Old October 18th 10, 01:42 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan[_6_]

Default Trike suspension?, was I'm BACK!!!!!

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 18:43:30 -0500, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

On 10/17/2010 6:33 PM, Harry Brogan wrote:
On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:55:28 -0500,
wrote:

"Harry wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 16:53:14 -0500, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

On 10/15/2010 9:06 PM, gotbent aka FRT rider
wrote:

Actually, I am in the market for another ride. Can you give some
brands that are currently offering the rear suspension????

Trice (Inspired Cycle Engineering (ICE) ) and HP Velotechnik both offer
rear
wheel suspended trikes and also fully $u$pended trikes. IIRC Challenge
also
makes a trike with rear suspension. There're probably one or two more if
you
search.

I have not ridden a fully suspended trike, but rear suspension provides
adequate comfort for almost all on-road conditions.

I have to wonder how well rear suspension would hold up with a rack,
saddlebags, and pulling a BoB trailer........Something to ponder.....

Racks on my fully suspended semi-low racer and on the trice are mounted to
the frame and do not interfere with the rear suspension movement and do not
add to the unsprung weight. The manual for the semi-low (HPVelotechnik) two
wheeler forbids the use a trailer.

Don't have to worry about the two wheel issues. I am looking to get a
new Tadpole. Just wondering what the issues might be. I have even
seen one with front wheel drive and rear steering. Although I don't
think I like that quite as well.

Leave the rear-wheel steering to the forklifts and other low-speed
vehicles, as it is almost impossible to make a rear-steer vehicle that
handles well at speed.

Kind of thought that. Saw a video with one and, frankly, it looked a
bit cheesy.