Showing results 1 to 25 of 161
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: soup[_8_]
Forum: UK October 24th 20, 11:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By soup[_8_]
Network Rail in disbelief at level crossing stunt that gridlockedCottingham

On 23/10/2020 19:13, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 6:53:04 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
On 23/10/2020 18:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 5:52:36 PM UTC+1,...
Forum: UK October 23rd 20, 06:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By soup[_8_]
Network Rail in disbelief at level crossing stunt that gridlocked Cottingham

On 23/10/2020 18:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 5:52:36 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
On 23/10/2020 15:30, Simon Mason wrote:

Forum: UK October 23rd 20, 05:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By soup[_8_]
Network Rail in disbelief at level crossing stunt that gridlocked Cottingham

On 23/10/2020 15:30, Simon Mason wrote:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/level-crossing-stunt-gridlocked-cottingham-4634366#comments-section

....and the cycling...
Forum: UK October 21st 20, 08:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By soup[_8_]
'Beeped' a cyclist.

On 20/10/2020 17:18, Simon Mason wrote:
On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 4:54:41 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
Some cyclists do them selves no favours
and act in the most cockwomblish of fashions
Forum: UK October 20th 20, 04:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By soup[_8_]
'Beeped' a cyclist.

I 'beeped a cyclist today, I do hope he doesn't think I was impatient
and wanting to overtake him.

It was dark(ish), dipped mains but maybe could have used sidelights.
He nipped out behind a car...
Forum: UK October 16th 20, 07:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By soup[_8_]
Groundbreaking puncture-proof tyre invented - and thousands ofcyclists have bought a pai

On 15/10/2020 18:44, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
THOUSANDS of Brits are dumping their old bike tyres for a cyclist's dream - a puncture-proof alternative. The new tyre, which has undergone 15 years...
Forum: UK October 2nd 20, 01:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By soup[_8_]
Less-Than-Rigorous Proof On Why Some Loss of Air From PuncturesIs Inevitable

On 02/10/2020 08:22, Bret Cahill wrote:
Please note "some loss of air" doesn't necessarily mean you stop riding so this is a "weak" proof -- it doesn't say much -- a good thing if you don't like...
Forum: UK August 7th 20, 08:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By soup[_8_]
Near Miss of the Day 450: Crap driving, embarrassed acceleratingaway

On 06/08/2020 21:03, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
Today's offering in our Neaer (SIC) Miss of the Day series shows a driver overtaking a cyclist and having to pull in sharpish due to oncoming...
Forum: UK July 5th 20, 05:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By soup[_8_]
Chris Boardman goes car-free and is helping out at Halfordsduring lockdown

On 05/07/2020 10:55, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 8:22:20 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
On 04/07/2020 18:43, Simon Mason wrote:
Doesn't wear a plastic hat either!
QUOTE:
Forum: UK July 4th 20, 08:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By soup[_8_]
Pizza restaurant's sign warns they won't serve anyone parked in pop-up cycle lane

On 03/07/2020 22:16, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, July 3, 2020 at 7:31:12 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

Can't see what the problem is - there are double yellow lines in the cycle lane anyway =...
Forum: UK July 4th 20, 08:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By soup[_8_]
Chris Boardman goes car-free and is helping out at Halfords during lockdown

On 04/07/2020 18:43, Simon Mason wrote:
Doesn't wear a plastic hat either!
QUOTE:
Chris Boardman has revealed he sold his car after not using it for two months during lockdown.

Greater...
Forum: UK June 28th 20, 06:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By soup[_8_]
"If speeding laws are not enforced, they are ignored"

On 28/06/2020 18:14, Simon Mason wrote:

Croydon Labour’s election plans going back years have promised to make the borough greener with safer cycling and walking. It has simply not materialised...
Forum: UK June 22nd 20, 07:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By soup[_8_]
Now I understand

On 21/06/2020 19:01, Pamela wrote:
On 14:52 21 Jun 2020, Mike Collins said:

why 'law abiding' motorists ignore speed limits.
Apparently it is impossible to read signs when you are in a...
Forum: UK June 4th 20, 10:24 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By soup[_8_]
Ownership?

Is this Simon (and the 'HULL daily echo's' [or whatever it's called])
personal fiefdom?
Forum: UK June 2nd 20, 07:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By soup[_8_]
‘Tempting’ – Sunday Times columnist Rod Liddle on stretching piano wire across road to target cyclists

On 26/05/2020 20:07, Simon Mason wrote:
Fantastic comment by a road.cc reader:
QUOTE:

Every day it’s the same. Pick up my newspaper and there is some gammon faced, girlfriend beating,...
Forum: UK April 22nd 20, 04:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By soup[_8_]
Come back 'real' cyclists

On 22/04/2020 15:12, Kelly wrote:

Don't be so sensitive.
I thought it was clear from the 'charging people etc' that my reply was
meant to be a tad light-hearted

:) All the garden centres are...
Forum: UK April 22nd 20, 02:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By soup[_8_]
Come back 'real' cyclists

On 22/04/2020 13:24, Kelly wrote:
soup wrote:

Driving my son to work ('s okay he works at a garden centre that has
no access for the public. They do all there business online).
Forum: UK April 22nd 20, 11:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By soup[_8_]
Come back 'real' cyclists

Driving my son to work ('s okay he works at a garden centre that has
no access for the public. They do all there business online).
https://www.kevockgarden.co.uk

I can't fail to notice the sheer...
Forum: UK April 22nd 20, 07:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By soup[_8_]
Yesterday's exercise

On 21/04/2020 13:27, TMS320 wrote:

In my original piece I was alluding to once wide tree lined avenues of
elegant town houses.

Too much Oliver! watching. :O)

I live in Edinburgh (well...
Forum: UK April 21st 20, 11:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By soup[_8_]
Yesterday's exercise

On 21/04/2020 11:19, TMS320 wrote:
If people had had to wade through
it, they would have worn boots and would not have had trousers and
skirts down to their ankles.

As did people in, e.g.,...
Forum: UK April 21st 20, 10:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By soup[_8_]
Yesterday's exercise

On 20/04/2020 19:56, Kelly wrote:

I think, though, things look all the more mad and riotous because its
speeded up.

There is more than likely other pieces of film ,not so 'speeded up'.
That...
Forum: UK April 21st 20, 10:24 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By soup[_8_]
Yesterday's exercise

On 20/04/2020 21:52, TMS320 wrote:

People seem to be walking about without having to step over anything.

Maybe they were just used to ploughing through...
Forum: UK April 20th 20, 07:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By soup[_8_]
Yesterday's exercise

On 20/04/2020 13:22, Kelly wrote:
This is what it must have been
like in the Black and White movie days before the explosion of cars
and the swell people

You seen the 'videos' of city streets...
Forum: UK December 30th 19, 11:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By soup[_8_]
Compulsory Motorways

On 27/12/2019 19:04, Simon Jester wrote:

The point is we were cycling next to a motorway. We are told cyclists should use cycleways where available so why wasn't the motorist on the motorway?

Forum: UK December 30th 19, 11:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By soup[_8_]
Dedicated to cyclists

On 27/12/2019 19:47, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pw97LpoUJs
Incredible skill.

"Skill"? Dropping the bike, red light running, wrong side of the road,
no signals ......
Showing results 1 to 25 of 161