Old February 3rd 17, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: I charged a winter hill

Went up McKinley Street again today. This time I got down on the
drops as soon as I was past the rough pavement under the railroad and
sprinted properly.

In less than half a block, I was completely out of breath and had to
ease off.

I did the rest of the ten-mile ride at my usual relaxed pace. Took
about five hours, but included at least four prolonged stops.

I was in some alarm when, while I was dressing, the scanner said that
Argonne would be closed for fifteen minutes. When Argonne is closed,
the only alternate route is McKinley. But Argonne was open again
before I got all my layers on.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net