Old September 20th 03, 09:31 PM
Thomas

Default Bike shoes,cleats and traffic - advise please???

"One Step Beyond" wrote in message
Hello,

Hello!

snip

I only started with SPD pedals about a couple of months ago, and did the
same as you - *really* think the whole time I was cycling, looking for when
I was about to stop and then getting my foot out in plenty of time. Never
really concentrated on what side I was leaning - I stay in the saddle with a
very pointed leg

(as an aside, nearly fouled that up after a week of hard cycling, on the way
to Tesco's, middle of busy road waiting for a chance to turn right, got a
nasty cramp in the leg on the floor. Nearly went for a nasty tumble or two)

Anyways, suddenly I found myself unclipping without thinking about it. It
certainly wasn't a concious effort to try and see how long I could wait
until clipping out - suddenly it just came to me. However, this is for my
right foot - the left one's a bit more clumsy. Oh and, strangely enough, I
always find myself standing out of the saddle when the left foot's
unclipped. Strange.

Give it time, you'll be fine :-)

Thomas.