Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Forum: Techniques May 9th 13, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By [email protected]
IS CYCLING SAFE? by Andre Jute

On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:47:39 AM UTC-6, wrote:

I did have two incidents when I was on my motorcycle. One was the very first day I had gotten the bike restored (or at least...
Forum: Techniques May 26th 12, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bicycle Infrastructure and Safety: Death in PDX

On May 23, 8:04*am, Jay Beattie wrote:

I'm amazed Frank has not chimed in that the accident would have been
avoided if the cyclist had taken the lane and ignored the...
Forum: Techniques May 20th 12, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bicycle Infrastructure and Safety: Death in PDX

On May 19, 9:04*am, Jay Beattie wrote:
Not withstanding bike lanes and green boxes, it is still possible to
get squashed by a truck in downtown...
Forum: Racing August 24th 11, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
USA Pro Cycling Challenge, stage 1 summary

On Aug 24, 1:39 am, Bob Martin wrote:
Stage 1 : Aug 23, Salida - Crested Butte/Mt. Crested Butte, 159.9 km

1 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Team RadioShack ...
Forum: General August 16th 11, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 495
Posted By [email protected]
Dangerous? Study: 77 to 1 benefit to risk

On Aug 15, 4:35 pm, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Peter, this wasn't a situation where a motorist passed a cyclist then
whipped right. It was a situation where the cyclist...
Forum: General August 15th 11, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 495
Posted By [email protected]
Dangerous? Study: 77 to 1 benefit to risk

On Aug 15, 8:46 am, Phil W Lee wrote:
considered Mon, 15 Aug 2011 00:48:50 -0700
(PDT) the perfect time to write:

On Aug 14, 7:34 pm, Joy...
Forum: General August 15th 11, 08:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 495
Posted By [email protected]
Dangerous? Study: 77 to 1 benefit to risk

On Aug 14, 7:34 pm, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 19:00:36 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

As far as I know, the LAW's "whites only"...
Forum: General August 14th 11, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 495
Posted By [email protected]
Dangerous? Study: 77 to 1 benefit to risk

On Aug 13, 8:40 pm, "Jay Beattie" wrote:
... With the cement truck incident -- the
cement truck turned from a full stop. How the cyclist got herself under the
wheels...
Forum: General August 14th 11, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 495
Posted By [email protected]
Dangerous? Study: 77 to 1 benefit to risk

On Aug 13, 8:37 am, Peter Cole wrote:

Around that time (1880's) I believe the League of American Wheelmen (or
whatever it was called then) also attempted to ban blacks...
Forum: General August 13th 11, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 495
Posted By [email protected]
Dangerous? Study: 77 to 1 benefit to risk

On Aug 11, 8:33 pm, SMS wrote:

I'm sure there is some reason he found it important. Perhaps it was that
he believed that it would be less likely for bicycles to be...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 11, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.broadcast
Replies: 253
Posted By [email protected]
Helmet Debate In San Francisco on KGO this morning

On Jul 25, 6:13 pm, Phil Kane wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:10:10 -0700, SMS
wrote:

It's very bad that the debate on helmets has...
Forum: Techniques July 24th 11, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 367
Posted By [email protected]
Bike stability physics

On Jul 23, 10:44 am, Dan O wrote:

That's how riding bike is for me (I have *never* consciously counter
steered, btu can rock a turn with some of the best). I imagine...
Forum: Racing July 23rd 11, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
I hope Cadel Evans doesn't win

On Jul 23, 4:12 pm, atriage wrote:
On 23/07/2011 22:54, Anton Berlin wrote:

Here comes the waterworks....

Cuddly and Cav are gonna have a podium crying...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 11, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 182
Posted By [email protected]
The comforts of a carbon fiber frame

On Jul 23, 11:45 am, Dan O wrote:
On Jul 20, 9:46 pm, Anton Success wrote:

You've probably been down this beaten path in rbt before but the
Forum: Racing July 12th 11, 10:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Voeckler

On Jul 11, 11:18 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

While I might agree that Voeckler was comically dramatic in his last
jersey defense, ...

Now we can look forward to several days...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 12th 11, 09:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By [email protected]
Solution to Bashed Chainrings?

On Jul 6, 5:54 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

I got that part, but who runs 23-25 teeth on the front chain
ring?

The Devil. (mtn bikers)
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 12th 11, 09:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By [email protected]
Solution to Bashed Chainrings?

On Jul 8, 1:14 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:

BS.

Not BS.

Multiple studies show that hikers have as much negative impact on
wildlife habitat as mtn bikers.

So go scythe...
Forum: Techniques July 1st 11, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
MORE OIL ! MORE MORE !

On Jun 29, 6:05 pm, john B. wrote:

Do you really believe that the release of oil was anything but a
political move so that The Leader can be seen in a good light?

No.
Forum: Techniques July 1st 11, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
MORE OIL ! MORE MORE !

On Jun 30, 6:29 am, john B. wrote:

I thought it was the U.S. strategic reserve; which stood at some 726.5
million barrels as of 31 May. US consumption of crude is...
Forum: Techniques June 25th 11, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
MORE OIL ! MORE MORE !

On Jun 23, 2:49 pm, Peter Cole wrote:
On 6/23/2011 2:17 PM, AMuzi wrote:

kolldata wrote:
Forum: Racing June 20th 11, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
FBI Goes to the Tape

On Jun 15, 3:10 pm, BL wrote:

That's true, but beside the point here. The FBI will do its
investigation and the US Attorney will decide what to do or not do.
It's going to...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21