Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: roger merriman
Forum: UK March 10th 08, 08:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By roger merriman
Cycle lanes a "danger" to drivers.

On 10 Mar, 18:24, Pete Whelan wrote:
Martin Dann wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
Story about how new local cycle lanes are confusing drivers.

Forum: UK March 7th 08, 10:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By roger merriman
Caste - a useful analogy

On 7 Mar, 02:43, wrote:
Patrick Gosling wrote:
In article , wrote:

I think describing this in terms of...
Forum: UK February 27th 08, 01:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By roger merriman
"Cycling as a mass form of transport is pure fantasy"

On 27 Feb, 14:17, calum wrote:
...said the blinkered doctor.

See :

http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/letters/display.var.2075347.0.cyc...

Forum: UK February 22nd 08, 09:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By roger merriman
Inner tubes for MTB, Presta or car type? But pump problem withcar type.

On 22 Feb, 00:46, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Pete Biggs wrote:
elyob wrote:
"Jonathan Campbell" wrote in message
Forum: UK February 20th 08, 11:13 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By roger merriman
It's not just cyclists

On 19 Feb, 16:37, "wafflycat" wrote:
Cycled into town & back today. Visibility due to freezing fog down to less
than 100yds in places. Me, sur velo, in acres of...
Forum: UK February 14th 08, 12:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By roger merriman
Cure for sore Butt?

On Feb 14, 10:18*am, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:
,
Trevor tweaked the...
Forum: UK February 12th 08, 09:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By roger merriman
waitrose free hire of bike trailers

On 12 Feb, 10:41, JNugent wrote:
David Hansen wrote:
Lloyd wrote this:
In Walsall, they don't allow you into our local dump on bicycle, on
Forum: UK February 11th 08, 02:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By roger merriman
waitrose free hire of bike trailers

On 11 Feb, 13:06, David Hansen
wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 02:55:44 -0800 (PST) someone who may be roger
merriman wrote this:-

as...
Forum: UK February 11th 08, 10:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By roger merriman
waitrose free hire of bike trailers

as subject, just noticed that watrose are doing this at least the one
on upper richmound road is. not a bad idea really be intresting to
know how much it gets used.

roger
Forum: UK January 27th 08, 09:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By roger merriman
Spanish driver sues dead crash cyclist for damage to his car

On 27 Jan, 08:06, wrote:
On Jan 26, 11:40*pm, Martin Dann wrote:

Mark T wrote:

I agree. According to the Torygraph, the guy was doing...
Forum: UK January 24th 08, 11:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By roger merriman
London Boroughs to be encouraged to set 20mph for residentialareas.

On 24 Jan, 11:53, POHB wrote:
On 23 Jan, 21:55, Paul Luton wrote:

What is says on the tin.

I like to think that I helped in getting my...
Forum: UK December 24th 07, 12:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By roger merriman
Over the handlebars....

On 23 Dec, 13:04, Peter Grange wrote:
On the brommie on my morning trip to collect the papers (something
I've been doing for a week and a half since my last contract...
Forum: UK December 17th 07, 12:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By roger merriman
Light wheels?

On 17 Dec, 13:06, wrote:
Hi,
I'm wondering if I can usefully improve my bike with a nice
wheelset. Currently I'm running old fashioned and inexpensive 36-spoke
Forum: UK December 17th 07, 12:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By roger merriman
bike/walking village

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7117127.stm

saw this and thought of you.

no dought there is to it than the rather rosey write up. be intresting
to know if one can shop locally? and other...
Forum: UK October 29th 07, 01:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By roger merriman
... and then you win

On 29 Oct, 12:07, David Martin wrote:
The government have effectively killed off the Bone headed bill..

Forum: UK October 10th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By roger merriman
Snot filled inner tubes - whats the secret ?

On 9 Oct, 23:51, "Pete Biggs"
wrote:
Coyoteboy wrote:
Not sure im following. The idea of the snot is you dont have to pump
up at all,...
Forum: UK September 22nd 07, 04:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By roger merriman
Ride a bike? You must be rich!

On 22 Sep, 09:02, Don Whybrow wrote:
soup wrote:
Coyoteboy wrote:
Much like the humourous graph I saw the other day
linking the number of pirates...
Forum: UK August 29th 07, 10:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By roger merriman
Broken frame

On 29 Aug, 21:44, CoyoteBoy wrote:
On 29 Aug, 20:24, "Kevin and Jane Laval"
wrote:

Just looking for any thoughts; noticed an odd noise...
Forum: UK August 29th 07, 10:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By roger merriman
Punctured tyres

On 29 Aug, 16:29, Adrian Godwin wrote:
renum wrote:

I do 10miles a day for my commute in London on a Specialized Crossroads
Comp 05,...
Forum: General August 29th 07, 09:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 181
Posted By roger merriman
Which Brakes? Avid Mechanical Disc? Magura Big or Marta Hydraulic Disc?

On 29 Aug, 05:03, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
wrote:
Artemisia wrote:
I've been assuming all along that the brakes I would get on my new HPV
Scorpion would...
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 29th 07, 09:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 156

wrote:
Artemisia wrote:
I've been assuming all along that the brakes I would get on my new HPV
Scorpion would...
Forum: UK August 29th 07, 09:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 184

wrote:
Artemisia wrote:
I've been assuming all along that the brakes I would get on my new HPV
Scorpion would...
Forum: UK August 28th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By roger merriman
Nearly taken out again

On 28 Aug, 14:20, Alistair Gunn wrote:
coyoteboy twisted the electrons to say:

I just don't understand how someone can overtake a cyclist (and give me
plenty of...
Forum: UK August 23rd 07, 06:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By roger merriman
Tips for a stubbon tyre?

On 22 Aug, 18:22, Tony Raven wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:33:03 +0000, Duncan Smith wrote:

When you say right width, do you mean exactly for the rim, or just
Forum: UK August 18th 07, 11:37 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By roger merriman
Hub and Chainwheel

On 17 Aug, 22:40, "Graham Harrison"