Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: IUni
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By IUni
Today I... (brag thread)

...didn't ride with temperature -47C windchill (-53F) :eek: & booked a
kiteboard vacation in South America!! :)

--
IUni

-------------------
there are only 10 types of people in this world - those...
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By IUni
Today I... (brag thread)

...went for an XC with about 3" of light powder on the ground on top of
the mostly hardpack underneath.

Vis was terrible. Overcast, moderate snow & very flat light, basically
"white-out"...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By IUni
What 36er should I buy?

Sask-man:

Great post! Thanks.

That is far beyond my exploration into 36er's but definitely of some
interest to me.

Do you have any translation of value/$? The price of the KH is 1/2
again as...
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By IUni
A Helmet Epiffany, I'm going to let you in on it...

If you want a more vented helmet, look at the Red "Frequency", with
sound, Red "Hi Fi", less expensive vented Giro G10 or G9.

Today was -20C with a wind NW @ ~20mph. The windchill was well...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By IUni
Do you guys ACTUALLY get mad??

I've had a far greater number of positive experiences than negative
ones, on a unicycle.

On my MTB, I've been run off the road - intentionally a couple of times
- a number of times in the last few...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By IUni
What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

There is a lot of new soft shell material available. Kind of expensive
though.

Check out www.mec.ca

--
IUni

-------------------
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By IUni
What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

I go back to my old MTB stuff. I used to ride to -30C and with
windchill much colder than that - not so much interested in that now.
Sunny, light wind, 0F is ok though.

Use layers!! Have a back up...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By IUni
Today I... (brag thread)

...had my first uni ride in three weeks after a major tropics vacation
and major kiteboarding fix. Roads covered with ice, xc trails 2++
inches snow, -7C. Hmmm...why do I live...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By IUni
Shin Guards?

I like the 661 4x4's. Even with them on, with a major hit, this happened
to me last month. You can see some older scrapes there...
Forum: Unicycling November 3rd 08, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 59
Posted By IUni
Today I... (brag thread)

...had to take a day off :mad:

Need to overcome some oldism, and recover after a show-off
sesh...bailed on the 8-set. OMG thanks to the Bad Ass glove/wrist guards
which burned plastic on the...
Forum: Unicycling October 30th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By IUni
Today I... (brag thread)

Today I...

Crashed a BUNCH. Despite leg armour have a impressive divot from my
shin, and a broken cell phone that I had in my pocket -- duh!! :mad:

AND... landed my first 360 uni spin.:)

--
IUni
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11