Old November 4th 06, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sniper8052(L96A1)

Default Nearly minus my son :(

wafflycat wrote:
Son arrived home from college not long ago. He is quite shaken. He just
missed being splatted by a car speeding through the village.

He had lights on bike (lit and multitudinous) and was wearing reflective
gilet with three wide nads of reflective around the body and reflective
stripes over the shoulder. The Unfit Family cycle in hours of darkness
using the 'lit up like a Christmas tree/low-flying UFO' principle.

The son was in the process of doing the final RH turn into the private
lane we live on. He looked behind him - nothing coming - signals right -
moves to centre of road (but still LH of central line) - hears engine
roaring up from behind swiftly followed by squeal of brakes as tw@t
speeds through village and overtakes the cyclist who is signalling to
make a RH turn...

Thankfully son had his wits about him and *didn't* attempt the RH
turn... if he had, I'd likely be minus a son by now.

Sad to say in the heat of the moment, son didn't get the twunts
registration number.

On the plus side, I'm just exceedingly grateful son is alive, physically
unhurt, just scared witless for a while.

He has had a huge hug and shall be getting more.

Sorry to hear that he was nearly wiped out, glad to hear he is okay. On
the plus side I gave out 23 EFPN's for stopping in an ASL this week
Just feeling mean...

Sniper8052