Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Forum: General August 10th 10, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Wireless Odometer

I have a wireless odometer for my folding bike, and I notice that when
I start riding it works fine, but that when I stop for an extended
period of time it seems as if it malfunctions. It will say I...
Forum: General October 5th 09, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Odometer which is also a watch

I am sure wireless odometers have a clock, but is there one you could
wear as a watch, and then when you ride your bike you do not have to
place it on the bike. Would the distance be too great to...
Forum: General August 9th 09, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Folding bike vs regular bike for 60 plus

I am now sixty plus, and was wondering if a folding bike might be a
good idea. If you fall, you fall a shorter distance. My inlaws biked
till they were seventy-five, but stopped because they worried...
Forum: General May 2nd 09, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Avoiding patching a tube (anatomy of a flat)

When I lived in Arizona, I would always have flats from thorns, and
the thorn resistant tubes did not do much good. One day I met someone
who had something called "tire savers" basically a small wire...
Forum: General February 20th 09, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Citizen Gotham Folding Bike

Bicycle magazine recently mentioned the Citizen Folding bike that
costs in the range of $200. That seems so inexpensive compared to
others I have seen. Anyone have an opinion of the quality of...
Forum: General December 29th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Dahon Folding Bike vs Friday Folding Bike

I am thinking about buying a folding bike to ride mainly on bike
trails or to take with me when I am on some trips. I saw a Dahon
folding bike that I like for around $450, and the lowest priced...
Forum: General June 27th 08, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Frame guarantee question

I've moved so I cannot.But if you purchased a car with a guarantee all
the dealers would be available to service it.

Tom
Out of curiosity, are you having the work done by the same shop that sold
Forum: General June 27th 08, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
Fenders are for sissies, but they keep your back dry when theroads wet

I just purchased a new bike, and it happened to come with fenders. As
long as they do not present some type of mechical problem (harder to
change a tire or something) I really do not care. I have had...
Forum: General June 26th 08, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Frame guarantee question

The frame on my Gary Fisher cheapo mountain style bike broke even
though I never rode it off road. I probably put on thirty thousand
miles over almost five years. The bike shop is in the process...
Forum: General May 15th 08, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Poor biking picture in Business Week Magazine

Business Week magazine had a photo that illustrated the high price of
gasoline. In the photo the "father" was riding a bike with his
daughter sitting on the crossbar, and the father was riding with...
Forum: General April 13th 08, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Better quality back rim

I keep breaking spokes on my back rim. I checked with my local bicycle
shop, and the owner said he could replace all the back spokes with
something called "alpine" spokes which are less likely to...
Forum: General October 28th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Finding a slow leak in a tube

There is a slow leak in my tube. Took around two days for the pressure
to go down. I pumped up the tube quite alot, and placed it in water,
but no bubble. I guess I could be real patient, and sit...
Forum: General September 5th 07, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
28 inch wheels

Recently I saw a bike at a store that had either 28 or 29 inch wheels.
I think it was a Fugi. I also noticed that KHS sells a bike with large
wheels. What is the advantage of large wheels? Right now...
Forum: General August 2nd 07, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Bike Train beneath fall bridge in Minea

In one of the photos I have seem of the fallen bridge in Minneapolis
there appears to be a two lane bicycle trail beneath the bridge. Does
anyone know if there is a trail below the...
Forum: General July 5th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Do people bet on Tour de France?

I was reading in a book that people bet on college sports such as
football and basketball. In fact the author implied that betting was
the only purpose of March Madness. It made me wonder if bets...
Forum: General June 23rd 07, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Disc vs rim brakes

I have a feeling this subject has been addressed before. I looked up
an opinion about disc brakes, and the only disadvantage there appeared
to be was cost and added weight. My question is can a rider...
Forum: General June 18th 07, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
South Pittsburgh to McKeesport Route (PA 837)

If you rode it early on Sunday morning you would have no problem. I
have rode it to Kennywood, and it was not too bad. I am not clear
where you are coming from. The trail is done only to the South...
Forum: General June 7th 07, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
four way stop signs

I just traveled through my "favorite" four way stop signs. It seems
as if drivers do not think I deserve my turn. Maybe I should just walk
across, and if they hit me they hit a pedestrian instead of...
Forum: General April 21st 07, 10:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Seat Post Length

I was looking at some bikes on the web, and some appear to have very
long seat posts sticking out of the frame. The bike which I have now
the seat post does not come out that far. Is the seat post...
Forum: General April 7th 07, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Proper frame size

I noticed that the bike I was looking at which I thought had a small
frame had the seat projecting quite a bit out of the frame. I have
also noticed this in other bikes in catalogs which I have...
Forum: General April 7th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Proper frame size

Frame sizes seem to get more confusing all the time. The hybrid bike I
have now has a frame size of 22 inches. I like the size. I was looking
at a bike which I like. There was only one size on the...
Forum: General March 5th 07, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Chain Removal Tool

I have always had bad luck with tools that remove the rivet in your
chain. The best one that I had was a cheapo from Western Auto that
"broke" when I attemped to remove a chain on a printing...
Forum: General September 10th 06, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Thermos for bike

I came across a nice little spot in a park about a hour and half ride
from my house to sit and read. I was wondering if anyone has a good
suggestion for a thermos to buy to carry some hot coffee to...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23