Showing results 1 to 25 of 120
Search took 1.70 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Off The Back
Forum: Racing December 11th 08, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 57
Posted By Off The Back
Lance and TT and Giro & TDF

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Ted van de Weteringe wrote:
ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
"Tom Kunich" wrote:
"Off The Back" wrote:
hizark21 wrote:
[...]

Wonderful little nuggets...
Forum: Racing December 10th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 57
Posted By Off The Back
Lance and TT and Giro & TDF

Tom Kunich wrote:
Off The Back wrote:
hizark21 wrote:
Climbing is a different skill because you are
going against gravity so more energy
is needed.

Wonderful little nuggets...
Forum: Racing December 10th 08, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 57
Posted By Off The Back
Lance and TT and Giro & TDF

hizark21 wrote:
Climbing is a different skill because you are
going against gravity so more energy
is needed.

Wonderful little nuggets like that is why I read...
Forum: Racing December 9th 08, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 62
Posted By Off The Back
A new mental disorder?

Kyle Legate wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

A sidenote: we hold 3 patents and have 3 more pending. Small potatoes
in the world of tech, but they're all music/tech related.

A search...
Forum: Racing December 4th 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 62
Posted By Off The Back
A new mental disorder?

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
Damn, you're right.

He has three alters just in the ten-post-long 'Gays are destroying
society' thread. Alter/Content ratio = 30%!

Stocking Grasshopper,

Four in...
Forum: Racing December 4th 08, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 62
Posted By Off The Back
A new mental disorder?

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
We may be seeing psychiatric history, right here in r.b.r. I'm
beginning to think that Bruce might have ODID - Online Dissociative
Identity Disorder.

Just today...
Forum: Racing December 3rd 08, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Off The Back
Boulder gets a velodrome

Amit Ghosh wrote:
it's still something to hit. how many times have you seen someone
misjudge and end up riding across the infield ?

Several times just in the last few...
Forum: Racing December 3rd 08, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Off The Back
Floyd and his Lawyer...

....having fun:
http://www.truesport.com/rzone/articles/article.asp?recid=831
Forum: Racing December 3rd 08, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Off The Back
how screwed is kyle ?

raamman wrote:
just wondering, at his age going into a recession or worse....not a
good time

kyle? Do you mean Kayle? He'll slide right back into LA life I'm sure. He
won't write some whiney...
Forum: Racing December 3rd 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Off The Back
Boulder gets a velodrome

brian_j_roth wrote:
http://www.boulderindoorcycling.com/Boulder-Indoor-Cycling-News.aspx

Looks good, but some of those roof support columns look dangerously
close to the track.....

My...
Forum: Racing December 2nd 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 41
Posted By Off The Back
another case of clinical "asthma"

MagillaGorilla wrote:
snip
Other evidence in the case included pictures of Leogrande
holding EPO vials that were taken by rider Joe Papp and a note
that read: ìJoe, 2 boxes G. 100...
Forum: Racing November 30th 08, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 166
Posted By Off The Back
Who Has Gone the Distance?

Most asthmatics are diagnosed simply by telling the doctor
they have difficulty breathing.

That's probably true, but anyone who really has suffered an acute asthma attack knows that it is very...
Forum: Racing November 29th 08, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Off The Back
crack or meth?

MagillaGorilla wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/x-1155-Cycling-Examiner~y2008m11d28-Troubled-Chad-Gerlach-reportedly-returning-to-pro-cycling-with-Amore-e-VitaMcDonalds

Is crack or...
Forum: Racing November 22nd 08, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 13
Posted By Off The Back
Helmet Cam video

Howard Kveck wrote:
Off The Back wrote:

ST wrote:
I took a lot of video on this trip. This is just a 12 minute segment.
It is East San Diego County. Highway 70 (Banner Grade) descent...
Forum: Racing November 22nd 08, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 119
Posted By Off The Back
Whackos Running Cyclingnews?

Robert wrote:
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

Let's take a look at your page. Let's speak another language here. Some
thoughts...
snip

Damn Bruce, I'm flattered you took the time for...
Forum: Racing November 21st 08, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 119
Posted By Off The Back
Whackos Running Cyclingnews?

Robert wrote:
Yeah, but they don't write for the biggest sites with the most readership
in the world either. Well-written content is important as Sandy say, she
has good points.

Is Sandy a...
Forum: Racing November 21st 08, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 13
Posted By Off The Back
Helmet Cam video

ST wrote:
I took a lot of video on this trip. This is just a 12 minute segment.
It is East San Diego County. Highway 70 (Banner Grade) descent from behind
Julian down into the desert.

I have...
Forum: Racing November 21st 08, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 119
Posted By Off The Back
Whackos Running Cyclingnews?

Ted van de Weteringe wrote:
Sandy wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but if I am going to read something, the reading
itself ought to be part of the pleasure. It's like cooking - the raw
Forum: Racing November 21st 08, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 25
Posted By Off The Back
Gift ideas for a racer

Dumbass wrote:
$25-$40 range.

He's around a level 3.

Maybe a good book on strategy/traning?

Good recommendations so far in this thread.

To those, I would add "Roadie--the Misunderstood...
Forum: Racing November 7th 08, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 38
Posted By Off The Back
Can Armstrong sprint?

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Also, winning a sprint at the Tour of Georgia is like winning
a city limit sign sprint on a training ride.

I know a guy who recorded 1900+ watts in a Tour of Georgia field...
Forum: Racing October 31st 08, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Off The Back
Jeannie Longo Turns 50!

Robert wrote:
IMO, CN used to play favoritism towards certain photographers from my past
experience, and if that happened to photographers, then that could happen
to writers too...

Maybe...
Forum: Racing October 27th 08, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Off The Back
You Bob?

http://smithersmpls.com/2008/10/24/courtesy-of-bob-schwartz/

Nice!
Forum: Racing October 16th 08, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 134
Posted By Off The Back
Kohl fesses up, omerta in full swing...

Tom Kunich wrote:
LawBoy01 wrote:
Hey Tom. I agree with you about the testing matters in this post, but
we don't need McCain right now.

While I agree with you on that subject Phil, the...
Forum: Racing October 16th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 18
Posted By Off The Back
rec.bicycles.palin

Carl Sundquist wrote:

The Dump race (actually called the Vista View* race) is sited on a closed
landfill. As you likely know, Miami is essentially flat, with overpasses
and over water...
Forum: Racing October 15th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Off The Back
2009 USAC elite national championships - location?

Andy Coggan wrote:
I know that the men's pro races will be in Greenville again, but what
about the juniors/espoirs/women...anybody heard any rumors?

Dr. C,

I think it's supposed to be back in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 120