Showing results 1 to 25 of 110
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: unicus
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By unicus
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

What a view in that photo, it must have been awesome, I am so jealous
Steve (though not of the bus ride), looking forward to the article with
more photos I hope. And to top it you've raised money for...
Forum: Unicycling September 23rd 08, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By unicus
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

unicus wrote:
Yes you were on tonight :) High quality large file (21.7MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DU5XM8NV

Low quality small file (3.42MB) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DEIT0VI9

Forum: Unicycling September 22nd 08, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By unicus
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

steve.colligan wrote:
I've been informed that it 'should' be on TV this evening, between 6 and
6.30pm (UK time). ITV Granada Reports.

Lets hope it's happening this time.

Steve

Yes...
Forum: Unicycling September 22nd 08, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By unicus
BUC Registration OPEN!

I've eventually got round to it so our registration is now in the post
:D

--
unicus

'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
'Videos'...
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By unicus
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

rob.northcott wrote:
Well, I recorded Granada Reports but couldn't find Steve on it. I'll
leave it set to record again tomorrow in case nobody else gets it, but
I'm off to Joe's Peaks weekend...
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 08, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By unicus
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

steve.colligan wrote:
I spent 2 1/2 hours being filmed/interviewed yesterday by Granada
Reports (ITV). It will be broadcast either this evening (Thursday
18/9/08), or tomorrow evening, between...
Forum: Unicycling September 17th 08, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By unicus
Unicycling Mount Everest

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72677

--
unicus

'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
'Videos'...
Forum: Unicycling September 16th 08, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By unicus
BUC Registration OPEN!

rob.northcott wrote:
But it says permission needs to be applied for at least 28 days before
the event, so it seems we're too late unfortunately :(

Could authorisation be given for a unicycle...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 113
Posted By unicus
BUC Registration OPEN!

Just a couple of questions;

- Is the camping for tents and vans?

- What's the site arrival time on Friday and leaving time on Sunday?

Cheers
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By unicus
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

plumsie wrote:
Just seen the article about what you are doing in todays Daily Mirror.

Good luck with the trip, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Plumsie

Not only 'The Daily Mirror'...
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 60
Posted By unicus
1000km Charity ride across the Roof of the World to Everest

WOW what an adventure that sounds awesome and what a cause, you've
definitely got my support Steve.

Gary

Edit: Money sent and again WOW

--
unicus
Forum: Unicycling August 21st 08, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Conrad.Nguyen wrote:
Is there an easy to use equation for finding speed at certain cadences?

Roger did a spread sheet you could have a look at;

http://www.unicycle.uk.com/Cranklength.xls

--
Forum: Unicycling July 11th 08, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4

After reading all the stuff on here, seeing all the photos and talking
to some of the people who were there I'd do a race like RTL (logistics
and cash willing). I would have liked to have done this...
Forum: Unicycling July 8th 08, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By unicus
RAAM on unis?

unicus wrote:
I've just seen that there's a TV documentary about Race Across America
on 'ITV4 Sat July 5, 20:15' (http://tinyurl.com/5v4oq8) (this is in the
UK) if anyone's interested.

Well...
Forum: Unicycling July 5th 08, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By unicus
RAAM on unis?

I've just seen that there's a TV documentary about Race Across America
on 'ITV4 Sat July 5, 20:15' (http://tinyurl.com/5v4oq8) (this is in the
UK) if anyone's interested.

--
unicus

'Photos'...
Forum: Unicycling June 20th 08, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By unicus
Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

onelesscar wrote:
Yeah, but NZUni is holding it's own on ungeared's against all the geared
cokers. They are conspicuously lonely in the top ten though...

roland wrote:
I think that Ken...
Forum: Unicycling May 15th 08, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By unicus
The Ultimate Touring Unicycle? Nearly!

semach.the.monkey wrote:

Magura HS33 hydraulic brakes (water filled)

When I read up on water filling Magura's people had problems with the
seals corroding but if you add some antifreeze this...
Forum: Unicycling April 28th 08, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By unicus
Magura Plastic Hose Fitting Question

rob.northcott wrote:
Point taken Gary - not a good time for a failure! I just meant that
doing unorthodox things that seem to work is not as risky on a unicycle
- I certainly wouldn't fancy...
Forum: Unicycling April 28th 08, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By unicus
Magura Plastic Hose Fitting Question

goldenchickenIV wrote:
Here you a

http://tinyurl.com/6zros9

In that it says;

Never use a lighter or a heatgun to soften the hose
Forum: Unicycling April 28th 08, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By unicus
Magura Plastic Hose Fitting Question

rob.northcott wrote:
I would imagine he means to heat it so much that it melts the plastic
hose as it goes in, then sets when it all cools down. That would
probably work.

Spencer: That...
Forum: Unicycling April 27th 08, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By unicus
Magura Plastic Hose Fitting Question

semach.the.monkey wrote:
Ah, yes, actually there is one of those! I wondered what that was for
:o

I can't quite see how clamping the hose tighter will make it easier to
push on...
Forum: Unicycling April 27th 08, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By unicus
Magura Plastic Hose Fitting Question

It's a while since I did this but I remember that there was a two part
plastic block in the kit to hold the hose and it needs to be in a vice.
It is a tight fit and without the block it'd be very...
Forum: Unicycling April 23rd 08, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By unicus
Tholthorpe Hockey Tournament Results

plumsie wrote:
One issue I have just noticed with the UK Hockey League.

The League year runs from BUC to BUC.

Each team should try to host one league tournament per year.

Teams may...
Forum: Unicycling April 23rd 08, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By unicus
Tholthorpe Hockey Tournament Results

Thanks for posting the results, I normally take a quick photo of them
before I leave but forgot on Saturday.

It was a very nice pitch and a great tournament well done in hosting
it.

When the...
Forum: Unicycling April 18th 08, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By unicus
my dad on Blue Peter this tuesday anychance of some one recording digitally

gkmac wrote:
It's a dual-core Athlon AM2 5200+ with 1Gb RAM, just about powerful
enough to playback 1080p content since my TV has a VGA input. Since I
don't need 3D, I make do with the onboard...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 110