Old November 3rd 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brendan Halpin

Default Nearly minus my son :(

"wafflycat" writes:

The son was in the process of doing the final RH turn into the
private lane we live on. He looked behind him - nothing coming -
signals right - moves to centre of road (but still LH of central
line) - hears engine roaring up from behind swiftly followed by
squeal of brakes as tw@t speeds through village and overtakes the
cyclist who is signalling to make a RH turn...

Sorry to hear that. I have not-so-fond memories of a cabbie in
Wivenhoe that did that to me.

To tie in with another thread, you just have to be grateful the
moton wasn't looking at his speedometer, or otherwise he would have
been destined to hit your son (if at a legal speed) ...

Brendan
--
Brendan Halpin, Department of Sociology, University of Limerick, Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147 f +353-61-202569 h +353-61-338562; Room F2-025 x 3147