Old December 15th 04, 03:20 PM
dgk

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:26:10 -0500, "psycholist"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
I'll admit that I wasn't looking forward to riding today. 22F and
windy - the wrong way of course. Still, I was all layered up (with one
extra layer) when I couldn't find my electric gloves. Odd, since I
wore them yesterday. I looked upstairs, downstairs, all around. No
electirc gloves. I looked in the garage but no. No gloves.

So I punted and took the train. I did make some stops coming home
yesterday and might have switched gloves and left the electric ones
somewhere but I really doubt it. I mean, it was cold last night.

Still, they were not locatable this morning. I can only conclude that
divine intervention was responsible. Or perhaps one of the cats hid
them. That would still sort of be divine intervention.

I've done a few rides when it dipped down into the 20s. One day a group of
us rolled out on a ride at 22 degrees and there were just some tiny sleet
pellets falling every now and then. We rode 55 miles. I was dressed
properly for it and, therefore, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well, actually,
the first big downhill I thought my face was gonna freeze solid. But I got
accustomed to it.

Yes, I noticed yesterday that I could peel my face off when I got
home.

I live in the South and those conditions are relatively rare here. I admire
those of you who live up north and ride through those conditions, and worse,
on a daily basis. I salute you.

As for cats being any sort of divine messenger ... I doubt it. If they are,
I wonder what I should make of it when mine come through the cat door and
drop off a dead rat carcass or a live snake, etc.

(Funny aside. One day one of my cats came blasting through the cat door and
had a pancake in his mouth. Huh? It was fun trying to imagine where he
came up with that.)

Someone, somewhere, went hungry that morning.