Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mister2u
Forum: Techniques June 25th 09, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Mister2u
DIY Bike Lane

http://www.lightlanebike.com/index.html
Forum: Techniques April 27th 09, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Mister2u
Trash day bikes

On Apr 25, 8:13*pm, Peter Cole wrote:
So, I just finished building a rowing shell and was starting a bike
trailer for it. I looked at my pile o' bikes and realized I was...
Forum: Techniques April 7th 09, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 64
Posted By Mister2u
Bicycle tube valves: Schrader good, Presta fragile, Woods evendumber

On Apr 7, 11:19*am, Andre Jute wrote:
I cannot for the life of me see why everyone does not fit bicycle
tubes with automobile (Shrader) valves, which are convenient and
Forum: Techniques March 12th 09, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Mister2u
OT Bicycle built for 2000

http://www.bicyclebuiltfortwothousand.com/info.html
Description
Bicycle Built For 2,000 is comprised of 2,088 voice recordings
collected via Amazon's Mechanical Turk web service. Workers...
Forum: Techniques November 27th 08, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 35
Posted By Mister2u
Bicyclist shot

Don't point that leg at me!

http://www.thestar.com/article/537549
Cyclist loses his leg in clash with cab...
Forum: Racing November 27th 08, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 35
Posted By Mister2u
Bicyclist shot

Don't point that leg at me!

http://www.thestar.com/article/537549
Cyclist loses his leg in clash with cab...
Forum: Techniques October 9th 08, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Mister2u
To fit a seatpost

On Oct 8, 1:22*pm, Gabriele R wrote:
The problem: a) the seatpost tube of my bicyle (Bianchi C2C Carbon) is
mm 31.6; b) I have still a (nice and new) K-force seatpost...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 08, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By Mister2u
Park Tool Glueless Patches

On Sep 22, 12:48*pm, wrote:
someone wrote:
As for Superglue I've tried it numerous times with no luck.I've
found glueless patches work well much better than...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 08, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By Mister2u
Park Tool Glueless Patches

As for Superglue I've tried it numerous times with no luck.I've found
glueless
patches work well much better than standard patches.
Forum: Techniques September 18th 08, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 152
Posted By Mister2u
"you give up your rights as a cyclist when staying on the roadwhere the paths are available"

On Sep 16, 6:13*pm, " wrote:
On Sep 13, 9:00*pm, "
wrote:

A police lieutenant wrote in our local parks...
Forum: Techniques September 18th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Mister2u
Old Road Wheels - question

On Sep 18, 7:45*am, " wrote:
On Sep 17, 8:49*pm, cciaffone wrote:

I have (here in NC) several old 70's/80's road wheels
Forum: Techniques September 8th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Mister2u
Presta to Schrader

On Sep 4, 1:23*pm, Hank wrote:
On Sep 4, 9:24*am, Mister2u wrote:

I'd like to convert my rims to accept Schrader valves (the tubes are
cheaper...
Forum: Techniques September 4th 08, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Mister2u
Presta to Schrader

I'd like to convert my rims to accept Schrader valves (the tubes are
cheaper and more reliable)
Has anyone done this?Would a standard file work or is a needle file
advisable?
Also I was going to use...
Forum: Techniques August 29th 08, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Mister2u
great free tire boot material

On Aug 28, 11:17*pm, jim beam wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 27, 1:35 pm, " wrote:
fedex kevlar envelopes

Forum: Techniques July 25th 08, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By Mister2u
segway- whatever happened to it

On Jul 22, 9:36*am, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
The Segway was suppose to replace the bicycle, it was a reinvention of
the wheel. *Saw all the hype, actually saw one in...
Forum: Techniques July 10th 08, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,ott.general
Replies: 4
Posted By Mister2u
Recumbent transport bike / truck

On Jul 9, 5:58*pm, DennisTheBald wrote:
Sweet!

Is there a "empty" set of rear wheels (or maybe a single) so that I
can drop the loaded trailer and deadhead back?

Forum: General July 10th 08, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,ott.general
Replies: 4
Posted By Mister2u
Recumbent transport bike / truck

On Jul 9, 5:58*pm, DennisTheBald wrote:
Sweet!

Is there a "empty" set of rear wheels (or maybe a single) so that I
can drop the loaded trailer and deadhead back?

Forum: Techniques June 18th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Mister2u
Step by step repair guide

http://bicycletutor.com/
Not Sheldon Brown but not bad.
Forum: Techniques May 8th 08, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Mister2u
Johnny Blackwell's Bike trailers

I don't know if anyone remebers Johnny Blackwell's Poor Mans
Catalogue.They have plans for a bike and garden trailer,I scanned
them.Nothing ground-breaking here,I figured some of you might like...
Forum: Techniques January 26th 08, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Mister2u
bamboo Bike?

On Jan 25, 9:54*pm, A Muzi wrote:
Mister2u wrote:
http://www.leeva
futrino wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/bamboo-fixed-gear-track-bike-bicycle-dura-ace-pau...

Forum: Techniques January 25th 08, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Mister2u
Wooden Bike?

http://www.leevalley.com/newsletters/Woodworking/2/3/article1.htm
Forum: Techniques December 24th 06, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Mister2u
You think you have a problem with flats!

What about this guy
http://extremefunny.blogspot.com/2006/12/silent-inspiration-must-see.html
Forum: Techniques October 27th 06, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Mister2u
Safe glue to use on styrofoam helmet?

Hmm the rep was female..... .Anyway free sample here
http://amazinggoop.com/
Forum: Techniques October 26th 06, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Mister2u
Safe glue to use on styrofoam helmet?

Goop adhesive is a solvent-based polypropylene glue which does not
have any silicone rubber content. Several formulations are sold; some
contain toluene and naptha, others contain...
Forum: General September 10th 06, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.crafts.metalworking
Replies: 73
Posted By Mister2u
Recycling Bicycle Spokes

Funny I thought the guys at www.bikedump.com were being overly cheap