Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: H M Leary
Forum: General February 28th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By H M Leary
A new cell phone experience

In article ,
Curtis L. Russell wrote:

snip

Watch the news -
you'll see and hear a lot of cases of troopers with lights on...
Forum: Techniques February 12th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By H M Leary
Taking Care of Lycra

In article ,
" wrote:

SNIP

I think Simple Green is the thing for your white...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 07, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 112
Posted By H M Leary
alternate theories about why recumbents don't sell

How many bike shops are in your area??

There are about 100 bike shops within 50 miles of my home, and only one
sells/displays recumbents. He hangs them on the wall above the Diamond...
Forum: General January 19th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By H M Leary
What's the coldest weather you've rode in?

In article ,
"Ron Wallenfang" wrote:

I did my 21 mile commute on Feb. 18, 2006 with temperatures starting
out at...
Forum: General January 8th 07, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By H M Leary
Newbie update!

In article Bucoh.567608$R63.291082@pd7urf1no,
"nash" wrote:

"The Historian" wrote in message
Forum: General December 31st 06, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 33
Posted By H M Leary
Secrets of Warm Toes?

In article ,
Ron Hardin wrote:

88% wool socks
http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/product.asp?T1=G20111-L

Cathartt A-111 sock. Works for...
Forum: Techniques December 27th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By H M Leary
GPS with maps?

In article ,
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:

snip

Well, it IS gonna snow here in the Republic tomorrow, and there is
Forum: Rides December 27th 06, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By H M Leary
Heading Northeast from Philadelphia

In article ,
"Bill Cotton" wrote:

"Dave Rusin" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques December 22nd 06, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By H M Leary
Life in the bike shop

In article ,
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vkvRKyzr_Q&mode=related&search

Great self...
Forum: Techniques December 18th 06, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By H M Leary
chain cleaner... yes or no?

In article ,
catzz66 wrote:

wrote:

If you'll recommend a brand of citrus cleaner, I'll try...
Forum: Techniques December 14th 06, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By H M Leary
I've gotta get me one of these next year

In article ,
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 wrote:
Forum: General December 10th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 45
Posted By H M Leary
What's your best road find of the year?

In article ,
"Ted" wrote:

A few racoons, lots of frogs, a couple of skunks, four porcupines, and
several squirrels. ...
Forum: General December 9th 06, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 45
Posted By H M Leary
What's your best road find of the year?

In article ,
"David L. Johnson" wrote:

snip

We picked up the remainder of the money (at least $300), and
his wallet, and after a...
Forum: Rides November 18th 06, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By H M Leary
Bicycle rack for Honda S2000

In article ,
" wrote:

I am driving a 2004 Honda S2000. I cannot find a bike rack to fit
this car. The...
Forum: General November 15th 06, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By H M Leary
Flying Lights

In article ,
"Claire Petersky" wrote:

snip

I use strips of duck tape as an extra means of holding LED lights...
Forum: General November 8th 06, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By H M Leary
Winter gloves suitable for biking?

In article ,
dgk wrote:

SNIP

I'll still take hot over cold. Hot never seems to bother me much once
I'm moving. My fingers, toes,...
Forum: Techniques November 6th 06, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By H M Leary
Lance runs a 2:59 marathon

In article ,
"Johnny Sunset" wrote:

Peter Chisholm wrote:
Not bad at all. Took me 4 to run anywhere near that...
Forum: Techniques November 3rd 06, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By H M Leary
Rising rodent tide

In article ,
wrote:

First the squirrels came for the bicyclists, but I said nothing
because I was picking myself up off the...
Forum: Techniques November 1st 06, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 62
Posted By H M Leary
the myth of the LBS: a (lengthy) rant

In article ,
"David L. Johnson" wrote:

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:01:43 -0600, Solvang Cyclist wrote:

"David L. Johnson"...
Forum: General October 31st 06, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 40
Posted By H M Leary
Sheldon Brown

In article ,
Paul Hobson wrote:

snip
Thanks Sheldon for all the helpful advice you've given me. Keep the
faith.

Kenny

Forum: General October 31st 06, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By H M Leary
Cold weather

In article ,
"Claire Petersky" wrote:

snip

I live in the PNW, where it rains plenty, and I don't own any rain...
Forum: Techniques September 16th 06, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By H M Leary
Paging Sheldon...

In article ,
"Sheldon Brown" wrote:

Our Website http://sheldonbrown.com/ http://harriscyclery.com/ has been
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By H M Leary
90 days and counting

In article ,
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote:

Frank Drackman wrote:
I am sure that you [Peter...
Forum: General September 8th 06, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 21
Posted By H M Leary
Which Bike for Me?

In article ,
catzz66 wrote:

wrote:
Thanks to everyone who responded . . . with exception to the POS
Forum: Techniques September 7th 06, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By H M Leary
triple front derailleur question

In article ,
"Joe Dewberry" wrote:

Hi,

What is the mechanical/technical difference between a triple and double
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40