Old August 13th 19, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Bad rear derailleur???

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 9:15:27 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:

Get your eye behind the rear changer and see if the cage is
parallel to the chainrings.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Gosh darn Andy, I'm beginning to suspect maybe you know what you are talking about. I put my Park rear derailleur hanger tool on the rear hanger. And G-d D-mn it was so crooked. I got it back to being perfectly aligned. Its a steel hanger that is welded right onto the steel frame. So easy to bend it right. With the hanger being so bent, I can't figure out how rear shifting was perfectly fine for the first 30 miles of the ride. All shifts perfect. I'd think a crooked rear hanger would not shift right.