Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: POHB
Forum: UK November 10th 09, 05:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By POHB
Brompton tyre choice for easy removal- advice please

On 10 Nov, 13:01, wrote:
I'm having a nightmare repairing a rear puncture on my Brompton.
What is the best choice of tyre for easy removal?
Any advice gratefully...
Forum: UK November 9th 09, 05:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By POHB
Hub v. derailleur gears

On 6 Nov, 11:07, "Trevor A Panther"
It has completed a short 12000 miles and the hub gear makes it, IMO, *an
ideal all rounder bike. On tour the *hub gear is virtually maintenance free
in...
Forum: UK October 13th 09, 10:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 87
Posted By POHB
Got a (new-sort-of) bike.

It appears to have more than the normal number of gear shifters
Forum: UK September 30th 09, 12:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 116
Posted By POHB
Where "facilities" end

I used to commute along the N. Circular with the Gyratory system on my
route. For the first couple of weeks I tried using the underpasses but
eventually gave that up and simply used the road...
Forum: UK September 29th 09, 04:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 43
Posted By POHB
Loads on bikes

Took a load of cardboard to the dump recently -- heavy and bulky - not
sure how heavy, just bunged it all on the trailer. 'Can I pedal with
this lot? - yes!, off we go'

Took a load of...
Forum: UK September 29th 09, 11:13 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 116
Posted By POHB
Where "facilities" end

I think many of us believe that an issue with many existing cycle
"facilities" run out just where we might actually need them.
That being the case how do we provide a roundabout
facility, for...
Forum: UK September 28th 09, 12:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By POHB
Velodrome direction

On 28 Sep, 11:54, Phil Cook wrote:
Ian wrote:

"Jonathan Schneider" wrote in message
Forum: UK September 25th 09, 01:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 195
Posted By POHB
"Now it's speed bumps for cyclists"

On 25 Sep, 12:53, "Wm..." wrote:
There were many trailgators on last Sunday's London Skyride. *You and
your children could have joined in, it was fun. *If you are up north
(and I am appearing...
Forum: UK September 25th 09, 11:25 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 195
Posted By POHB
"Now it's speed bumps for cyclists"

On 25 Sep, 09:32, "Simon Mason" wrote:
I had to laugh at a Subaru Impreza WRC
going over one at walking pace when I rode over it.

A young collegue of mine was very proud of his hot hatchback...
Forum: UK September 25th 09, 08:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 195
Posted By POHB
"Now it's speed bumps for cyclists"

On 25 Sep, 07:35, Nobby Anderson wrote:
Oh I don't know, I'd see it as a challenge - any competent cyclist would
see it as a bunny-hop fest :-)

I heard that's how Shanaze...
Forum: UK September 24th 09, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By POHB
So... is it enforced?? How???

If you don't know whether you're inside the limit, slow down until you
do know. *The drink drive limits seems to be perfectly workable
without the need to mandate that all cars are fitted with...
Forum: UK September 24th 09, 12:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 51
Posted By POHB
is he a killer cyclist?

If I saw that scrotey little neddy I'd punch his lights out. Kids do
this in East London, bomb along the pavement almost daring someone to
challenge them.

Where does it say the collision...
Forum: UK September 18th 09, 08:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By POHB
today's the day!!

Not everyone is celebrating, however. The Cycle Touring Club's spokesman
said that the hunting season was 'an outrage' and that 'there was no such
thing as sustainable hunting of...
Forum: UK September 17th 09, 12:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By POHB
Inspiration

A bit eccentric perhaps but not a knob. It's the knobs who pass dangerously
close and clip cyclists on the way past :-)

Fortunately my knob doesn't stick out THAT far.

and then there's...
Forum: UK September 17th 09, 09:19 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By POHB
Recycling, cycling, Daily Mail, despair

On 17 Sep, 09:03, POHB wrote:
On 13 Sep, 12:07, Squashme wrote:

Depressing tale from the Mail:-

http://tinyurl.com/lapcb8

Comment in the...
Forum: UK September 17th 09, 09:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 132
Posted By POHB
Daily Mail again

On 14 Sep, 20:06, Chris Gerhard wrote:
Another "journalist" who thinks it is clever to drive like a moron and
bully cyclists.

Forum: UK September 17th 09, 09:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By POHB
Recycling, cycling, Daily Mail, despair

On 13 Sep, 12:07, Squashme wrote:
Depressing tale from the Mail:-

http://tinyurl.com/lapcb8

Comment in the...
Forum: UK September 15th 09, 08:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 132
Posted By POHB
Daily Mail again

Bradley Wiggins has been publicly taking him to task over...
Forum: UK September 14th 09, 05:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By POHB
Another cranky idea....

Attach wings for a flapping flying bike
Forum: UK September 10th 09, 09:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 181
Posted By POHB
Electric bikes?

On 10 Sep, 01:15, "Clive George" wrote:
At the last office I worked in the boss saw what a mess I made of the place
with my wet cycling clothes and put his old tumble...
Forum: UK September 8th 09, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By POHB
test rides

On 8 Sep, 09:40, Aard wrote:
What's 'reasonable' to ask in terms of taking a new bike for a ride to
see how you get on with it? Unfamiliar territory here - am I taking
the...
Forum: UK September 7th 09, 02:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 100
Posted By POHB
Right of way.

On 7 Sep, 13:44, NM wrote:
This morning I was pootling along the service road from the
supermarket car park to the T junction where it joined the main road,
I was on my...
Forum: UK September 7th 09, 02:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By POHB
Koolstop cartridge pads not fitting

On 7 Sep, 13:49, wrote:
Seriously though, it shouldn't be a problem - a couple of weeks ago I
installed some Koolstop pads into Aztec holders and was able to slide
Forum: UK August 27th 09, 11:23 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By POHB
What cassette

On 27 Aug, 11:03, (D.M.
Procida) wrote:
I need to replace my cassette because the new chain jumps on it - Dawes
Horizon tourer, four years old, eight...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500