, but he has conducted himself in a professional and honorable manner to the sport.

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 8:54:47 AM UTC-7, Randall Shimizu wrote:
Forum: Racing July 27th 15, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Randall Shimizu
"I'll Never Dishonour Maillot Jaune"

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 2:43:13 AM UTC-7, Davey Crockett wrote:
Also Spracht Vroom Vroom Froome

Hm. Sounds like someone we know

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/33669604

Forum: Racing July 27th 15, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Randall Shimizu
"I'll Never Dishonour Maillot Jaune"

Personally I think all this continual baseless speculation hurts the sport. Sky should simply ask WADA and or the UCI to research whether there is a correlation between power output and Vo2 max. If...
Forum: Racing July 26th 15, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Randall Shimizu
A disappointing TDF

I don't necessarily fault Froome for riding a defensive tour. But certainly makes for a more boring TDF. Given how strong the competition was this year he may have been forced to ride a defensive...
Forum: Racing July 26th 15, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Will Contador retire early next year....?

Certainly Tinkov-Saxobank will reevaluate team leadership after this years TDF. It quite possible that they will have co-leadership untill AC retires.

On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 12:22:04 AM UTC-7,...
Forum: Racing July 26th 15, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Randall Shimizu
A disappointing TDF

This years TDF has been a bit on the boring side this year. Froome rode a defensive tour. I would have liked to have seen Froome go on the attack rather than wait.
Forum: Racing July 26th 15, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Will Contador retire early next year....?

Contador announced today that he intends to ride the 2016 TDF. Without stronger climbers next year Contador will have hard time winning next year. I was bit surprised that he committed to riding the...
Forum: Racing July 26th 15, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Will Contador retire early next year....?

After such a terrible performance in this years TDF I am beginning to wonder if Contador will retire at the end of this year or early next year and skip the TDF....? I think it's highly doubtful that...
Forum: Racing May 14th 15, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Slaying the badger (Greg Lemond documentary)

After Hinault won his fifth TDF a journalist asked him what he would do in the 86 tours. Hinault replied: "I will have some fun and stir thing up and I shall bring them to their knees." Hinualt...
Forum: Racing May 14th 15, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Climbing out the saddle training method

I was watching this one video awhile back and Alberto Contador mentioned that while training he rides out the saddle for 10 minutes. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this or has heard much...
Forum: Racing August 17th 14, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Slaying the badger (Greg Lemond documentary)

Greg maintains that he was the team leader in 86. Greg was asked in Bicycle Guide who will lead the team in the 86 TDF. Greg answered: Who ever is strongest shall lead the team. After Hinault won the...
Forum: Racing July 22nd 13, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Why Alberto lost the Tour

Contador rode a valiant and honorable tour this year. I am hoping that he has other goals then the TDF. The Worlds and or the fall classics might be in reach for him.

On Sunday, July 21, 2013...
Forum: Racing July 22nd 13, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Wiggo v Froome-Dog

I am hoping that AC and Evans enter a race or two in the fall and later summer season.

On Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:45:28 PM UTC-7, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
Forum: Racing July 18th 13, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Brailsford-Sky-will-turn-over-everything-weve-got-to-WADA-to-disprove-doping-claims

Brailsford-Sky-will-turn-over-everything-weve-got-to-WADA-to-disprove-doping-claims

Team Sky recently made this offer to WADA and WADA is currently considering this. I am hoping that WADA accepts...
Forum: Racing June 28th 13, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Randall Shimizu
can't win without EPO - Lance

I am so disgusted by Lance's self serving remarks.Lance's actions cause irreparable damage to cycling's reputation. You need to come out a and publicly acknowledge this Lance.

On Friday, June 28,...
Forum: Racing June 27th 13, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Trek will be the licensed owner of a team

Apparently wants a primary sponsor. I am hoping that RS get's some better talent.

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:36:11 PM UTC-7, Michael wrote:
I hope the kit rocks.

Forum: Racing June 24th 13, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Randall Shimizu
More TDF team squad choice oddities....?

On Monday, June 24, 2013 12:06:30 PM UTC-7, Randall Shimizu wrote:
I was noticing the other day that Roberto Uran is not on Sky's TDF team. Froome is a very strong rider, but he still might need...
Forum: Racing June 24th 13, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Randall Shimizu
More TDF team squad choice oddities....?

On Monday, June 24, 2013 12:15:58 PM UTC-7, Snidely Whiplash· wrote:
"Randall Shimizu" wrote in message

I was noticing the...
Forum: Racing June 24th 13, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Radioshack tdf lineup

Despite the story about Trek acquiring Becca's pro license, delivering publicity value to their sponsors should be one of Radio Shack's management top concerns. I would argue that Trek will need a a...
Forum: Racing June 24th 13, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Randall Shimizu
More TDF team squad choice oddities....?

I was noticing the other day that Roberto Uran is not on Sky's TDF team. Froome is a very strong rider, but he still might need the support of a climber like Uran. The TDF is a long and challenging...
Forum: Racing June 20th 13, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Radioshack tdf lineup

On Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:08:07 AM UTC-7, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 6/20/2013 1:23 AM, Gerrit wrote:

"Randall Shimizu" wrote in message

Forum: Racing June 20th 13, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Randall Shimizu
Radioshack tdf lineup