Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: scott ttocs
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By scott ttocs
Orange County, CA MUni ride

I have not tried muni before. How easy is the easy stuff? Could
someone with very basic uni skills have fun on it?

--
scott...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Velcro pedals! Yeah!

That sounds like fun. Has anyone tried it? Industrial velco has a
strong grip, so one could use little patches to get the desired
stickiness. Just like ski boots, they need...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By scott ttocs
Sitting Correctly

The excessive fatigue is a phase you are going through. Just like
puberty, you will get over it--but hopefully much more quickly.:p

Relax as much as possible. Try to pedal smoothly and with as...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By scott ttocs
Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

Congratulations! It sounds like you are well on your way. If you can
get in a 10 M ride, it is just a matter of practice until it gets easy.

Here is some standard advice. Sit up straight, use...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By scott ttocs
Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

I just taught someone to ride who had the mental block problem. We just
went the route you are already on--hold onto someone's arm as you ride
around, and then gradually lighten the pressure. At...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By scott ttocs
Munibar: The making of a Mountain Uni Handlebar

Corbin,

Since you are working with steel components, how do you finish them to
avoid rust?

Do you do anything special to weld them? What type of welding rod do
you use? What type of tubing do you...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By scott ttocs
Uni Count

20" Torker DX
24" Nimbus ISIS
29" Nimbus ISIS
36" Nimbus Titan

and two riders at home.

2882 unicycles
866 riders
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By scott ttocs
Christmas goodies thread

I did not get anything related to unicycles for Christmas, but my son
got a Nimbus Titan. He is only six, but he will grow into it. I guess
I will borrow it in the mean time. :D

OK, I lied. He...
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By scott ttocs
Ugh... Free-Mount Practice

I ran across this video on you tube:

YouTube - Off-Road
Unicycle Riding : Unicycle Riding: One Rotation Forward & One-Half
Back

This woman has a series of instructional videos that I have...
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By scott ttocs
new homemade unicycle

Beanzmeanzheinz;1158643 wrote:
Yep, I can ride my "Puny cycle" but it's very low geared, couple that
with the fact it's made with 170mm bike cranks make for a lot of
thrashing & very little...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By scott ttocs
need hill climbing advice

Measuring Road Grade:

You can use Google Earth to measure the road grade. Use the line
measurement tool and set it to feet (or whatever unit the altitude is
listed as in your preferences.) Find...
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By scott ttocs
Pictures of your latest ride

Global warming is alive a well--to bad for the rest of us. :(

scott...
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By scott ttocs
Removing rust from a vintage uni

Naval Jelly

http://tinyurl.com/2emkb

--
scott ttocs
scott ttocs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/18076

If you are 4 hours into it, I would recommend riding a lot to get more
comfortable with it and then going back to mounting later-perhaps when
you are 20+ hours into it. With more skill on the...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By scott ttocs
Crank lengh advice needed please.

I have 125 mm cranks on a Nimbus 24" with a hookworm tire, and find it
comfortable to ride. I do not go very fast (and I generally have not
been measuring my speed) but the leg motion is...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By scott ttocs
How do you set your uni on fire...safely?

Setting fire to a unicycle is just such a dumb idea.

The standard trick to make a relatively cool fire is to burn
ethanol-water mixtures. The water does not burn (duh!) but it
evaporates and...
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By scott ttocs
New concept: Total Gear Ratio

I enjoy the TGR concept, but I want to add a concern about cadence:

Cadence

One obvious problem with the TGR equivalence of different unicycles is
that most riders are more comfortable (and...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By scott ttocs
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Hey Unigeezer,

Have you tried the SoCal Malls? Do they throw you out or can you ride
around in them without hassle? (Would it help to put on a clown costume
and tell the security guards that you...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By scott ttocs
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

UnicycleJuggler;1145899 wrote:
Unfortunately this is common all over. I have moved to London a few
months ago and have not as yet met anybody that unicycles. I haven't
been out looking as...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By scott ttocs
Which spoke gauge is best for KH29 MUni?

It looks like the C-334 adaptor might work for the Hozan truing stand.

http://www.hozan.co.jp/cycle_e/catalog/wheel/C-330.htm

Unfortunately, most of the stands are only good for wheel 28"...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By scott ttocs
Which spoke gauge is best for KH29 MUni?

Hi Corbin,

OK, so what model stands work?

--
scott ttocs
scott ttocs's Profile:...
Replies: 26
Posted By scott ttocs
Which spoke gauge is best for KH29 MUni?

I have a friend who has a bike wheel truing station (model?) but he does
not live close. Can I drop an ISIS hub into a standard bike wheel
truing station? Would I need some type of special...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By scott ttocs
Which spoke gauge is best for KH29 MUni?

phlegm;1143357 wrote:
Ask around for local wheel building experts if you want to find someone
to build a wheel. The more I unicycle, the more I think it's a vital
skill for every unicyclist...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By scott ttocs
Which spoke gauge is best for KH29 MUni?

How does one find a local person (LBS?) to rebuild a wheel? I know
there are some directions on the web, but I am not sure I want to jump
into such a project. How difficult is it to tune up a wheel...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By scott ttocs
Seeking guidance on my first uni...

If you are interested in Torker 24" LX, you can sometimes find deals on
the web or on e-bay. Here is one I found in a few minutes online. I
know nothing about the seller, so caveat...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43