Old September 17th 19, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Top-Not Come Down: was: AG: Eight Days of Gibson

The subject line refers to a joke that's older than I am -- the
preacher didn't approve of his congregation's hair styles, so he
preached on the passage "Top knot come down."

When they looked up the chapter and verse, it turned out to be from a
prediction of a major calmity in which everyone must run for his life:
"Let him who is upon the housetop not come down to take anything that
is in the house."

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 22:57:27 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I did a major shopping today, so
I probably won't need to take a short ride.

This evening I got a call that my pills were ready; my first thought
was to drive the car to pick them up, then I noticed that the sun sets
at eight, it was only six, and sorting out the pockets in my jersey
doesn't take any longer than sorting out the pockets in my jeans.

So I got a mile and a half ride in today. Tomorrow and Wednesday are
booked, and I'll probably be tired on Thursday.

I just took six of the pills, and the package says that they might
cause dizziness. Any ditzyness in this post I'll blame on them.

So I combed out the Gibson on the ninth day.

--
Joy Beeson, U.S.A., mostly central Hoosier,
some Northern Indiana, Upstate New York, Florida, and Hawaii