Showing results 1 to 25 of 317
Search took 4.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eric Vey
Forum: Techniques February 18th 09, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Eric Vey
Help: Teflon V Brake Noodle Liner

BlahBlah wrote:
Hi:

Anyone know if it's possible to purchase just the Teflon liner for a
shimano XT V Brake cable noodle? If so, know of an online source?
Thanks for any advice.

I...
Forum: Techniques February 18th 09, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Eric Vey
rubber ducky as pedestrian avoidance

Henry wrote:
I commute along narrow paths every day, which I have to share with
pedestrians.

Does your city not give you perfectly good streets to use?
I prefer the street to paths since I...
Forum: Techniques January 27th 09, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 217
Posted By Eric Vey
The Perfect Commuter Bike For The Masses?

wrote:
On Jan 26, 3:38 pm, Eric Vey wrote:
wrote:
When I commute in the winter, its an hour before sunrise. And my bike
Forum: Techniques January 27th 09, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 217
Posted By Eric Vey
The Perfect Commuter Bike For The Masses?

landotter wrote:

Right now, I can send a noob down to the LBS to pick up an Electra
Townie w/ fenders and a nice shopping basket for $600 in a friendly
light metallic blue. However--as...
Forum: Techniques January 26th 09, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
On Jan 26, 2:38 pm, Eric Vey wrote:
wrote:
When I commute in the winter, its an hour before sunrise. And my...
Forum: Techniques January 26th 09, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

When I commute in the winter, its an hour before sunrise. And my bike
stays in the garage overnight. Kind of hard to have working solar
powered lights with no...
Forum: Techniques January 21st 09, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Eric Vey
Cargo pack/ vest for cycling?

wrote:
Rather than a Camelback type pack for shorts rides
where you need some clothes, food, and water...... does
anyone make and/or use a specialized cycling "vest" of
some...
Forum: Techniques December 29th 08, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 90
Posted By Eric Vey
pedals $40 or $240.00, higher better?

jeffreybike wrote:
I've been cycling for years and I now have new bike. My question is
this: Are $240. pedals better than $40 pedals. Will I be stronger,
faster and better? Is $200 more really...
Forum: Techniques December 11th 08, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Eric Vey
Rain Gaiters?

When I was a kid, they were called galoshes.
Now I think they are called "overshoes."
Googling shows all around pics he

http://tinyurl.com/6c4ro6

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Anybody know of...
Forum: Techniques December 2nd 08, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Eric Vey
Automatic-charging LED Bicycle Lamp Developed in Taiwan

http://news.cens.com/cens/html/en/news/news_inner_25524.html

Taipei, Dec. 1, 2008 (CENS)--Cycling & Health R&D Center (CHC), a
government-sponsored bicycle and health product development citadel in...
Forum: Techniques November 27th 08, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Eric Vey
giganews - newsbin - can't find RBT?!

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:12:17 -0800 (PST), Jay
wrote:

I am not a complete idiot. I just paid $$ for these services. But I
can't find RBT...
Forum: Techniques November 12th 08, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Eric Vey
Battery question

Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
On 11/12/2008 9:17 AM wrote:

On Nov 12, 10:41 am, Mike Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:
On 11/12/2008 6:56 AM...
Forum: Techniques October 27th 08, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Eric Vey
Non Bike Q - What Type Of Clamp Is This?

Martin Riddle wrote:
"Kerry Montgomery" wrote in message

| wrote in message

Forum: Techniques September 11th 08, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Eric Vey
Police catch bike thieves with GPS enabled bait

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per :
You want to "ruin" a young person's life because they stole a toy?
YOU are definitely part of the problem NOT part of the solution.

I took...
Forum: Techniques September 10th 08, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Eric Vey
Police catch bike thieves with GPS enabled bait

RicodJour wrote:
On Sep 10, 8:24 am, " wrote:
On Sep 10, 7:39 am, Woland99 wrote:

This one was posted on Austin's craigslist...
Forum: Techniques September 9th 08, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Eric Vey
Replacing handlebar grips

agcou wrote:
On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 23:59:33 -0400, Eric Vey wrote:

Not trolling. Just trying to get my grips to stick better.

aren't you the guy with the cassette cogs eating into the...
Forum: Techniques September 9th 08, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Eric Vey
Replacing handlebar grips

agcou wrote:
On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 23:26:06 -0400, Eric Vey wrote:

Sorry, no hairspray in the house.
When I was a kid, rubber cement was the thing rumored to work.

Any other ideas?
Forum: Techniques September 9th 08, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Eric Vey
Replacing handlebar grips

Sorry, no hairspray in the house.
When I was a kid, rubber cement was the thing rumored to work.

Any other ideas?
Forum: Social Issues September 9th 08, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 87
Posted By Eric Vey
are you for shooting them in the back?

ComandanteBanana wrote:
And then you carry
the fight to the Internet. Someone has do it anyway, no?

No.

Based on the facts that I have cited. The number of murders alone should
be getting you...
Forum: General September 9th 08, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc

ComandanteBanana wrote:
And then you carry
the fight to the Internet. Someone has do it anyway, no?

No.

Based on the facts that I have cited. The number of murders alone should
be getting you...
Forum: UK September 8th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 80
Posted By Eric Vey
I'm ready to face that jungle

ComandanteBanana wrote:

I'm ready to face that jungle... But I'd need something like an SUV.
Like this...

So you can drive it off the road like the locals do and kill yourself?

344 auto...
Forum: General September 8th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 90
Posted By Eric Vey
I'm ready to face that jungle

ComandanteBanana wrote:

I'm ready to face that jungle... But I'd need something like an SUV.
Like this...

So you can drive it off the road like the locals do and kill yourself?

344 auto...
Forum: Social Issues September 8th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 87
Posted By Eric Vey
I'm ready to face that jungle

ComandanteBanana wrote:

I'm ready to face that jungle... But I'd need something like an SUV.
Like this...

So you can drive it off the road like the locals do and kill yourself?

344 auto...
Forum: Social Issues September 8th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 87
Posted By Eric Vey
I thought stupid cyclists didn't get to live that long

ComandanteBanana wrote:

So which city's drivers suffer from the worst road rage? The third
annual In The Driver's Seat Road Rage Survey, commissioned by
AutoVantage, a leading national auto...
Forum: General September 8th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc