Showing results 1 to 25 of 231
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: chuckaeronut
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By chuckaeronut
San Francisco Bay Riders?

gimme 6 months...!! :D I can't wait! I'll be there by mid June...

--
chuckaeronut

Uni to work to eat to live to uni to work...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By chuckaeronut
My new KH/Schlumpf 36!!!

Hell yeah, James!! Bout time you got that hub back!

Now you just need to ride it out to California...

As for the cranks, yeah, just keep yanking them down. Eventually
they'll stay that way. Even...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By chuckaeronut
Today I... (brag thread)

unicyclerman;1139028 wrote:
i somehow pedal grabbed my own forearm trying to pedal grab a 40 inch
wall

Err.... owwww... Sounds fun. I want to learn that talent!

--
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53

I think you're asking if a well-built 29" wheel from a KH29 would be
weak enough to fail on a smaller drop than would break a geared hub in a
unicycle with an infinitely strong wheel... As in, -if I...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 09:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By chuckaeronut
Red Menace 36 update

Yeah! Then I'd only ride up to there, and we could all hop in for a much
more comfortable and social 900 miles. This should be something to think
about...

Sorry for the threadjack, by the way; this...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By chuckaeronut
Red Menace 36 update

Hahahahahaaa, riiight :-p

Yeah, I'd love to come up some time. Pretty much as soon as I get my
motorcycle frame augmented to hold my uni rack. Then I can do an
Ironbutt ride and another half an...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By chuckaeronut
Red Menace 36 update

Yet another year goes by, and yet another bump!

Geared riding has really taken off in the past year or so... Gigahats
off to Unisk8r for making something so awesome... it's a pretty...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 56
Posted By chuckaeronut
Help! Stuck Schlumpf Shifter Button

I'll second the 150mm love. I'll third it, too... I swear by my 150s.
Though they do get in my way at times when I'm really trying to spin
fast, they make a good cruising speed so much easier (than...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By chuckaeronut
need hill climbing advice

w00t! Seat, handlebar, whatever gets the job done. :)

Anything to get more than body weight onto the pedals!

--
chuckaeronut

Uni to work to eat to live to uni to work...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By chuckaeronut
Orange County, CA Charity Unicycle Ride

Terry wrote:
I had a pretty bad fall in the closing minutes of the event, and decided
to stop at that point since my uni was knocked out of whack and my brake
was partially stuck on requiring...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By chuckaeronut
Orange County, CA Charity Unicycle Ride

Yeah, I think we didn't do a full hour. Maybe more like 53 minutes. We
started at 3:45 on my phone, and finished at 4:37 or 4:38. Also, last
year I did 53 laps ungeared at right around 14mph, and...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By chuckaeronut
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

I'd love to try a bike seat, but I'm just too lazy and/or overstretched
to bother trying to set up a good handlebar far out from the seat....

I know I'd want to keep the T7 though, to have both. I...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By chuckaeronut
Today I... (brag thread)

Yesterday I woke up at 1 PM after deliberately missing my 8-11 o'clock
ride to do homework. I then proceeded to do absolutely no homework – or
riding – for the entire day.

Today, I am posting this...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By chuckaeronut
Losing air, but no puncture?

Right; I know about PV = nRT, but I wasn't sure if Air followed that
exactly, or how closely it followed it. I guess it's sufficiently close,
based on all the faith in it I now see in this thread!...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By chuckaeronut
Orange County, CA Charity Unicycle Ride

hey Scott TTocs!! You're in Irvine... do I know you? Do you know me
and/or Todd (onelesscar) and/or any of us here at UC Irvine... or our
small circle of brand new riders? We should get together and...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By chuckaeronut
Just bought a KH36

Yeah, I did, but I do push and pull on them a lot when I ride. I think
that's why I'm so incapable of riding fast without them. It's not like I
push and pull hard; it's just that I do it all the...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By chuckaeronut
Losing air, but no puncture?

I've never personally experienced this, but back a month or so ago on a
ride with Terry, he told me that temperature plays a pretty big role. He
said that car tires inflated to 40 PSI on a cold...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By chuckaeronut
Just bought a KH36

Cool to see so much MG-1 love. At least I know I have my pedals figured
out. :)

That said... nooooO!!!! Don't cut off the rear handle! I considered the
same thing for a very short time, and now I...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 08, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By chuckaeronut
Just bought a KH36

Hey, congrats!! I think the KH36 is the best 36er you can buy right
now... It's like a night and day difference between my KH36 and my old
Nimbus 36.

You're spot on on the tube - 29er tube is the...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 08, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By chuckaeronut
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Out where I ride with the road bikers on Pacific Coast Highway over
here, people are impressively intelligent about how we ride our road
unis!

I hear people say "you need a bigger gear!" as they...
Forum: Unicycling November 18th 08, 08:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By chuckaeronut
Orange County, CA Charity Unicycle Ride

Heyzor, are there any directions to where that little dirt track is?
Also, we need to get some of the San Diego folks up here, because
they're really close... Jake! Eric! John! Ralph! Come up and...
Forum: Unicycling November 18th 08, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By chuckaeronut
Attention span.

When I go on a ride, I usually ride for between three and five hours
with a stop or two mixed in there. When I'm just riding around campus,
I'm usually on for 20 to 90 minutes at a time, a few times...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By chuckaeronut
Whats the brake pad to rim gap?

On a Nimbus 36, you'll want to keep it pretty wide. Even on my KH36, I
keep about a quarter inch between the rim and pad on each side, and
that's a stiff frame. On my nimbus, I had about 3/8 of an...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By chuckaeronut
Unicycle Skyline Drive - Shenandoah National Park, VA

I just have to be carefull not to overdo it right away and watch my
knee.

+1 on that. Don't hurt yourself any more. You might consider running
the 165 moments if you're worried about your knee?...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By chuckaeronut
Orange County, CA Charity Unicycle Ride

I'm there!! It's gonna be fun weaving in and out of all the kids on the
guni...

... in the dirt on my newly shaved down tire...

Maybe trying to max the geared uni isn't such a good idea after...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 231