Showing results 1 to 25 of 97
Search took 0.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: lowlight
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By lowlight
Inflatable Clown Costume

i'd like to see you playing hockey in that tomorow... would be a good
goalkeeper.

--
lowlight
lowlight's Profile:...

Dan, If I do have my car finished in time, I could probably give you a
lift, if you got a train up here.

I should have a lift sorted now but thanks for the offer, looking
forward to it.

--
Forum: Unicycling January 4th 09, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By lowlight
BMW 09 - The British MUni Weekend

Anyone travelling from the south with a spare seat in a vehicle? I live
near Southampton but can travel to somewhere convenient.

Dan K

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By lowlight
SW UK unicycle hockey tornament Jan 3rd 2009

starts 11am now?

Website says midday i think, just saying in case a few teams need to be
advised of this.

Looking forward to it,

Dan
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By lowlight
BMW 09 - The British MUni Weekend

BRILLIANT! sounds ace, i'll be there too

--
lowlight
lowlight's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12290
Replies: 17
Posted By lowlight
SW UK unicycle hockey tornament Jan 3rd 2009

Hi Sarah, yes we'll definitley bring a team.

Dan - Southampton Penguins

--
lowlight
lowlight's Profile:...

I dunno if the schlumpf would work in that frame though - I dunno if
it'd be possible with the bearing holders

oh yes of course, worth investigating still I think as the frame now
has...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By lowlight
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

The more I think about it the more I seem to lean towards a KH26" Guni
setup. So I will have to make some brake mount adapters...

If you weren't set on a KH, Nimbus now do a 26" frame with...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By lowlight
KHE Stimulatorz Plastic Pedals

I've had these on my hockey uni for maybe 6 months now. Have worked
well, especially used with five ten shoes. Want to try odyssey twisted
pedals next though, mostly cos of their cool colours...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By lowlight
Hand Injuries Common in Muni? Or is just me?

I suffered a slightly bruised palm on Sunday from some very pointy welsh
rocks. Was wearing wrist guards but its maybe slightly to the side of
their protection. This is the only injury to my hands...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 08, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By lowlight
Pictures of your latest ride

Ah, you should have said you were riding there.

I did a thread on 'the other forum'. i'll give you a shout when next in
the area

--
lowlight
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 08, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By lowlight
Pictures of your latest ride

Today at Cwmcarn, South Wales, UK

|Filename: cwmcarn4.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By lowlight
Help with Magura brake questions

Did you work out a solution? I got given a brake with a similar problem,
the clamp snapped off. Hacking up an old deore V brake lever I kept the
clamp bit and attached it to the lever with a bolt, a...
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 41
Posted By lowlight
Which frame is better the KH 08 long neck or the Nimbus X CrMo Long-neck

The KH works with the wheel but the Nimbus X you linked to doesnt, you
need to get the ISIS version: http://tinyurl.com/6p865p

Dan

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 08, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By lowlight
Another newbie question....cranks + missing bit.

The piece missing is to do with removing the cranks. With the disc on
there, when you undo the large allen key bolt the crank will extract off
the hub too. I have lost one of these too, but found you...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By lowlight
Can't find a Miyata online dealer(UK)

I'm not sure there is one for the UK. I'd say www.unicycle.uk.com would
be your best bet for finding miyata parts.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By lowlight
Your favorite pictures of you riding

Serving bread and butter pudding on my muni. My old chalet, les trois
vallees, France.
I'm not actually holding onto the bench for support...
Forum: Unicycling November 7th 08, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By lowlight
London Uni-Basketball teams?

An idea would be to have a few friendly games at hockey tournaments this
year. Although there often isnt a great deal of spare time and
personally i'd probably just want to play more hockey!

The...
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 08, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By lowlight
South downs college

We can sort you out with an appropiate unicycle if you give us a bit of
notice. As for working, I cant really help.

cya

Dan

--
lowlight
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 08, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

The longest cranks i've ridden with are 150's. Don't think i'd want to
go any longer as I find it hard to spin smoothly like pkittle. My
current favourites are 140mm schlumpf cranks for general XC...
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 08, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By lowlight
South downs college

I live near Southampton. Come and play hockey with us on sunday
afternoons if you like. PM if you're interested

Dan

--...
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 08, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By lowlight
BUC Registration OPEN!

All I can say is watch this space!!
I brought up BMW at the UUU AGM (thats British Muni Weekend at the
Union of United Kingdom Unicyclists Annual General Meeting!!), and turns
out it was...
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By lowlight
BUC Registration OPEN!

I had a really great weekend. The hockey was super fun and worked well
despite my rubbish initial schedule. Thanks to Rocket for doing it
properly. I think we surprised a few people with our...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By lowlight
Best Muni/Trials Shoe

Here's the new version:
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/166...ct-2-Shoes.htm

I use these. They're great shoes and rated highly by lots of people on
here.

The shoes do provide a degree of...
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 08, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By lowlight
29" Discussion thread

ah cool ok. No i'm sure its 'correct'. I just didnt know what it meant.
Had presumed there was George Peck link though... Must watch that video
again sometime soon.

--...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 97