Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Techniques December 15th 18, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 138
Posted By [email protected]
casette shifting, again

Rod brakes: you mean like this? [1] It is a Flying Pigeon, which I won't bother saving.

Shifting: more snow, still works. The new cable did it. Only I don't know why. Also I don't know if this cable...
Forum: Techniques November 23rd 18, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
relation between saddle height and horizontal position

Sorry I can't cite. The other poster called me Mr. Berg so I thought I do that as well as a joke. But without the citation, and you probably forgot his post, maybe it didn't make sense. I really...
Forum: Techniques November 23rd 18, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
relation between saddle height and horizontal position

Mr. Berg was very happy to finally get two quality, modern bikes to play and learn and ride. After riding them a lot, he heard from another rider the saddles were way too low. The rider told about...
Forum: Techniques November 18th 18, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
relation between saddle height and horizontal position

People can forget I spend 50 cent on adjusting the bloody saddle for me.
Forum: Techniques November 15th 18, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
cleaning the bike

Jay: I think it is a work in process at this point.

Video: Wow, he works fast! Why is it necessary to remove the wheels tho?
Forum: Techniques November 14th 18, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
cleaning the bike

Joerg: That's what I thought as well!
Forum: Techniques November 6th 18, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
casette shifting

Ok, but coating only to prevent rust?
Forum: Techniques November 6th 18, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
casette shifting

If I'm allowed to guess, the outside of the chain grabs the teeth and pulls the sprocket. You don't oil the jaws of a spanner before you pull a nut. OTOH the chain enters and leaves the sprocket,...
Forum: Techniques November 6th 18, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
casette shifting

Yeah makes sense. Don't forget the other question (cassette and chain oiI), more interesting to hear.
Forum: Techniques November 6th 18, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
casette shifting

Yeah but l mean you don't just throw a bucket over the whole thing?
Forum: Techniques November 6th 18, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
casette shifting

BTW should the cassette be completely dry optimally even tho it won't happen? No oil, chain only on the inside?
Forum: Techniques November 6th 18, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
casette shifting

How do you lube the deraileur?
Forum: Techniques November 4th 18, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
bad day for cyclists and Girl Scouts

I can't access any of them URLs but what an awful tragedy!
Forum: Techniques November 1st 18, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
relationship between tire and PSI

no I get it you can't inflate if there is a hole thru the tire!

thank you both.

I send this from the field on a smartphone with GG which is why I can't cite BTW. or maybe I just haven't figured out...
Forum: Techniques November 1st 18, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
relationship between tire and PSI

ok! if we pretend a scale where 10 is brand new tire and 1 is all stiff with visible cracks. on the tire it says max X psi. when the tire is worn down to say 5 on our scale, can it still take X psi?...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16