Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 5.78 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MattB
Forum: Mountain Biking January 8th 09, 07:51 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 7
Posted By MattB
hydration on multi-day ride

rockin dude wrote:
Beej Jorgensen wrote:
Roland Latour wrote:
Boiling water for drinking means carrying extra fuel, and extra
hassle, time, and...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 8th 09, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By MattB
what the hell happened to this place?

rockin dude wrote:
did everyone move to alt.adult-bmx or something?

Many went to spokejunkies.com.
Forum: Mountain Biking December 16th 08, 05:47 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By MattB
cold weather

DI wrote:
So much for this global warming BS.

I hope most of you are living somewhere where it's warm and dry, I may sell
a few bikes if it doesn't warm up soon.

Our regional average...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 5th 08, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By MattB
Parkpre Scepter Comp - Possibly FS

Cam wrote:
Hiyo,

First-time poster (just found NG).

Could someone please give me a rough idea what a '97 (I think) Scepter Comp
bike in good condition would be worth. It's stock and I...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 4th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By MattB
"Angry Man": Anybody Know Him?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per MattB:
I kind of know him but haven't seen him in a while.
The problems I saw him have were on his old Klein - I forget the model
name but it was the Maverick...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 3rd 08, 07:16 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By MattB
"Angry Man": Anybody Know Him?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
I recall that had some recurrent breakages with a certain piece
of equipment some years back and wanted to find out what the
nature of the breakages was.

I kind of know...
Forum: Techniques October 29th 08, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 323
Posted By MattB
Bitter Irony...

wrote:
Palin is
here to solve all this and rid the world of libs, queers and recumbent
riders.

OK, I was going to stay out of this thread but I have to add a LOL for
that...
Forum: Techniques October 27th 08, 04:30 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 323
Posted By MattB
Bitter Irony...

Bill Sornson wrote:
On Oct 24, 11:39 am, MattB wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
On Oct 23, 8:18 am, Bill Sornson wrote:
...see if you can spot...
Forum: Techniques October 24th 08, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 323
Posted By MattB
Bitter Irony...

Bill Sornson wrote:
On Oct 23, 8:18 am, Bill Sornson wrote:
...see if you can spot it:

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/32477839.html

Nobody got it. It said they're...
Forum: Techniques October 23rd 08, 11:06 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 323
Posted By MattB
Bitter Irony...

bluezfolk wrote:
On Oct 23, 10:18 am, Bill Sornson wrote:
...see if you can spot it:

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/32477839.html

Interesting choice of a sponsor,...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 14th 08, 04:45 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 8
Posted By MattB
Seatpost shims

Dre wrote:
"wizardB" wrote in message
Dre wrote:
"wizardB" wrote in message
Forum: Mountain Biking August 11th 08, 07:01 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 6
Posted By MattB
Hardtail vs. Full-Suspension

Just to show it's a personal thing, I'll add that my most-ridden bike
these days is a hard tail single speed. But just yesterday I had a great
ride on my FS bike, and I like to ride my fixie around...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 23rd 08, 08:25 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 9
Posted By MattB
I keep crashing - need some help.

Javier wrote:
Hi Matt,

I figured it was me and not the bike. I've been mainly on a road bike
for three years as I had no-one to go mountain biking with, but now
that I was able to get a...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 23rd 08, 06:45 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 9
Posted By MattB
I keep crashing - need some help.

Javier wrote:
Hey guys,

I've been mountain biking for a few weeks and I seem to be having
trouble with two things. I crash when I'm either climbing a hill that
has a lot of rocks or...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 22nd 08, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 11
Posted By MattB
Riding alone

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Javier:
I got the cell phone issue covered.

I'm probably stating the obvious.... but the cell phone needs tb
on your body or in a belt pack - not hanging on the...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 1st 08, 05:21 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By MattB
RR: Colorado Trail (Part 4)

Bill Sornson wrote:
On Jun 30, 3:53 am, Corvus Corvax wrote:
Days 4 and 5: South Park

One thing about bike touring is that it arouses sympathy in just about
Forum: Mountain Biking June 16th 08, 06:33 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By MattB
On the SS for the first time in a while

Zilla wrote:
I rode my SS the other day, after a 6mo. hiatus off it
since I ride my FS or roadie instead. My balance was
off, my rythmn was off, I couldn't get momentum going
up hills, my...
Forum: Mountain Biking May 27th 08, 04:22 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By MattB
With no small trepidation . . .

Bubba wrote:
I pulled my old Raleigh M80 from its hook on the shed wall for the
first time in two years tonight. I can't believe it's been two years,
but the rust on the chain and seat post...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 29th 08, 11:29 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 13
Posted By MattB
Where'd everybody go?

wrote:
I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
places to ride. All gone? What...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 8th 08, 03:41 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By MattB
Damn...

TM wrote:
...in the last 24 hours just one non-troll post?

It may come back.

You have to admit the group lost its way there for a bit. It takes a
different sort of person to enjoy...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 7th 08, 05:34 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By MattB
Q for the Colorado Folks

Corvus Corvax wrote:
On the off chance that any of the Colorado contingent is still
checking in around he

I'm going to be in Boulder in early June, and it looks like I'll have
a free...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 7th 08, 05:20 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By MattB
Extreme Bike Face Plant - OWWW!

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 05:43:55 -0700 (PDT), C J Viral
wrote:

Face down at the bottom of the stairs, and carried off in an
ambulance. That...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 31st 08, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 1
Posted By MattB
Nice,

wrote:
Happy Birthday, ya singlespeeding Eastern Freak.

JD

Nice,

Matt
Forum: Mountain Biking March 4th 08, 06:38 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By MattB
Hills are really just humps

Crazy Fred wrote:
On the trails or in the streets I see them walking their bikes up
hill. I have a saying I yell out, that thing was made to pedal. Take
this small city 6 by 6 miles. It goes...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 13th 08, 06:59 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 8
Posted By MattB
Hey CC, cold enough for ya?

Scott Gordo wrote:
On Feb 12, 7:20 pm, Corvus Corvax wrote:
On Feb 12, 4:40 pm, Scott Gordo wrote:

I don't think that I can...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500