Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: suzyj[_25_]
Forum: Australia May 31st 11, 05:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
culture of fear

When I were young, there was a concerted push by helmet manufacturers (Bell in particular) to bring about the mandatory helmet laws that we have now. Much of the propaganda being used in their...
Forum: Australia May 12th 11, 12:47 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 0
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Wheel Build

On Tuesday, 10 May 2011 02:11:29 UTC+10, Andrew Price wrote:

Notwithstanding reading Jobst Brandt's book, all Sheldon's articles and an
incredibly kind and patient lesson from SuzyJ on wheel...
Forum: Australia May 6th 11, 07:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Wheel Build

On May 4, 10:09*pm, Chris Taylor wrote:
Hi I'm going to build some new wheels for my bike.
I'm getting Velocity A23 rims and I have Dura-Ace 7900 hubs but my
question is...
Forum: Australia March 12th 11, 08:59 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Riding to Canberra

On Mar 11, 9:25*am, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

Audax 600? Bloody hell, I have heard of Audax 300 and I reckon they are
mad - stark raving, so that make you twice as crazy? :)

Yup. Did it...
Forum: Australia March 10th 11, 12:00 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Riding to Canberra

On Mar 10, 4:35*pm, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

Has anybody here done the ride and wanna share your thoughts and advice?

I did the Hume to Canberra and back as part of an Audax 600. ...
Forum: Australia March 9th 11, 09:15 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Ping suzij

On Mar 9, 12:45*am, F Murtz wrote:
Can you silver solder titanium?
Or how do you work with titanium frames?

Not in any process that I'm aware of.

All the titanium frames...
Forum: Australia March 9th 11, 08:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Back to the torch

On Mar 8, 10:05*pm, John wrote:

Never mind the weight - it's gorgeous! *Let us know when you've painted
it. *

Still not painted, but together. Built with SRAM rival and...
Forum: Australia February 28th 11, 05:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Back to the torch

On Feb 25, 3:18*pm, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

You almost done with the frame yet? Can't be too much left to go.

I just need to run a tap through the BB shell and apply paint. Oh,
and put a...
Forum: Australia February 28th 11, 04:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Back to the torch

On Feb 25, 4:45*pm, Rob wrote:

So in the long run this will turn out looking like this image!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzy_j/5084626297/

Probably not, unfortunately.
Forum: Australia February 25th 11, 12:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Back to the torch

On Feb 24, 7:07*pm, Rob wrote:
On 24/02/2011 11:00 AM, suzyj wrote:

All done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzy_j/5472284054/

It's surprisingly light, at just...
Forum: Australia February 25th 11, 12:12 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Back to the torch

On Feb 24, 3:49*pm, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
On 24/02/2011 11:00 AM, suzyj wrote:

All done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzy_j/5472284054/

It's surprisingly light, at just...
Forum: Australia February 24th 11, 12:00 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Back to the torch

All done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzy_j/5472284054/

It's surprisingly light, at just 1625 grams.

Now, on to number five...

Cheers,
Forum: Australia February 10th 11, 08:20 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Back to the torch

On Feb 11, 2:54*am, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

You also mentioned soldering on the flickr site whilst I am thinking
that welding would seem more appropriate. Maybe I am thinking of what I
Forum: Australia February 10th 11, 02:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By suzyj[_25_]
Back to the torch

Hi all,

It's been a few years since I built my current roadie, but recently we
moved to larger premises (where the car gets its very own bit of
driveway, rather than filling up the garage), so...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14